1. To persuade someone by telling them repeatedly to do something, or to question someone repeatedly: Stop Badgering me - I'll do it when I'm ready
2. [ + into + -ing verb ] She's been Badgering me into do …
3. The Managers organized an inquisition for the purpose of torturing and Badgering Ross into submission
4. THE CLANSMAN THOMAS DIXON It took her six years of Badgering her protector, from 1819 to 1825, to bring about the eviction
5. Badgering 1) Badgering is a cruel sport in which hounds are sent into a badgers den to flush out badgers so the farmer can destroy them and keep them off his land 2) Looking for a parner to have sex with 3) Putting the hound up the badgers …
6. The Badgering objection prevents an attorney from trying to provoke an emotional response from the witness during cross-examination
7. Badgering 'Badgering' is a 9 letter word starting with B and ending with G Crossword clues for 'Badgering' Clue Answer; Badgering (7) TEASING: Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Badgering [teasing] We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word teasing will help you to finish your crossword today
8. Badgering (incantation unknown), was a transfiguration spell that turned a target into a badger.
9. Hypernyms ("Badgering" is a kind of): harassment; molestation(the act of tormenting by continued persistent attacks and criticism)
10. Definition of Badgering in the Definitions.net dictionary
11. What does Badgering mean? Information and translations of Badgering in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
12. Badgering communication is a sure way to push your relationship over the ledge.
13. Badgering the Witness is a term used when, instead of being questioned, a witness is subjected to derisive comments ("You expect the jury to believe that?"), legal arguments posed as questions ("With all the evidence against you, how can you deny that you stole the watch?), or questions that assume facts not in evidence ("There were ten people blocking your view, yet you can identify the
Badgering, Being, Believe, Blocking
14. This phrase I just mentioned, 'Badgering the witness', simply indicates the perception that the attorney is creating a hostile environment for the witness, is being argumentative and being obnoxious
15. See 7 authoritative translations of Badgering in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
16. Translations in context of "Badgering" in English-Arabic from Reverso Context: Badgering, Your Honor
17. In that same vein, if you want to make a constructive change when dealing with your husband’s Badgering, the best approach is not to play ball with the negativity
Badgering, Best, Ball
18. Badgering: 1 n the act of harassing someone Synonyms: bedevilment , torment , worrying Type of: harassment , molestation the act of tormenting by continued persistent attacks and criticism
Badgering, Bedevilment, By
19. What legal action is available to stop Badgering/harassment by boyfriend's ex-spouse? my boyfriend and i live together and he has been separated from his wife for 16mos now ans she constantly harasses/attacks me personally
Badgering, By, Boyfriend, Been
20. Definition of Badgering in the Fine Dictionary
21. Meaning of Badgering with illustrations and photos
22. Pronunciation of Badgering and its etymology
23. Related words - Badgering synonyms, antonyms, hypernyms and hyponyms
24. Example sentences containing Badgering
25. Badgering is a way to call attention to something you don’t like in someone you do like
26. "Badgering the witness" is the proper objection for a lawyer who is antagonizing or mocking a witness by asking insulting or derisive questions, perhaps in an attempt to provoke an emotional response.
27. Badgering the witness When a lawyer is unnecessarily hostile to, combatative with or harrassing a witness
28. Badgering can incorporate "lewd behavior" or unwanted lewd gestures, demands for sexual courtesies, and other verbal or actual provocation of a sexual sort
29. Badgering doesn't need to be solely sexual in nature however can likewise incorporate hostile remarks about an individual's sex.
30. My employer is bullying and Badgering me and trying to either make me quit or fire me
31. 4.0 out of 5 stars Badgering the Bear
32. At work, it's OK to ignore things, especially when that "thing" is constantly Badgering you to get your work done and why you linger in the break room
33. Interrogating, Badgering, or Initiating Contact? Northern Kentucky Law Review, Forthcoming
34. • Terry kept Badgering the guards for magazines and a radio
35. • Often the result of one partner Badgering the other into making a bit of a show
36. Stop Badgering your father with questions! 2
37. They kept phoning and writing, Badgering me to go back
38. His daughter was always Badgering him to let her join the club
39. My friends keep Badgering me to get a cell phone
40. Badgering an ex is a sign that you have completely lost control of your emotions! Let our experts show you how to shift course and make your ex miss you! Customer Service: +1.786.635.8373
It means to pester someone . When you ' badger someone into doing something', you keep annoying or bothering the person till he becomes frustrated and agrees to do what you want him to. *The children badgered their father into taking them to a movie. The idiom comes from the cruel sport of badger baiting.
Top antonyms for badgering (opposite of badgering) are pleasing, good and rosy.
Badger(noun) an itinerant licensed dealer in commodities used for food; a hawker; a huckster; -- formerly applied especially to one who bought grain in one place and sold it in another. Badger(noun) a carnivorous quadruped of the genus Meles or of an allied genus. It is a burrowing animal, with short, thick legs, and long claws on the fore feet.
Choose the Right Synonym for badger. Verb. bait, badger, heckle, hector, chivy, hound mean to harass by efforts to break down. bait implies wanton cruelty or delight in persecuting a helpless victim.