1. How to use Athwart in a sentence
2. Preposition Athwart the road was farmland as far as the eye could see Adverb after it enters the Gulf of Mexico, the hurricane is predicted to advance Athwart to the Texas coastline we hung the twisted strips of crepe paper Athwart to the floor and ceiling so that they formed giant crosses on all four walls
3. Broadside to the wind because of equal and opposite pressures of wind and tide: a ship riding Athwart.
4. From one side to the other of; across: "the Stars that shoot Athwart the Night" (Alexander Pope)
5. Athwart Sentence Examples Simultaneously the frame as a whole tends to slide horizontally Athwart the rails,
6. But he calculated that this position, too, must be carried in the first rush, so that he could reach without delay the great ridge of the Stol (6,467 ft.), which stood Athwart a further direct advance.
7. Synonyms & Antonyms of Athwart (Entry 1 of 2) 1 from one side to the other of an intervening space after it enters the Gulf of Mexico, the hurricane is predicted to advance Athwart to the Texas coastline
8. The Crossword Solver found 20 answers to the Athwart crossword clue
9. Athwart Services Athwart Global concepts is a Nigerian company that has the required expertise needed in making the rather arduous task of branding whether it be an SME or a multinational company simple and affordable but yet worthwhile
10. Athwart Signage We offer signage designs across the deck including road signs, billboards, interior and office signage […]
11. The glowing heavens, luminous Athwart the clouds of fine, suspended sand, laid this ominous hint of dream upon the entire day
12. THE WAVE ALGERNON BLACKWOOD Silently the turnkey passes the cell, like a flitting mystery casting its shadow Athwart a troubled soul
13. Athwart 'Athwart' is a 7 letter word starting with A and ending with T Crossword clues for 'Athwart'
14. We found 2 answers for the crossword clue Athwart
15. If you haven't solved the crossword clue Athwart yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know! (Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g
16. ‘Grenada lay Athwart vital US sea lanes, thus threatening all transatlantic trade.’ ‘The Island of St
17. Germain, the objective of the action, is a low mound of earth surrounded by swamps and was Athwart the division zone of advance.’
18. Use the adverb Athwart to describe something that reaches or stretches across, or from one side to another
19. You might hang a "Happy Birthday" banner Athwart your office doorway to celebrate your coworker's birthday.
20. If you would like to support Athwart as well, check out the Support Us page to keep our project survive and thrive! We've published a lot of great work recently and are
21. The moral of the narrative, that such music is harmful and enervating, goes Athwart a style which makes nothing so desirable as hearing the music once again
22. From the Cambridge English Corpus As was pointed out by a previous speaker, this controversy cuts Athwart …
23. Athwart: Meaning and Definition of
24. Broadside to the wind because of equal and opposite pressures of wind and tide:a ship riding Athwart.
25. Athwart definition: transversely; from one side to another Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
26. Athwart: From one side to the other of; across
27. Bilby commented on the word Athwart "Hassan Abd al-Hassad, an Agha Khan, basks at an ashram - a Taj Mahal that has grand parks and grass lawns, all as vast as parklands at Alhambra and Valhalla.
28. She lies Athwart the lands, and her shadow is over the seas
29. (The White Company, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) Have I lived this many years, and a son of a rum puncheon cock his hat Athwart my hawse at the latter end of it? (Treasure Island, by Robert Louis Stevenson)
30. Definition of Athwart in the Definitions.net dictionary
31. What does Athwart mean? Information and translations of Athwart in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions …
32. Definition of Athwart preposition in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
33. ‘National Review’ seems collectively incapable of seeing that it is no longer standing Athwart history but is instead mostly Athwart rank-and-file conservatives
34. Definition of Athwart preposition in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
35. Athwart prep preposition: Relates noun or pronoun to another element of sentence--for example, "a picture of John," "She walked from my house to yours." (across) a través de loc prep locución preposicional: Unidad léxica estable formada de dos o más palabras que funciona como preposición ("a favor de", "en torno a").
36. Synonyms for Athwart in Free Thesaurus
37. 2 synonyms for Athwart: aslant, obliquely
38. 'National Review' seems collectively incapable of seeing that it is no longer standing Athwart history but is instead mostly Athwart rank-and-file conservatives
39. Examples of Athwart in a sentence
40. Because the boy thinks it’s cool to wear his hat Athwart on his head, he often wears his cap sideways
41. 🔊 We need to search Athwart for the wreckage because the ship sank in a diagonal position
42. 🔊 During practice, we learned how to throw the baton Athwart so we could catch it crossways in our hands
43. Athwartship bulkheads; an Athwartship berth 1902, Joseph Conrad, Typhoon, New York: Putnam, Chapter 14, p
44. 107, The Nan-Shan had an Athwartship bunker which, being frequently used as cargo space, communicated by an iron door
45. The former, bylined by Buckley, who served as both editor and publisher, contained the famous phrase about “stand[ing] Athwart history, yelling Stop.” This is what Buckley wrote:
46. Athwart History: Half a Century of Polemics, Animadversions, and Illuminations: A William F
47. The three clusters of locks in the GLSLS define three distinct segments in the system: the Soo Locks sit Athwart the traffic of the upper Great Lakes, the Welland Canal controls the passage of goods between the upper lakes and Lake Ontario, while the locks of the MLO section support traffic between the St
48. The bridge of a ship (by 1843) originally was a "narrow raised platform Athwart the ship whence the Captain issues his orders" [Sir Geoffrey Callender, "Sea Passages"]
49. See authoritative translations of Athwart in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
50. How to say Athwart in English? Pronunciation of Athwart with 2 audio pronunciations, 10 synonyms, 1 meaning, 9 translations, 5 sentences and more for Athwart.
51. (1) Ultimately though, what is more intriguing about this work is the manner in which it runs Athwart of some contemporary photography to instead de-emphasize overt expressivity
52. (2) He took his hand off the hilt of his dagger at last, though still his eyes were fixed Athwart the city.
53. Athwart definition: at an oblique angle synonyms: obliquely, aslant antonyms: vertical, horizontal
54. Ejemplo de cómo usar "Athwart" en una oración de Cambridge Dictionary Labs
55. (autoproduzione) Dopo un EP e un album gli Athwart di Pordenone realizzano un nuovo EP
56. Find more ways to say Athwart, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
57. Athwart adv adverb: Describes a verb, adjective, adverb, or clause--for example, "come quickly," "very rare," "happening now," "fall down." (across) en travers loc adv locution adverbiale: groupe de mots qui servent d'adverbe