autarky (noun) · autarchy (noun) · autarkies (plural noun) · autarchies (plural noun)
See also: Autarky
1. Autarky definition is - self-sufficiency, independence; specifically : national economic self-sufficiency and independence.
2. Autarky synonyms, Autarky pronunciation, Autarky translation, English dictionary definition of Autarky
3. Autarky and the Autarkic Price
4. A related term, Autarky price or autarkic price, refers to the cost of a good in an autarkic state
5. Autarky, an economic system of self-sufficiency and limited trade
6. A country is said to be in a complete state of Autarky if it has a closed economy, which means that it does not engage in international trade with any other country
7. Historically, societies have utilized different levels of Autarky.
8. Autarky is a condition of being self-sufficient in which a country survives without engaging in any international trade
9. Autarky is not only about an economic occurrence, it can also apply if an entity that function without any external assistance, for example, military Autarky is when soldiers defend their country with no outside help.
10. Autarky is a marine-quality four wheel drive Class B motor-home, conceived, designed, and proudly custom-built in the harsh environs of Nevada, USA
11. Autarky RVs are constructed to withstand tough weather and rough roads, yet are quite comfortable at highway speed on pavement as well.
12. Autarky, meaning ‘self-sufficient’, offers active working dogs a dietary option that they would naturally choose if they were left to their own devices
13. With no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives and the inclusion of added botanicals, Autarky boasts 100% natural goodness, so you can trust Autarky to keep your dog healthy and energetic no matter what stage of life they are in.
14. Autarky's first manufacturing facility opened in Charlwood in 1973 and we haven't
15. Expanding into our current factory in East Grinstead and manufacturing various special purpose equipment, conveyors to injection machines - Autarky have a track record of designing and manufacturing
16. Conveyors Handling Robotics Integration - Autarky Automation design, manufacture, automate and support production & distribution handling systems [email protected]Autarky.com +44 (0) 1342 311388
17. Definition of Autarky in the Definitions.net dictionary
18. Information and translations of Autarky in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
19. The Blue Diversion Autarky toilet is a sanitation system which provides hygiene and comfort without relying on water and wastewater infrastructure
20. The Blue Diversion Autarky toilet recycles water for hand washing and flushing, recovers nutrients for
21. Autarky, also known as closed economy, is an economic system which does not involve itself in international trade as it has achieved a certain level of self-sufficiency and therefore does not require the benefits of international exchange of goods and services
22. Autarky works by traversing all the child directories recursively relative to the current working directory (the place where you are executing Autarky)
23. Most people chose this as the best definition of Autarky: A policy of national self See the dictionary meaning, pronunciation, and sentence examples.
24. Then the classical economists pointed out that living in Autarky is not very productive.: He has tried to retreat into national economic Autarky, with disastrous results.: The unity they desired was one based upon conquest, political subordination, and economic Autarky.: Trotsky fought for a faster tempo of industrial growth in order to counter this pressure, while at the same time he rejected
25. Autarkic definition is - of, relating to, or marked by Autarky
26. An Autarky is a country that is completely self-sufficient
27. An Autarky would manage fine if it were completely isolated
28. A trade embargo or natural phenomenon that cut it off from the rest of the world would not affect an Autarky…
29. ‘The push to restrict people's opportunities to buy and sell based on region is an attempt to bring about what economists call Autarky, or economic self-sufficiency.’ ‘Franco imposed a policy of economic self-sufficiency or Autarky.’ ‘The unity they desired was one based upon conquest, political subordination, and economic Autarky.’
30. ‘The push to restrict people's opportunities to buy and sell based on region is an attempt to bring about what economists call Autarky, or economic self-sufficiency.’ ‘Franco imposed a policy of economic self-sufficiency or Autarky.’ ‘The unity they desired was one based upon conquest, political subordination, and economic Autarky.’
31. Hitler strived to achieve Autarky (self-sufficiency) during his leadership to benefit and prepare Germany for a time of war
32. Autarky means that agents rely only on their own resources, including their own production possibilities, and do not trade with other agents at all
33. Accordingly, for each i ∈ N, say that X i ∩ Y i is agent i ’ s Autarky consumption set.We assume throughout this section that each X i ∩ Y i is nonempty and bounded, and also that agents' preferences are continuous.
34. Autarky is rare in the modern world, but some examples include Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge and India prior to 1991
35. Most analysts see Autarky as economically inefficient , though some governments pursue the policy to encourage local industry or more rarely to keep their people from perceived threatening influences.
36. Autarky is economic self-sufficiency
37. Autarky also opens the door, for people concerned about “the swamp,” to special interests, because every interest group will come up with a justification as to why it needs special protection
38. Autarky definition: (esp of a political unit) a system or policy of economic self-sufficiency aimed at Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
39. A possible example of a current Autarky is North Korea
40. Autarky is economic independence or self sufficiency, and should not be confused with autarchy, a separate political concept
41. Historically, some nations have exhibited Autarky, but today, it is extremely rare
42. There are a number of disadvantages to an entirely closed economy which force most nations to abandon attempts at Autarky.
43. In today's free trade-dominated world, do examples of Autarky and closed economies even exist anymore?Well, kind of but not really!The only country that come
44. Http://www.theaudiopedia.com What is Autarky? What does Autarky mean? Autarky meaning, definition & explanation.Autarky is the quality of being se
45. Autarky used to be a bad word in international economics
46. Autarky is an economic policy to have a closed economy and not allow any external trade
47. In practice, a policy of Autarky may refer to attempts to reduce a country’s dependence on external trade
48. Diagram for Autarky equilibrium: Slope of PPF: The slope of PPF represents the opportunity cost of moving from one combination of goods to another combination of goods
49. Autarky (n.) 1610s, "self-sufficiency," from Greek autarkeia "sufficiency in oneself, independence," from autarkes "self-sufficient, having enough, independent of others" (also used of countries), from autos "self" (see auto-) + arkein "to ward off, keep off," also "to be strong enough, sufficient" (see archon).From a different Greek source than autarchy, and thus the distinct spelling.
50. General Autarky has been a policy of impoverishment rather than enrichment, and even the case for narrow Autarky for critical materials and products isn’t as strong as it might first seem.
51. This is the hurdle that medical supply Autarky has to clear
52. Nevertheless, it should seriously temper the excitement of even the most enthusiastic proponent of Autarky.
53. Autarky offers a range of hypoallergenic and grain-free diets, designed for hardworking and active dogs.
54. The age of Autarky is again upon us
55. Autarky is the policy of domestic economic central planning
56. In a section on "Autarky" in Part II, Chapter III, Mises wrote: Interventionism aims at state control of market conditions
57. Autarky offers a range of hypoallergenic and grain-free diets, designed for hardworking and active dogs.
58. Autarky describes a situation when countries are completely closed to trade
59. The Autarky price of a good is the market clearing price in a closed economy
60. Autarky price = p A; = (p¹/p²) A; at Autarky
61. (domestic) market clearing price = Autarky price
62. Hypernyms ("Autarky" is a kind of): independence; independency (freedom from control or influence of another or others) Derivation: autarkical (of countries; not relying on imports) autarkical (of or relating to or characterized by autarchy)
63. Autarky, for those unfamiliar, was an economic and industrial policy of self-reliance wherein a nation need not rely on international trade for its economic survival
64. Autarky can be avoided by occupying developing nations, thus curbing their resource growth
65. It is sometimes referred to as the "Autarky glitch"