asylum (noun) · political asylum (noun) · political asylums (plural noun) · asylums (plural noun)
See also: Asylum
1. Asylum definition is - an inviolable place of refuge and protection giving shelter to criminals and debtors : sanctuary
2. How to use Asylum in a sentence.
3. If you are eligible for Asylum you may be permitted to remain in the United States
4. To apply for Asylum, file a Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal, within one year of your arrival to the United States
5. There is no fee to apply for Asylum.
6. An inviolable refuge, as formerly for criminals and debtors; sanctuary: He sought Asylum in the church.
7. Obtaining Asylum in the United States Obtaining Asylum in the United States To keep our workforce and applicants safe during COVID-19, USCIS announced a temporary final rule that requires certain Asylum applicants to use our contract telephonic interpreters instead of bringing their own interpreter to their Asylum interview.
8. String discovers in Internet that in 1935, their dorm together with an attached abandoned section was an Asylum administrated by Dr
9. In order to secure a job at a mental institution, a young psychiatrist must interview four patients inside the Asylum.
10. The Asylum Transplants You to Triassic World and More Mockbuster Madness
11. An application for Asylum of an alien may be considered, notwithstanding subparagraphs (B) and (C), if the alien demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Attorney General either the existence of changed circumstances which materially affect the applicant’s eligibility for Asylum or extraordinary circumstances relating to the delay in filing an
12. A sign that reads Asylum in Spanish (“Asilo”) shows migrants the way to a Border Patrol processing center in McAllen, Texas
13. The Asylum seeker is either granted Asylum or denied
14. If denied, the Asylum seeker can appeal through immigration court
15. If a migrant seeks Asylum after entering the U.S
16. Without prior documentation, they are detained, and they file the Asylum application with their photo and fingerprints.
17. The right of Asylum (sometimes called right of political Asylum; from the Ancient Greek word ἄσυλον) is an ancient juridical concept, under which a person persecuted by one's own country may be protected by another sovereign authority, such as another country or church official, who in medieval times could offer sanctuary.This right was recognized by the Egyptians, the Greeks, and the
18. Asylum, in international law, the protection granted by a state to a foreign citizen against his own state
19. The person for whom Asylum is established has no legal right to demand it, and the sheltering state has no obligation to grant it
20. The right of Asylum falls into three …
21. Martin (Robert Powell) goes on a job interview at a British insane Asylum, he learns that he must interview the Asylum's inmates in order to be considered for the position
22. Arma 3 - Gaming Asylum Join our community on the forums! One Large Server with the most active community
23. What does Asylum mean? A place where one is safe and secure; refuge
24. Madeleine Roux's New York Times bestselling Asylum is a thrilling and creepy photo-illustrated novel that Publishers Weekly called "a strong YA debut that reveals the enduring impact of buried trauma on a place." For sixteen-year-old Dan Crawford, the New Hampshire College Prep program is the chance of a lifetime
25. Asylum is the subtitle for the second season, or miniseries, of American Horror Story
26. Basic Grounds for Asylum or Refugee Status
27. To establish eligibility for Asylum or refugee status under U.S
28. The inmates are running the Asylum The people least capable of running a group or organization are now in charge
29. With the primary schools giving their young students complete control over the curriculum, it seems as though the inmates are running the Asylum
30. Asylum is a thrilling and creepy photo-novel perfect for fans of the New York Times bestseller Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
31. Uncountable noun If a government gives a person from another country Asylum, they allow them to stay, usually because they are unable to return home safely for political reasons
32. He applied for Asylum in 1987 after fleeing the police back home
33. Synonyms: refuge, security, haven, safety More Synonyms of Asylum
34. The Asylum Officer will look at your testimony, the information you provide on your application, and any additional materials you submit to determine if you are a refugee and whether any mandatory bars apply
35. The Asylum Officer will also consider country condition information from reliable sources and will consider the relevant law.
36. Asylum (n.) early 15c., earlier asile (late 14c.), "place of refuge, sanctuary," from Latin Asylum "sanctuary," from Greek asylon "refuge, fenced territory," noun use of neuter of asylos "inviolable, safe from violence," especially of persons seeking protection, from a-"without" (see a-(3)) + syl ē "right of seizure," which is of unknown etymology
37. Each year, thousands of people arriving at our border or already in the United States apply for Asylum, or protection from persecution
38. Asylum seekers must navigate a difficult and complex process that can involve multiple government agencies
39. Those granted Asylum can apply to live in the United States permanently and
40. 15 hours ago · Moreover, Asylum seekers in immigration detention have no access to adequate medical and mental health care, family support, legal counsel, witnesses and evidence, and interpreters—all the …
41. The political Asylum is one of the human rights affirmed by Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and a rules of international human rights law
42. 9 synonyms of Asylum from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 40 related words, definitions, and antonyms
43. Asylum: something (as a building) that offers cover from the weather or protection from danger.
44. Asylum: a Dark Fae romance (Touched by the Fae Book 1) - Kindle edition by Lynch, Jessica
45. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading Asylum: a Dark Fae romance (Touched by the Fae Book 1).
46. Only Asylum and NACARA suspension/cancellation interviews are scheduled at Asylum Offices by the USCIS
47. However, Asylum applications are not filed at a USCIS Asylum Office but rather must be filed with a USCIS Service Center
48. In this article, we will list every Asylum Office and the counties each Asylum Office serves as of October 18, 2017.
49. Asylum is an ambitious and intricate horror adventure casting you into the hallucinatory setting of the Hanwell Mental Institute, a silent witness to unimaginable atrocities that transpired between its endless corridors
50. The Asylum opened in 2014 in historic downtown Lewisburg and serves up delicious burgers, salads, sandwiches and small plates
51. With multiple levels and outdoor seating, The Asylum provides the perfect place to grab a bite and watch the game or catch up with old friends.
52. Martin (Robert Powell) goes on a job interview at a British insane Asylum, he learns that he must interview the Asylum's inmates in order to be cons
53. To be granted Asylum, a person must demonstrate that he or she is a “refugee,” that he or she is not barred from Asylum for any of the reasons listed in our immigration laws, and that the decision-maker should grant Asylum as a matter of discretion.
54. Asylum: During a December 22, 2020, news conference, Joe Biden said rolling back Trump administration changes to the Asylum process will take months, not days
55. Asylum is a protection granted to foreign nationals who can prove they have a credible fear of returning to their home country because of very specific reasons that are outlined by U.S
56. When someone needs a refuge from a difficult or dangerous situation, they need Asylum
57. If a government offers to protect people who have fled war or hardship in their own country, it gives them Asylum.
58. Urban Exploration: Scary Abandoned Horror Asylum In ItalyYet another place of horror we found on our Italy road trip in summer 2018
59. ‘Denied political Asylum and protection, he's now urgently seeking a refugee visa.’ ‘At present, the Secretary of State grants Asylum to all such claimants.’ ‘He was granted Asylum, grew up in Brighton and applied for British citizenship.’ ‘They spent two years behind bars before they were granted Asylum by …