azimuth (noun) · azimuths (plural noun)
1. Azimuth definition is - an arc of the horizon measured between a fixed point (such as true north) and the vertical circle passing through the center of an object usually in astronomy and navigation clockwise from the north point through 360 degrees.
2. Azimuth synonyms, Azimuth pronunciation, Azimuth translation, English dictionary definition of Azimuth
3. Azimuth definition, the arc of the horizon measured clockwise from the south point, in astronomy, or from the north point, in navigation, to the point where a vertical circle through a given heavenly body intersects the horizon
4. An Azimuth is a special kind of geometric angle used chiefly in land navigation
5. No special Azimuth formula is needed, just a map, protractor, pencil and your start and end points.
6. The Azimuth is the angle between North, measured clockwise around the observer's horizon, and a celestial body (sun, moon)
7. For example, a celestial body due North has an Azimuth of 0º, one due East 90º, one due South 180º and one due West 270º.
8. Azimuth produces a range of firearms and defense related items including precision EOD systems, fire control components, sighting systems, submersible housings, hammers, triggers, scopes, mounts, firing pins and much more.
9. Azimuth MACHINERY LTD, is a leading manufacturing of air clutch, clinching presses and mechanical or custom build presses
10. Azimuth is renowned for the quality of its clinching, mechanical, and air clutch presses, its ability to supply custom built presses based on customers'unique specifications, and its outstanding customer and after-sales services.
11. In addition, Azimuth does a great job in rapidly finding qualified candidates and filling our openings.” Anthony, Mechanical Manufacturing Manager “The Reps at Azimuth are always responsive; even if it is a quick message saying 'I received your email and will get back to you'.
12. Azimuth is a web application that uses an annotated reference dataset to automate the processing, analysis, and interpretation of a new single-cell RNA-seq experiment.Azimuth leverages a ‘reference-based mapping’ pipeline that inputs a counts matrix of gene expression in single cells, and performs normalization, visualization, cell annotation, and differential expression (biomarker discovery).
13. The Azimuth Check, a newly updated version of the Global Assessment Tool (GAT), is a confidential self-assessment tool
14. The Azimuth Check is a core component of the new ArmyFit website.
15. The Azimuth can only be fully understood by individuals who seek the avant-garde, the fine line between logic and illogic
16. With Azimuth, you navigate different universes
17. Azimuth Corporation is a group of individuals and teams providing the highest quality of service and expertise
18. Azimuth, in astronomy, gunnery, navigation, and other fields, two coordinates describing the position of an object above Earth
19. Azimuth is the number of degrees clockwise from due north (usually) to…
20. Azimuth (ăz`əməth), in astronomy, one coordinate in the altAzimuth coordinate systemaltAzimuth coordinate system or horizon coordinate system, astronomical coordinate system in which the position of a body on the celestial sphere is described relative to an observer's celestial horizon and zenith
21. “The Azimuth GRC Lineage platform allowed us to scale our compliance management system and drive compliance seamlessly with operations, along with early detection of control gaps
22. Using the Azimuth GRC innovative technology solutions is the key to managing growth and regulatory change.” – Lorrie C., Director, Home Point Financial
23. Strict definition The Azimuth of a point on the celestial sphere is defined as the angular distance measured towards the east, from north, along the astronomical horizon to the intersection of the great circle passing through the point and the astronomical zenith with the astronomical horizon.
24. Azimuth Airline gives you the opportunity to take the flight at affordable prices
25. Azimuth is available from the python package index
26. From the command prompt, type: pip install Azimuth
27. To run our unit tests, navigate to the main Azimuth directory, and then from the command prompt, type.
28. Azimuth definition: the angular distance usually measured clockwise from the north point of the horizon to Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
29. Azimuth refers to the angular distance from the north or south point of the horizon to the vertical circle’s foot through a heavenly body
30. Students can learn more about Azimuth and the way to calculate it here
31. Azimuth is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities, including but not limited to, providing access and accommodations to all individuals who are seeking to use our online application resources.
32. Azimuth Corporation is a federal contractor supporting the scientific research and logistical efforts of the U.S
33. Azimuth refers to the horizontal balance of the cartridge when viewed from the front
34. Azimuth, which is pronounced 'AZ-uh-muhth,' is the name scientists use for the location of a star or other object in the sky
35. To find objects using Azimuth, you need to first be able to locate
36. Azimuth (n.) "arc marking the distance of a star from the north or south point of the meridian," late 14c., from Old French azimut, from Arabic as-sumut "the ways," plural of as-samt "the way, direction" (see zenith).Related: Azimuthal.
37. Azimuth is the angle a line makes with a meridian, measured clockwise from north
38. Thus the Azimuth of due north is 0°, due east is 90°, due south is 180°, and due west is 270°
39. You can instruct several Mapping Toolbox™ functions to compute Azimuths for any pair of point locations, either along rhumb lines or along great circles.
40. The Azimuth (az) angle is the compass bearing, relative to true (geographic) north, of a point on the horizon directly beneath an observed object
41. The Azimuth angle is the compass direction from which the sunlight is coming
42. The Azimuth angle varies throughout the day as shown in the animation below.
43. The Azimuth module provides control over left and right channel gain and delay
44. Azimuth adjustment can help repair stereo imbalances and phase issues that can occur with improper tape head alignment or other speed related issues.
45. Azimuth is a specific type of bearing which measures the direction of an object in relation to true north, in the horizontal plane, clockwise from 0 o to 360 o
46. For example, in terms of Azimuth, due east is 090 o and due west is 270 o
47. Azimuth is measured by use of either a magnetic compass or a gyro compass
48. The Azimuthal angle is an angle measured from the -axis in the -plane in spherical coordinates, denoted in this work.
49. To get its Azimuth, you measure the angle it makes with 0°
50. Azimuth the Planer was a minor character in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
51. Tainted by the corruption of the Pillars, Azimuth was the fifth member of the Circle of Nine to be hunted down by Kain
52. Discovering Avernus in flames - being ravaged by Azimuth's
53. ‘The distance r is independent of the distant galaxy's Azimuth around the axis of displacement.’ ‘The relative aspect is defined as the subject's aspect minus the solar Azimuth.’ ‘They eclipsed the sun and filled the sky to the Azimuth.’
An azimuth (/ ˈ æ z ɪ m ə θ / ; from Arabic اَلسُّمُوت as-sumūt, 'the directions', the plural form of the Arabic noun السَّمْت as-samt, meaning 'the direction') is an angular measurement in a spherical coordinate system.
As nouns the difference between azimuth and zenith is that azimuth is an arc of the horizon intercepted between the meridian of the place and a vertical circle passing through the center of any object; as, the azimuth of a star; the azimuth or bearing of a line surveying while zenith is (astronomy) the point in the sky vertically above a given position or observer; the point in the celestial sphere opposite the nadir.
Azimuth is the direction of an object in the sky, measured in degrees, while altitude is the height of an object above the horizon. Because of the Earth’s rotation, the azimuth and altitude both change over time as the stars appear to move across the night sky.
Calculate azimuths. For an object west of the North Star, the azimuth is 360 degrees minus the distance measured. Use the following formula to calculate azimuths to the west: Z = 360 - d, where "Z" is the azimuth you want to find, and "d" is the distance (in degrees) from due north. For example, if you measure a star to be 70 degrees from due north,...