authoritarian (noun) · authoritarians (plural noun)
1. 2 : of, relating to, or favoring a concentration of power in a leader or an elite not constitutionally responsible to the people an Authoritarian regime Other Words from Authoritarian Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about Authoritarian …
2. Adjective favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: Authoritarian principles; Authoritarian attitudes.
3. Authoritarianism is a form of government characterized by the rejection of political plurality, the use of a strong central power to preserve the political status quo, and reductions in the rule of law, separation of powers, and democratic voting
4. Political scientists have created many typologies describing variations of Authoritarian forms of government.
5. Characterized by or favoring absolute obedience to authority, as against individual freedom: an Authoritarian regime
6. In government, Authoritarianism denotes any political system that concentrates power in the hands of a leader or a small elite that is not constitutionally responsible to the body of the people.
7. The central truth about an Authoritarian is that he or she is coming from a place of hatred
8. An Authoritarian state is characterized by a strong central government that allows people a limited degree of political freedom
9. Authoritarian people cast a long, menacing shadow over our lives
10. Authoritarianism was a relic of the past
11. Much of the early handwringing focused on whether the United States could ever transition from a democratic republic to an Authoritarian regime
12. It downplayed the degree to which Authoritarianism
13. Authoritarianism is a system of leadership whereby the leader has absolute and Authoritarian power and implements his or her objectives without seeking advice and counsel from such a leader’s followers or subjects
14. Updating Authoritarian Nightmare
15. Bob Altemeyer October 8, 2020 We finished editing the text of Authoritarian Nightmare (“AN”) on June 26, 2020 and sent the manuscript off to the typesetter.Since then four books about President Trump have shot to the top of the bestsellers lists that provide information unavailable when I tried to develop a psychological understanding of the man: Mary L
16. Examples of Authoritarian leaders include Benito Mussolini, Adolf Hitler, Kim Jong-un, and Richard Nixon
17. In Indonesia, the Soeharto regime was also considered Authoritarian
18. Characteristics of Authoritarian leadership
19. The following are characteristics of Authoritarian leadership: The leader’s vision is the best for the organization.
20. Defining an Authoritarian Personality
21. Authoritarianism derives from believing in a static, unwavering set of rules about power and control
22. Authoritarian is defined as something or someone who has complete or almost complete control over one or more people
23. A government who is more concerned with having people obey laws than in people having some freedom is an example of an Authoritarian government.
24. Authoritarian and authoritative parenting are two of the four famous Baumrind parenting styles
25. What is the Authoritarian parenting definition?
26. / əˌθɔːr.əˈter.i.ən / someone who demands that people obey completely and refuses to allow them freedom to act as they wish: My father was a real Authoritarian so we were brought up very strictly
27. Authoritarian - a person who behaves in a tyrannical manner; "my boss is a dictator who makes everyone work overtime" dictator
28. Big Brother - an Authoritarian leader and invader of privacy
29. Authoritarian: 1 adj characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute sovereignty “an Authoritarian regime” Synonyms: autocratic , despotic , dictatorial , tyrannic , tyrannical undemocratic not in agreement with or according to democratic doctrine or practice or ideals adj expecting unquestioning obedience “the timid
30. Autocratic leadership, also known as Authoritarian leadership, is a leadership style characterized by individual control over all decisions and little input from group members
31. Authoritarian parenting is a parenting style characterized by high demands and low responsiveness
32. Parents with an Authoritarian style have very high expectations of their children, yet provide very little in the way of feedback and nurturing
33. An Authoritarian parent might respond by demanding that they sit at the table until their plate is clean
34. Authoritarian Followers: People who are submissive, fearful, and longing for a mighty leader who will protect them from life's threats
35. Find 29 ways to say Authoritarian, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
36. Validation of beliefs, prejudices, and Authoritarianism all play a part in the psychology of Right Wing Authoritarians that score high on the test
37. ‘In an Authoritarian state, those in power set the limit of freedom.’ ‘Leaders of churches, for example, may be reluctant to advocate restrictive legislation because they are seen to represent Authoritarian institutions.’ ‘But the imposition of Authoritarian control and discipline creates exactly the …
38. Authoritarian Personality Definition The Authoritarian personality describes a type of person who prefers a social system with a strong ruler— the Authoritarian person is comfortable being the strong ruler but if the individual is not the strong ruler then he or she will demonstrate complete obedience to another strong authority figure
39. Authoritarian leadership can also be present in situations where there is a “power clique” in which clique members see themselves as having a higher status than others and believe they must give orders to get things done
40. When an urgent decision needs to be made, it is often most effective to use a dictatorial (Authoritarian) leadership style.
41. ‘In an Authoritarian state, those in power set the limit of freedom.’ ‘Leaders of churches, for example, may be reluctant to advocate restrictive legislation because they are seen to represent Authoritarian institutions.’ ‘But the imposition of Authoritarian control and discipline creates exactly the …
42. The results of this research were published in 1950 in The Authoritarian Personality
43. Probably the most well know is the University of Manitoba’s Bob Altemeyer studies on "right-wing Authoritarianism"
44. Authoritarian parenting places a strong emphasis on safety—both emotional and physical—which minimizes the types of risky behavior a child may engage in
45. Authoritarian leadership is a leadership style in which the leader dictates and controls all decisions in the group and task
46. Often referred to as Autocratic leadership, Authoritarian leadership is about control, organisation and discipline and while it still has a place in the leader’s toolbox, it was regarded as the most prominent style almost one hundred years ago.
47. Authoritarian definition: If you describe a person or an organization as Authoritarian , you are critical of them Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
48. Anxiety: Authoritarian parents often end up being angry, frustrated and loud when the child does not do the things in the way they (the parents) want or when the child does not follow the rules
49. There are several adverse effects of Authoritarian parenting but there are a few positive ones too.
50. 24 synonyms of Authoritarian from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 86 related words, definitions, and antonyms
51. Find another word for Authoritarian
52. Authoritarian: fond of ordering people around
53. Authoritarian (plural Authoritarians) One who commands absolute obedience to his or her authority
54. The dictator was an Authoritarian
55. 2006, Robert Altemeyer, The Authoritarians; Translations
56. The prospect of an Authoritarian government under Biden is not a nebulous accusation, but a concrete extrapolation based on his record and his current positions and policies.
57. While Authoritarian leaders may be exceptionally productive, some may also cause major harm
58. The Kim family of North Korea is an extreme case of Authoritarian leadership.
59. Authoritarian parenting is the strictest style of parenting
60. Authoritarian constitutionalism as “accept[ing] structures of governance that contain most of the features of constitutional democracy with the noteworthy exception of (parliamentary) democracy itself”); Turkuler Isiksel, Betweern Text and Context: Turkey’s Traditiona of
61. Authoritarian parenting is one of three styles of parenting (Authoritarian, authoritative, permissive) identified by psychologist Diana Baumrind in a 1967 study of parenting techniques
62. Mexico ’ s Authoritarian system prior to the reforms of the 1990s and 2000s is an example of a party Authoritarian system
63. Bureaucratic Authoritarian systems are run by the military but rely heavily on experts in the fields of economics and other policy areas, often allowing them significant autonomy to set and oversee government policy.
64. The worst Authoritarian parenting examples include parents who yell, swear, spank, or use fear over love in their parenting
65. I'd heard about Authoritarian parenting but wondered what some Authoritarian parenting examples and long-term effects might be.
66. Authoritarian Conservatism (AuthCon) is an Authoritarian, culturally conservative and economically center-right to far-right ideology inhabiting the top middle of the authright quadrant
67. Chaoyi He notes the use of Authoritarian parenting in Asian cultures where there is a belief among many that tough love leads to success
68. She quotes You and Malley-Morrison (2000): Many Chinese proverbs and sayings demonstrate the firm belief in strict, Authoritarian style parenting.
69. The Guru Papers demonstrates with uncompromising clarity that Authoritarian control, which once held societies together, is now at the core of personal, social, and planetary problems, and thus a key factor in social disintegration
70. It illustrates how Authoritarianism is embedded in the way people think, hiding in culture, values, daily life, and in the very morality people try to live by.
Definition of authoritarian. 1 : of, relating to, or favoring blind submission to authority had authoritarian parents. 2 : of, relating to, or favoring a concentration of power in a leader or an elite not constitutionally responsible to the people an authoritarian regime.
Authoritarians are necessary to control the media to protect and prevent the people from the national threats through any form communication (information or news). The press is an instrument to enhance the ruler's power in the country rather than any threats.
As nouns the difference between authoritarian and dictatorship is that authoritarian is one who commands absolute obedience to his or her authority while dictatorship is a type of government where absolute sovereignty is allotted to an individual or a small clique. As an adjective authoritarian is of, or relating to, absolute obedience to an authority.
Some examples of authoritarian systems are: