1. Synonyms & Antonyms of Backstairs undertaken or done so as to escape being observed or known by others an influential Washington lobbyist who has been involved in a number of Backstairs deals to limit regulation of financial institutions
Backstairs, Being, By, Been
2. You ought to employ a few supple Politiques, accustomed to palace Backstairs. THE WHITE PLUMES OF NAVARRE SAMUEL RUTHERFORD CROCKETT Keep a good heart, even if you have to knock in vain at many doors, and kick about the Backstairs of the house of letters
3. Jan 5, 2020 - Explore Duane Dial's board "Backstairs", followed by 650 people on Pinterest
Board, Backstairs, By
4. Synopsis Backstairs at the White House is a 1979 NBC television miniseries based on the book My Thirty Years Backstairs at the White House by Lillian Rogers Parks
Backstairs, Based, Book, By
5. Backstairs at the White House (TV Mini-Series 1979) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
6. The Backstairs is a beautiful and open event space located above Mount Tabor Brewing Company (take the Backstairs behind the brewery)
Backstairs, Beautiful, Brewing, Behind, Brewery
7. Backstairs definition, associated or originating with household servants: Weak tea and burnt toast evidenced the start of a Backstairs revolt
8. Chen "Backstairs" Yan-Fu (Hanzi: 陳彥甫) is a League of Legends esports personality, currently streamer for J Team
9. Backstairs at the White House is a 1979 NBC television miniseries based on the 1961 book My Thirty Years Backstairs at the White House by Lillian Rogers Parks (with Frances Spatz Leighton).
Backstairs, Based, Book, By
10. Furtively carried on; clandestine: Backstairs gossip.
11. Through Backstairs channels, however, a company spokesperson let it be known that Bechtel rules, and its slogan is "No Fear." The company is said to take justifiable pride in the recent success of its Operation Enduring Iraqi Contract, in which the Bechtel Group triumphed over all competing corporations in a bidding war, the outcome of which
Backstairs, Be, Bechtel, Bidding
12. Backstairs Bombs-Potato Croquettes Stuffed with Our Backstairs Chili
13. ‘Places (we often called them that instead of farms) that I knew about all had either stairs or Backstairs to the servants quarters, so I was quite surprised to see that at Beamish ladders had been the order of the day.’
Backstairs, Beamish, Been
14. It has been said that Hitler was so dependent on this 'deal' that he was 'jobbed into office by Backstairs intrigue'
Been, By, Backstairs
15. Backstairs at the White House works on several levels
16. Hintertreppe (English: Backstairs) is a 1921 silent film
17. Backstairs definition: a secondary staircase in a house, esp one originally for the use of servants Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
18. Backstairs (comparative more Backstairs, superlative most Backstairs)
19. We found 3 answers for the crossword clue Backstairs
20. If you haven't solved the crossword clue Backstairs yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know! (Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g
21. Cosmo's Backstairs Boogaloo sex …
22. Taking the Backstairs Before I knew to choose the music of celebrity I sang backups on the Backstairs, the Backstairs, the Backstairs I wore out grooves sneaking around the servants' quarters, so So I knew my way around the Backstairs There is another West, you'll find out It's nearly thunderous There is another West, much wilder You feel it
Backstairs, Before, Backups
23. My Thirty Years Backstairs at the White House Paperback – Illustrated, March 31, 2008 by Lillian Rogers Parks (Author), Frances Spatz Leighton (Contributor) 4.6 out of 5 stars 95 ratings
24. "Backstairs" is an interesting little film
25. The Biltmore House Backstairs Tour Limited Capacity: 8 Guests per Tour Travel back in time as your guide shares the fascinating stories of the people who worked and …
Biltmore, Backstairs, Back
26. Definition of Backstairs_1 noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
27. Our Backstairs dining room is perfect for private events.
28. ‘The surprise leaks and Backstairs briefings are familiar after six years in government, as is the whiff of intrigue and rivalry between the Prime Minister and the Chancellor.’ ‘The real reason is that she is ashamed of New Labour's Backstairs manoeuvres to starve the nursery nurses back to work.’
Backstairs, Briefings, Between, Back
29. Then, descend the Backstairs to view the butler’s suite and the extensive basement kitchen rooms
Backstairs, Butler, Basement
30. Backstairs definition: a secondary staircase in a house, esp one originally for the use of servants Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
31. Based on the best-selling memoirs of Lillian Rogers Parks, the NBC miniseries Backstairs at the White House traces over five decades of American political history as witnessed from the vantage point of the servants' quarters
Based, Best, Backstairs
32. Backstairs at the whitehouse - Rent Movies and TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray
33. ''Backstairs,'' which became the basis of a nine-part NBC miniseries in 1979, created an immediate sensation when it was published in 1961
Backstairs, Became, Basis
34. Creepin' Up the Backstairs Lyrics: She said "I'm Rosie" / I said "I thought you were Lucy" / She said "No, Rosie, I told you so" / Was here with your sister / But she's going out the back / I want
Backstairs, But, Back
35. In the early 1980s, Amyx claims he saw Backstairs at the White House, a television mini-series adapted from the book My Thirty Years Backstairs at the White House by Lillian Rogers Parks, who had been a housekeeper and seamstress at the White House for thirty years
Backstairs, Book, By, Been
36. Backstairs at the Biltmore House America's largest home opens new doors to guests News
37. Backstairs at the White House (1979-1979) Olivia Cole, Leslie Uggams and Louis Gossett Jr
38. Backstairs Bombs-Potato Croquettes Stuffed with Our Backstairs Chili
39. Definition of Backstairs written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
40. Backstairs - find the meaning and all words formed with Backstairs, anagrams with Backstairs and much more
41. The word Backstairs uses 10 letters: a, a, b, c, i, k, r, s, s, t
42. Backstairs is playable in: Words With Friends 20
backstairs (plural noun) · backstair (noun) · back-stairs (plural noun)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus. Influence from an ignoble source, typically one that is secret. Where did that idea come from? It's like someone has backstairs influence over you all of sudden! Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved. Want to thank TFD for its existence?
secret, underhanded, or scandalous: backstairs gossip. Think you remember last week’s words? Take this quiz on the Words of the Day from April 6–12 to find out! a person who dances professionally, as on the stage. an example of writing or speech consisting of or containing meaningless words. a petty gangster or ruffian.
backstairs - a second staircase at the rear of a building. staircase, stairway - a way of access (upward and downward) consisting of a set of steps. plural, plural form - the form of a word that is used to denote more than one. backstair, furtive.
The figurative use likely arose from the simple notion that the stairs at the rear of a building are less visible and thus allow for a certain degree of sneakiness. By 1663, backstairs was also being used adjectivally to describe something done furtively, often with an underhanded or sinister connotation.