1. English Language Learners Definition of Avoid
2. : to stay away from (someone or something) : to prevent the occurrence of (something bad, unpleasant, etc.) : to keep yourself from doing (something) or participating in (something) See the full definition for Avoid …
3. Some common synonyms of Avoid are elude, escape, eschew, evade, and shun
Avoid, Are, And
4. While all these words mean "to get away or keep away from something," Avoid stresses forethought and caution in keeping clear of danger or difficulty
All, Away, Avoid, And
5. Try to Avoid past errors When might elude be a better fit than Avoid?
6. Avoid definition, to keep away from; keep clear of; shun: to Avoid a person; to Avoid taxes; to Avoid danger
7. Avoid means to succeed in keeping away from a dangerous or undesirable experience
8. In law, to Avoid means to make void or of no effect; to invalidate
9. Tax Avoidance, for example, could be legitimate, while tax evasion implies nonpayment of taxes, as through the failure to report taxable income.]
10. Avoiding things is an integral part of life, and knowing different ways to say "Avoid" can only benefit us as a species.
Avoiding, An, And, Avoid, As
11. To prevent something from happening or to not allow yourself to do something: [ + -ing verb ] I try to Avoid go ing shopping on Saturdays
12. The report studiously Avoided any mention of the controversial plan
13. Synonyms for Avoid in Free Thesaurus
14. 69 synonyms for Avoid: prevent, stop, frustrate, hamper, foil, inhibit, head off, avert, thwart, intercept
15. The Crossword Solver found 200 answers to the Avoid crossword clue
16. Exploding out of Seattle, WA, hotly-tipped hard rock five-piece Avoid have been rapidly making a name for themselves thanks to their electrifying live show and an unabashed experimental approach to their music
Avoid, And, An, Approach
17. Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces
18. Avoid indoor spaces that do not offer fresh air from the outdoors as much as possible
Avoid, Air, As
19. To Avoid providing a clear answer or statement
20. The definition of Avoid is to keep something from coming near you, affecting you, or from happening to you
21. Avoid, escape mean to come through a potentially harmful or unpleasant experience, without suffering serious consequences.
22. Word family (noun) Avoidance (adjective) Avoidable ≠ unAvoidable (verb) Avoid (adverb) unAvoidably From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English a‧void /əˈvɔɪd/ ●●● S2 W1 verb [ transitive] 1 to prevent something bad from happening Road safety is taught to young children to Avoid road accidents.
Avoidance, Adjective, Avoidable, Avoid, Adverb, Accidents
23. Definition of Avoid in the Definitions.net dictionary
24. What does Avoid mean? Information and translations of Avoid in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
25. Avoid 'Avoid' is a 5 letter word starting with A and ending with D Crossword clues for 'Avoid' Clue Answer; Stay clear of (5) Avoid: Fail to hit (5) Dictionary usage advisory (5) Stay away from (5) Keep one's distance from (5) Sidestep (5) Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Avoid
Avoid, And, Answer, Advisory, Away, Answers
26. Avoid is out now.http://lilpeep.lnk.to/Avoid“Come Over When You're Sober (Pt
27. Late 14c., "shun (someone), refrain from (something), have nothing to do with (an action, a scandal, etc.), escape, evade," from Anglo-French Avoider "to clear out, withdraw (oneself)," partially Englished from Old French esvuidier "to empty out," from es- "out" (see ex-) + vuidier "to be empty," from voide "empty, vast, wide, hollow, waste," from Latin vocivos "unoccupied, vacant," related to vacare "be empty," from PIE …
An, Action, Anglo, Avoider
28. " We generally Avoid junk food
29. " (generally, mostly, usually, normally) Used with verbs: " I wish to Avoid too much work
30. " (wish, want, prefer) " She will attempt to Avoid sleeping too long
31. " (attempt to, try to) " Exercise helps us to Avoid getting sick
32. " (helps) " The car stopped to Avoid the bicycle
33. Verb If you Avoid something unpleasant that might happen, you take action in order to prevent it from happening
34. The pilots had to take emergency action to Avoid a disaster.
35. If you Avoid drinking coffee right before bed because it tends to keep you awake and makes you jittery, that means that you stay away from coffee at night.
Avoid, Awake, And, Away, At
36. Avoid shady seats and sleeping until dawn in the harvest season, when the sun scorches the body
37. Such a sailing is snatched, and you will hardly Avoid mischief.
38. Avoid (someone or something) like the plague To consciously stay away from someone or something
39. I didn't do my homework my last night, so I'm Avoiding my teacher like the plague
40. My dog is terrified of cats and Avoids them like the plague.
41. Avoid the ford on which your friend was drowned
42. Guerrillas Avoid fighting set-piece battles
43. He tends to Avoid all physical contact
44. The submarine submerged to Avoid enemy ships
45. Avoid Dying is an archery game where you must use your aiming skills to hit the target with an arrow
Avoid, An, Archery, Aiming, Arrow
46. This is a reference page for Avoid verb forms in present, past and participle tenses
47. Avoid something to Avoid conflict/confrontation; We must find a way to Avoid similar problems in future
48. The name was changed to Avoid confusion with another firm
49. The accident could have been Avoided
50. Efforts are being made to Avoid war at all costs
Are, Avoid, At, All
51. Avoid doing something They built a wall to Avoid soil being
52. “Avoid” is a single from late artist Lil Peep
53. Read on to learn about the cars you should Avoid buying, if you’re looking at used vehicles
About, Avoid, At
54. Avoid sugar-sweetened beverages, such as soft drinks or soda, energy drinks, and sports drinks
Avoid, As, And
55. Avoidance: [ ah-void´ans ] a conscious or unconscious defense mechanism consisting of refusal to encounter situations, activities, or objects that would produce conflict.
Avoidance, Ah, Ans, Activities
56. Avoid singing or shouting, especially indoors
57. Tips to Avoid getting and spreading COVID-19 in common travel situations: In public:
58. “How to Avoid a Climate Disaster presents ideas with the methodical approach of a college textbook
59. Avoid and report Microsoft technical support scams
60. Avoid these high-sodium surprises
61. Definition and synonyms of Avoid from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
62. This is the British English definition of Avoid.View American English definition of Avoid.
63. Avoid responding to calls, texts or e-mails
64. Silence will maintain a clean slate of communication and is an absolute way to Avoid unwanted interaction.
And, An, Absolute, Avoid
English Language Learners Definition of avoid. : to stay away from (someone or something) : to prevent the occurrence of (something bad, unpleasant, etc.) : to keep yourself from doing (something) or participating in (something)
Some common synonyms of avoid are elude, escape, eschew, evade, and shun. While all these words mean "to get away or keep away from something," avoid stresses forethought and caution in keeping clear of danger or difficulty. try to avoid past errors When might elude be a better fit than avoid?
What is another word for avoid doing? avoid doing. Verb. Stop oneself from doing something. refrain. abstain. avoid. desist. eschew.
avoid(v. a.) Synonyms: SHUN, or denoting care only without positive exertion), eschew, escape, blink, elude, keep away from, keep aloof from, keep out of the way of, withdraw from, keep clear of, be shy of, fight shy of, have nothing to do with. avoid(v. a.) Synonyms: forbear, help, refrain from.