1. Avaricious definition is - greedy of gain : excessively acquisitive especially in seeking to hoard riches
2. How to use Avaricious in a sentence
3. Synonym Discussion of Avaricious.
4. Avaricious synonyms, Avaricious pronunciation, Avaricious translation, English dictionary definition of Avaricious
5. Avaricious, covetous, greedy, rapacious share the sense of desiring to possess more of something than one already has or might in normal circumstances be entitled to.
6. How does the adjective Avaricious differ from other similar words? Some common synonyms of Avaricious are acquisitive, covetous, grasping, and greedy
7. While all these words mean "having or showing a strong desire for especially material possessions," Avaricious implies obsessive acquisitiveness especially of money and strongly suggests stinginess.
8. Showing an extremely strong wish to get or keep money or possessions: The idea is to shift the bad debts of the Avaricious and the greedy onto the shoulders of middle-class people
9. She turned out to be a crafty and Avaricious …
10. Someone who is Avaricious is greedy or grasping, concerned with gaining wealth
11. The suggestion is that an Avaricious person will do anything to achieve material gain, and it is, in general, not a pleasant attribute
12. The Latin verb avēre, meaning "to crave" provides the groundwork for the word Avaricious and its definition as "greedy or covetous."
13. The definition of Avaricious is greedy and money-hungry
14. An example or Avaricious is someone who charges his friends extra money when paying for a meal.
15. Though good and worthy in his way, the old man was Avaricious, and possessed an enormous amount of family pride
16. THE WORLD BEFORE THEM SUSANNA MOODIE Strictly reared by a mother gentle and devout, and by a father hard and Avaricious. REPERTORY OF THE COMEDIE HUMAINE, COMPLETE, A -- Z ANATOLE CERFBERR AND JULES FRANOIS CHRISTOPHE
17. The state or quality of being Avaricious.
18. Avaricious (adj.) late 14c., "miserly, stingy;" early 15c., "greedy, covetous," from Old French avaricios "greedy, covetous" (Modern French avaricieux), from avarice "greed" (see avarice). An Old English word for it was feoh-georn.
19. ‘Though Avaricious capitalists are easy and popular targets for derision, this tale is decidedly more quirky and original than cliché.’ ‘I am an Avaricious devourer of tedious reports.’ ‘I believe that those who went on the rampage were essentially deceitful, Avaricious, and prone to anger, hate, and violence.’
20. She had gained a reputation as an Avaricious woman
21. (Translation of Avaricious from the PASSWORD English–Norwegian Dictionary © 2014 K Dictionaries Ltd)
22. An ambitious Air Force commandant, oil-rich Saudis, fearful Israelis, CIA operatives and an Egyptian government, corrupt and Avaricious from top to bottom, together fuel the rage and deceit that eventually became the Arab Spring.
23. The Crossword Solver found 30 answers to the Avaricious (6) crossword clue
24. An Avaricious person is very greedy for money or possessions.
25. Another way to say Avaricious? Synonyms for Avaricious (other words and phrases for Avaricious).
26. Listen to music by Avaricious on Apple Music
27. Find top songs and albums by Avaricious including Different and Saturdaze Love.
28. Avaricious, covetous, greedy, rapacious share the sense of desiring to possess more of something than one already has or might in normal circumstances be entitled to.
29. Men hate the individual whom they call Avaricious only because there is nothing to be gained by him.
30. He is often called Avaricious, because, like Frau von Sigmundskron, he is often very, very poor; but he has never been called a coward, nor a traitor, by any man, or class of men, who knew him.
31. Definition of Avaricious in the Definitions.net dictionary
32. What does Avaricious mean? Information and translations of Avaricious in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
33. Examples of Avaricious in a sentence
34. Since Tiffany was an Avaricious reader, her reading level was at 12th grade level even though she was still in 4th grade
35. 🔊 Even though the king had all the riches in his kingdom, this Avaricious …
36. Definition of Avaricious adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
37. Avaricious - find the meaning, anagrams and hook words with Avaricious and much more
38. The word Avaricious uses 10 letters: a, a, c, i, i, o, r, s, u, v
39. Avaricious is playable in: Words With Friends 18
40. Avaricious synonyms, Avaricious pronunciation, Avaricious translation, English dictionary definition of Avaricious
41. Avaricious definition: An Avaricious person is very greedy for money or possessions
42. Though good and worthy in his way, the old man was Avaricious, and possessed an enormous amount of family pride
43. THE WORLD BEFORE THEM SUSANNA MOODIE Strictly reared by a mother gentle and devout, and by a father hard and Avaricious
44. Avaricious farmers hunted him with shot-guns
45. (White Fang, by Jack London) He was not mean, nor Avaricious, but the money meant more than so many dollars and cents
46. (Martin Eden, by Jack London) How I had a grasping, Avaricious wish to shut out everybody from her but myself, and to be all in all to her, at that unseasonable time of all times.
47. Synonyms (Other Words) for Avaricious & Antonyms (Opposite Meaning) for Avaricious.
48. Antonyms for Avaricious include generous, munificent, liberal, unstinting, bounteous, bountiful, charitable, unsparing, openhanded and freehanded
49. We found 5 answers for “Avaricious”
50. This page shows answers to the clue Avaricious, followed by 4 definitions like “Actuated by avarice”, “Characterized by avarice” and “Characterized by avarice”.A synonym for Avaricious is niggardly.
51. Avaricious translation in English-Serbian dictionary
52. Avaricious Dragon from Magic Origins for magic
53. See 2 authoritative translations of Avaricious in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
54. Avaricious Urdu Meaning - Find the correct meaning of Avaricious in Urdu, it is important to understand the word properly when we translate it from English to Urdu
55. There are always several meanings of each word in Urdu, the correct meaning of Avaricious in Urdu is طامع, and in roman we write it Tamia.
56. Be Avaricious in Arabic - Translation of be Avaricious to Arabic by Britannica English, the leading Free online English Arabic translation, with sentences translation, audio pronunciation, inflections, example sentences, synonyms, Arabic punctuation, word games, personal word lists and more
57. High quality Avaricious gifts and merchandise
58. Avarice & The Avaricious book
59. Avaricious Lex Luthoris the result of Lex Luthor being exposed to the citrine mist during the events of theWar of the Light Part IIDLC
60. 1 Involvement 1.1 Heroes 1.2 Villains 2 Gallery 3 Trivia Avaricious Lex Luthor is among theOrange Lantern Corpsforces attackingOain theAvarice Impurity operation
61. Add a photo to this gallery Avaricious Lex Luthor is one of the 24 iconic characters infected
62. Avaricious (MiniAlbum) 2 versions : Strongly Opposed Records: 002: Switzerland: 1999: Sell This Version: 2 versions : 1 – 1 of 1
63. Avaricious Cheetahis the result of Barbara Ann Minerva, aliasCheetah, being exposed to the citrine mist during the events of theWar of the Light Part IIDLC
64. 1 Involvement 1.1 Heroes 2 Gallery 3 Trivia Avaricious Cheetah is among theOrange Lantern Corpsforces attackingOain theSpark of Ionduo
65. Add a photo to this gallery Avaricious Cheetah is one of the 24 iconic characters infected with the
66. Avaricious - WordReference thesaurus: synonyms, discussion and more
67. Translate Avaricious into Spanish
68. Find words for Avaricious in Spanish in this Spanish-English dictionary
69. Traducir Avaricious de Inglés a español.
Avaricious definition is - greedy of gain : excessively acquisitive especially in seeking to hoard riches. How to use avaricious in a sentence. Synonym Discussion of avaricious.
Choose the Right Synonym for avaricious. covetous, greedy, acquisitive, grasping, avaricious mean having or showing a strong desire for especially material possessions. covetous implies inordinate desire often for another's possessions.
Use avaricious in a sentence. adjective. The definition of avaricious is greedy and money-hungry. An example or avaricious is someone who charges his friends extra money when paying for a meal.
av`a•ri′cious•ly, adv. av`a•ri′cious•ness, n. syn: avaricious, covetous, greedy suggest a desire to possess more of something than one needs or is entitled to. avaricious often implies a pathological greed for money or other valuables and usu.