See also: Awry
1. Awry definition is - off the correct or expected course : amiss
2. Awry definition, with a turn or twist to one side; askew: to glance or look Awry
3. Wrong, amiss a plan that had gone Awry 2
4. Askew, to one side, off course, out of line, obliquely, unevenly, off-centre, cockeyed (informal), out of true, crookedly, skew-whiff (informal) He was concerned that his hair might go Awry.
5. Anything that goes Awry (= goes wrong) in the office is blamed on Pete
6. The strike has sent the plans for investment seriously Awry. in the wrong position: She rushed in, her face red and sweaty and her hat …
7. 23 synonyms of Awry from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 17 related words, definitions, and antonyms
Awry, And, Antonyms
8. Awry: inclined or twisted to one side.
9. People leading up to 1800 legitimately feared something was going Awry with the Democratic system and that the country was at risk of backsliding into monarchy
Awry, And, At
10. Wry means "twisted"—so going Awry means getting "twisted up." Awry is similar to askew, which means "off, out of line," though when you compare the roots skew "turned at an angle" and wry "twisted" you see the subtle difference between the two words.
Awry, Askew, At, An, Angle, And
11. Definition of Awry away from the appropriate, planned, or expected course Examples of Awry in a sentence After we hit the deer, our road trip seemed to go Awry and off course
Awry, Away, Appropriate, After, And
12. Awry (comparative more Awry, superlative most Awry)
13. Synonyms for Awry include amiss, flawed, wrong, astray, faulty, foul, adrift, haywire, unseemly and up
Awry, Amiss, Astray, Adrift, And
14. Awry 'Awry' is a 4 letter word starting with A and ending with Y Crossword clues for 'Awry'
15. What does Awry mean? In a position that is turned or twisted toward one side; askew
16. Awry Meaning: "crooked, askew, turned or twisted to one side," from a- (1) "on" + wry (adj.)
Awry, Askew, Adj
17. Awry is not a word in itself but a modification of the work wry, much like asleep is a modification of the word sleep
18. As such, Awry retains the pronunciation of the root word with a long a put in front of it
19. ‘Hair of an unruly curling black hung Awry upon her crooked shoulders and cascaded to the waist.’ ‘Her hair was badly done, her skirts were Awry, her hands were red.’ ‘But King George's smile was a bit Awry tonight.’ ‘The editor came from the inner office, a straw hat Awry on his brow.’
An, Awry, And
20. Awry adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." figurative (wrong, amiss) qualcosa che non va : The detective immediately knew that something was Awry
Awry, Adj, Adjective, An, Amiss
21. See 3 authoritative translations of Awry in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
Awry, And, Audio,
22. Awry From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Awry a‧wry / əˈraɪ / adjective 1 → go Awry 2 WRONG/INCORRECT not in the correct position He rushed out, hat Awry
23. Definition of Awry written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
Awry, Audio, And
24. Awry - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
25. If something goes Awry, it does not happen in the way that was planned All my plans for the party had gone Awry
26. All her carefully laid plans had gone Awry
27. Adjective [verb-link ADJECTIVE] If something goes Awry, it does not happen in the way it was planned
28. She was in a fury over a plan that had gone Awry.
29. Definition of Awry in the Definitions.net dictionary
30. What does Awry mean? Information and translations of Awry in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
31. Usually pronounced "Uh-rye", it ought to be pronounced "Or-wree", which listeners will find quite Awry
32. "Measure every tenth one to make sure things aren't going Awry"
33. There is the potential for preparing fish in a spice tea mix to go Awry, but the first flake of perfectly poached salmon was a revelation.: Of course, when things go Awry we always single out and punish somebody, usually the coach.: Things go Awry when, during a carefully orchestrated operation to free one of their imprisoned mates, a guard is killed
Awry, Always, And
34. Synonyms for Awry in Free Thesaurus
35. 45 synonyms for Awry: wrong, amiss, askew, to one side, off course, out of line, obliquely, unevenly, off-centre, cockeyed, out of true, crookedly, skew-whiff
Awry, Amiss, Askew
36. ‘Hair of an unruly curling black hung Awry upon her crooked shoulders and cascaded to the waist.’ ‘Her hair was badly done, her skirts were Awry, her hands were red.’ ‘But King George's smile was a bit Awry tonight.’ ‘The editor came from the inner office, a straw hat Awry on his brow.’
An, Awry, And
37. Awry Aside from the line of truth, or right reason; unreasonable or unreasonably; perverse or perversely
38. "Or by her charms Draws him Awry , enslaved." "Nothing more Awry from the law of God and nature than that a woman should give laws to men." Awry Turned or twisted toward one side; not in a straight or true direction, or position; out of the right course; distorted; obliquely; asquint; with
Awry, And, Asquint
39. Definition of Awry (adjective): not in correct position
40. Definition and synonyms of Awry from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
41. This is the British English definition of Awry.View American English definition of Awry.
42. Go Awry (third-person singular simple present goes Awry, present participle going Awry, simple past went Awry, past participle gone Awry) (intransitive) to become twisted, or turned to one side (intransitive) to depart from the correct course; Of a situation, to fall apart or unravel; to fall into disorder; to hit the fan
43. Find 16 ways to say Awry, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Awry, Along, Antonyms, And, At
44. Definition of Awry away from the appropriate, planned, or expected course Examples of Awry in a sentence After we hit the deer, our road trip seemed to go Awry and off course
Awry, Away, Appropriate, After, And
45. Awry may be used as an adjective or an adverb
Awry, As, An, Adjective, Adverb
46. But Benin has also seen things go Awry
47. Awry: Away from the correct course; amiss
Awry, Away, Amiss
48. Bilby commented on the word Awry "Widespread opposition to and unhappiness with the war (and its expense) has long fueled a broader feeling that the U.S
49. How to say Awry in English? Pronunciation of Awry with 2 audio pronunciations, 14 synonyms, 1 meaning, 13 translations, 5 sentences and more for Awry.
Awry, Audio, And
50. Another word for Awry: askew, to one side, off course, out of line, obliquely Collins English Thesaurus
Another, Awry, Askew
51. Go Awry From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English go Awry go Awry FAIL if something goes Awry , it does not happen in the way that was planned My carefully laid plans had already gone Awry