1. The definition of Atelic is a quality of a verb that shows that an action is incomplete
Atelic, An, Action
2. An example of an Atelic tense is used in the following sentence, "She is walking down the street," which shows that the action of walking is not yet finished.
An, Atelic, Action
3. Definition of Atelic in the Definitions.net dictionary
4. What does Atelic mean? Information and translations of Atelic in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
5. Atelic is committed to providing each customer with the highest standard of customer service
6. Atelic Goggle Frames Have High Suction Capabilities That Will Keep Water Out Of Your Goggles Throughout Your Entire Swim! Our Unique Nose Piece Is Engineered To Fit All Types Of Face Shapes And Sizes! Our Highly Durable And Comfortable Fitting Goggle Strap Can Be Adjusted to Fit Men, Women, and Youth!
Atelic, All, And, Adjusted
7. Atelic Consulting We help our clients to analyze their risk reduction programs and implement effective strategies to mitigate GRC operational risk
Atelic, Analyze, And
8. (Atelic - the action went on for an hour without necessarily being completed; clearer with a noncount direct object like cake but still Atelic here) Fun alternatives involve adding other expressions or intonations to mean "I already ate," "I just ate," "I ate for a while," and other items to create telic or Atelic …
Atelic, Action, An, Alternatives, Adding, Already, Ate, And
9. Atelic definition: showing an action or happening as being unfinished Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Atelic, An, Action, As, And
10. Atelic verbs are going to be influenced toward the present tense-form
11. In the same way if we find an Atelic verb in the present, we also should not be surprised or overinterpret it.
An, Atelic, Also
12. Atelic - find the meaning, anagrams and hook words with Atelic and much more
Atelic, Anagrams, And
13. The word Atelic uses 6 letters: a, c, e, i, l, t
14. Atelic is playable in: Words With Friends 10
15. Find words containing the letter combinations found in Atelic
16. A verb or verb phrase with this property is said to be telic, while a verb or verb phrase that presents an action or event as being incomplete is said to be Atelic.
An, Action, As, Atelic
17. Telic means "having an end." Atelic means "endless."Telic verbs describe actions with a clear, foreseeable end
An, Atelic, Actions
18. I ran home." Here are sentences with Atelic verbs.
19. Atelic: “not all activities are like this
Atelic, All, Activities, Are
20. Going for a walk is an ‘Atelic’ activity.
An, Atelic, Activity
21. In contrast, a verb phrase that is not presented as having an endpoint is said to be Atelic. …
As, An, Atelic
Atelic, Adjustable, Anti, And, Always, Allow, Air
23. Atelic activities are done for their own sake, not in order to achieve a particular end
Atelic, Activities, Are, Achieve
24. Atelic Activities as an Antidote to Schopenhauer’s Pessimism
Atelic, Activities, As, An, Antidote
25. Block or report user Block or report Atelic
26. In contextlinguisticslang=en terms the difference between Atelic and telic is that Atelic is (linguistics) presenting an action or event as being incomplete while telic is (linguistics) perfective aspect.
Atelic, And, An, Action, As, Aspect
27. The definition of Atelic is a quality of a verb that shows that an action is incomplete
Atelic, An, Action
28. An example of an Atelic tense is used in the following sentence, "She is walking down the street," which shows that the action of walking is not yet finished.: 2
An, Atelic, Action
29. Atelic definition is - imperfective—contrasted with telic
30. 4,188 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from ‘frankabAtelic’ hashtag
31. These two clauses are, indeed, Atelic: drink is used here as an activity verb
Are, Atelic, As, An, Activity
32. Conversely, Atelic activities are pursued for their own sake
Atelic, Activities, Are
33. On the other hand Atelic activities – going for a walk, a long talk with friends, making love, and listening to your favorite songs – …
Atelic, Activities, And
34. The telic - Atelic division is present in English
35. As a rule, a given verb can be either telic or Atelic
36. All state verbs (dream, love, believe, understand) are Atelic, some action verbs are Atelic as well (sing, walk, talk)
All, Are, Atelic, Action, As
37. An event that has duration and is Atelic is sometimes called an activity
An, And, Atelic, Activity
38. One suffix (New word found by adding one or more letters at the end of the word.) Atelically
Adding, At, Atelically
39. Atelic Total Number of words made out of Atelic = 66 Atelic is an acceptable word in Scrabble with 8 points.Atelic is an accepted word in Word with Friends having 10 points
Atelic, An, Acceptable, Accepted
40. Atelic is a 6 letter medium Word starting with A and ending with C
41. 5 letter Words made out of Atelic
42. Instead, Atelic events show a processing cost after the whole sentence
43. Setiya believes “Atelic” activities — things we enjoy for their own sake — make us fulfilled
44. The telic/Atelic data semantics—dating back to Aristotle —is rooted in linguistics  and cognitive science 
Atelic, Aristotle, And
45. In this paper, we suggest that the telic/Atelic distinction is important in designing temporal applica-tions, i.e., database applications that need to organize data by time.
Atelic, Applica, Applications
46. (Atelic) In example 1, the object is "finished" and there is a telic entity, marked as "coffee-telic"
Atelic, And, As
47. In example 2, the object is "unfinished/unknown", so it's marked "coffee-Atelic"
48. This paper deals with the bounded/unbounded (telic/Atelic) distinction which is relevant to the study of aspect (more specifically, ‘Aktionsart ’) but which has been defined in different ways
Atelic, Aspect, Aktionsart
49. The distinction between “telic” and “Atelic” facts dates back to Aristotle, and has been faced within different areas
And, Atelic, Aristotle, Areas
50. In particular the subtle interplay between the telic versus Atelic dichotomy and the point-based versus interval-based semantics has been studied in the area of linguistics and computational linguistics.
Atelic, And, Area
ate·lic. adjective. The definition of atelic is a quality of a verb that shows that an action is incomplete. An example of an atelic tense is used in the following sentence, "She is walking down the street," which shows that the action of walking is not yet finished.
The definition of atelic is a quality of a verb that shows that an action is incomplete. An example of an atelic tense is used in the following sentence, "She is walking down the street," which shows that the action of walking is not yet finished. YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
"One reliable test to distinguish between telic and atelic verb phrases is to try using the gerund form of the verb phrase as direct object of complete or finish, which refer to the natural point of completion of an action. Only telic verb phrases can be used in this way. . . .
Conversely, a common way to gauge whether the phrase is atelic is to see whether such a phrase as for an hour (a time-span adverbial) can be applied to it. This can be called the time-span/time-frame test. According to this test, the verb phrase built a house is telic, whereas the minimally different built houses is atelic: