1. Backward definition is - toward the back or rear
2. How to use Backward in a sentence.
3. Reverse, inverted, inverse, back to front, rearward, BWD (S.M.S.) He did a Backward flip.
Back, Bwd, Backward
4. In the reverse of the usual or right way: counting Backward from 100.
5. Synonyms & Antonyms of Backward (Entry 2 of 2) 1 directed, turned, or done toward the back a Backward turn on ice skates is hard to learn because you can't see where you're going
Backward, Back, Because
6. Backward adjective (OPPOSITE DIRECTION) towards the direction that is the opposite to the one in which you are facing: She left without a Backward glance
7. He did a fantastic Backward somersault.
8. Backward means "toward the rear" or "behind." It’s the opposite of forward
9. If you stop peddling your bike on a hill, you’ll start rolling Backward. If you count Backward …
10. Towards the rear, behind you, in reverse, rearwards Bess glanced Backwards. 2
Behind, Bess, Backwards
11. In reverse order, back to front, in the opposite way from usual He works Backwards, building a house from the top downwards
Back, Backwards, Building
12. To the past, back unshakable traditions that look Backward rather than ahead
13. Find 78 ways to say Backward, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
14. Backwards definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation
15. With the help of Backwards-text.com, you can reverse, mirror and reverse your text in real time
16. Backward (s) about coming forward Backward (s) and forward (s) be (not) Backward in coming forward bend over Backward (s)
Backward, Be, Bend
17. Backward (comparative more Backward, superlative most Backward) Situated toward or at the rear of something
18. The silt collects in the Backward part of the tank
19. In most adverbial uses Backward and Backwards are interchangeable: the car rolled slowly Backward and the car rolled slowly Backwards are both equally acceptable
Backward, Backwards, Both
20. In North American English Backward tends to be preferred to Backwards, while in British English it is the other way round.
Backward, Be, Backwards, British
21. Backward means the opposite way, behind, in reverse, away from the front.Backward may also mean shy, not socially adept, or regressing instead of progressing
22. While technically Backwards is interchangeable with Backward, the overwhelmingly preferred spelling in the United States is Backward, whether it is used as an adjective or an adverb.
23. The development of Backward areas and welfare of the people was a mission of the PTI government and:' We are striving hard to improve the standard of life of people living in these areas, the chief minister concluded
24. In US English, the adverb form is sometimes spelled Backwards (the ladder fell Backwards), but the adjective is almost always Backward (a Backward glance)
Backwards, But, Backward
25. Directional words using the suffix -ward tend to have no s ending in US English, although Backwards is more common than afterwards, towards, or …
26. See also -s (“ used in the formation of certain adverbs: Backwards, downwards, inwards, etc
27. Backwards (comparative more Backwards, superlative most Backwards) Synonym of Backward; see usage notes there
28. A Backward movement or look is in the direction that your back is facing
29. Some people use Backwards for this meaning
30. See: ass-Backwards back and forth Backward and forward Backward(s) about coming forward Backward(s) and forward(s) be (not) Backward in coming forward bend over Backward(s) bend over Backwards bend over Backwards to do something bend/lean over Backward, to bend/lean over Backwards to do something dragged through a hedge Backward(s) fall all over oneself
Backwards, Back, Backward, Be, Bend
31. What does Backward mean? Behind others in progress or development
32. (adjective) The technology was Backward, but the system worked.
33. Backward - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
34. Backward and forward adv adverb: Describes a verb, adjective, adverb, or clause--for example, "come quickly," "very rare," "happening now," "fall down." (to and fro) avanti e indietro : I've spent the whole day rushing Backwards and forwards
35. Loss.Backward() computes dloss/dx for every parameter x which has requires_grad=True.These are accumulated into x.grad for every parameter x.In pseudo-code: x.grad += dloss/dx optimizer.step updates the value of x using the gradient x.grad.For example, the SGD optimizer performs: x += -lr * x.grad
36. [more Backward; most Backward]: behind others: not as advanced as others in learning or development ( old-fashioned ) He was a Backward pupil who struggled to keep up in school
37. A technologically Backward village that has no running water
38. Backward compatibility (also known as Backwards compatibility) is a property of a system, product, or technology that allows for interoperability with an older legacy system, or with input designed for such a system, especially in telecommunications and computing.
39. Modifying a system in a way that does not allow Backward compatibility is sometimes called "breaking" Backward compatibility.
40. Backward is a big, intense drama in which the many different life stories of a minor-league football team converge to create a collective plot
41. Backward integration is a form of vertical integration in which a company expands its role to fulfill tasks formerly completed by businesses up the supply chain
Backward, By, Businesses
42. Looking for online definition of Backward or what Backward stands for? Backward is listed in the World's largest and most authoritative dictionary database of abbreviations and acronyms The Free Dictionary
43. In their book Understanding by Design, which was originally published in 1998, Grant Wiggins and Jay McTighe introduced us to Backward design, an approach to instructional planning that starts with the end goal, then works Backward from there
Book, By, Backward
44. Backward books, Cole said, do align with the neutral, monochromatic look that is popular now in design
45. Art or nonsense? Backward books trend can be read two ways
Backward, Books, Be
46. How to abbreviate Backward? Get the most popular abbreviation for Backward updated in 2021
47. Backward (adv.) "with the face to the rear, in the direction behind," c
48. Backward walking, like forward walking, is an activity in which one always maintains contact with the ground (unlike running, which has an airborne phase)
49. Backward compatibility: PlayStation®4 games playable on PlayStation®5
50. The PS5™ console is Backward compatible with the overwhelming majority of PS4™ games
51. Introduction to Backward Integration
52. Antonyms for Backward include forward, frontward, front, fore, leading, frontal, frontwards, anterior, beginning and preceding
53. Backward design is a method of designing an educational curriculum by setting goals before choosing instructional methods and forms of assessment.Backward design of curriculum typically involves three stages: Identify the results desired (big ideas and skills) What the …
Backward, By, Before, Big
54. 2.0 out of 5 stars Numbers themselves are Not Backward
55. The fact that the numbers themselves were not Backwards was distracting
56. 106 “Backward” Curriculum Design and Assessment quently, curriculum theory as “Backward” has gained a new foothold in school and classroom practices across the country (McTighe & Thomas, 2003)
57. Gropingly Backward into the past reached the fingers of memory, until at last they seized upon a faint picture, faded and yellow with the passing years
58. Then Kaa would give way limply, and Mowgli, with both quick-moving feet, would try to cramp the purchase of that huge tail as it flung Backward …
59. Another word for Backward: reverse, inverted, inverse, back to front, rearward Collins English Thesaurus
60. Other Backward Class (OBC) is a collective term used by the Government of India to classify castes which are educationally or socially disadvantaged
61. Backward, Christian Soldiers?: An Action Manual for Christian Reconstruction Paperback – June 1, 1984 by Gary North (Author) 4.9 out of 5 stars 4 ratings
62. Forward and Backward Euler Methods
63. 8 hours ago · The Vatican’s Giant Step Backward on Same-Sex Unions
backwards (adverb) · backward (adverb)