See also: Astronomy
1. Astronomy.com is for anyone who wants to learn more about Astronomy events, cosmology, planets, galaxies, asteroids, astrophotography, the Big Bang, black holes
2. Astronomy (from Greek: ἀστρονομία, literally meaning the science that studies the laws of the stars) is a natural science that studies celestial objects and phenomena.It uses mathematics, physics, and chemistry in order to explain their origin and evolution.Objects of interest include planets, moons, stars, nebulae, galaxies, and comets
3. Astronomy, science that encompasses the study of all extraterrestrial objects and phenomena
4. Since the late 19th century, Astronomy has expanded to include astrophysics, the application of physical and chemical knowledge to an understanding of the nature of celestial objects.
5. Astronomy is the study of everything in the universe beyond Earth’s atmosphere
6. Definition of Astronomy: Astronomy is the study of the sun, moon, stars, planets, comets, gas, galaxies, gas, dust and other non-Earthly bodies and phenomena
7. Astronomy A gargantuan supernova remnant looks 40 times as big as the full moon New observations confirm that a cloud in the constellation Antlia really is …
8. A different Astronomy and space science related image is featured each day, along with a brief explanation
9. Astronomy is the scientific study of celestial objects (such as stars, planets, comets, and galaxies) and phenomena that originate outside the Earth's atmosphere (such as the cosmic background
10. Read the latest news and articles about Astronomy and space science
11. Astronomy definition is - the study of objects and matter outside the earth's atmosphere and of their physical and chemical properties
12. The Difference Between Astronomy and astrology
13. Astronomy Calendar — Upcoming Events
14. Astronomy is the scientific study of all objects in space
15. The word comes to us from the ancient Greek term for "star law." Astrophysics, which is part of Astronomy, goes a step further and applies the laws of physics to help us understand the origins of the universe and the objects in it
16. The latest science news on Astronomy, astrobiology, and space exploration from Phys.org.
17. Astronomy definition, the science that deals with the material universe beyond the earth's atmosphere
18. The Bad Astronomy blog is all about real-world science — it covers the entire Universe, from subatomic particles to the Big Bang itself
19. Astronomy, space exploration, the effect of politics on science you'll find it all here, as well as anything else that pops into the science-drenched brain of Phil Plait - astronomer, author and communicator
20. The Essential Guide to Astronomy
21. Chapter Outline 1.1 The Nature of Astronomy 1.2 The Nature of Science 1.3 The Laws of Nature 1.4 Numbers in Astronomy 1.5 Consequences of Light Travel Time
22. Astronomy synonyms, Astronomy pronunciation, Astronomy translation, English dictionary definition of Astronomy
23. Astronomy The Milky Way’s central black hole may have turned nearby red giant stars blue A powerful blast from the supermassive black hole …
24. Astronomy (religion, spiritualism, and occult) Astronomy is the branch of natural science that studies the celestial bodies
25. The word is a combination of astron, Greek for “star,” and nomos, Greek for “law.” Astrology was formerly part of Astronomy, with astrological determinations being viewed as a “practical application” of astronomical knowledge.
26. Astronomy (usually uncountable, plural astronomies) The study of the physical universe beyond the Earth's atmosphere, including the process of mapping locations and properties of the matter and radiation in the universe
27. Celestron - SkyMaster Giant 15x70 Binoculars - Top Rated Astronomy Binoculars - Binoculars for Stargazing and Long Distance Viewing - Includes Tripod Adapter and Case 4.5 out of 5 stars 5,576 $88.92 $ 88
28. Astronomy Learn everything you want about Astronomy with the wikiHow Astronomy Category
29. All About Astronomy Where are we in the universe? We live on Earth, the third planet of our solar system
30. Exclusive articles about Astronomy 5 1/2 reasons you shouldn’t miss the solar eclipse, straight from an over-the-moon astrophysicist Here’s why should stop what you’re doing and look up at the sky on August 21, according to astrophysics researcher Jedidah Isler.
31. The Department of Astronomy offers a rich and varied program of theoretical, observational, and experimental graduate work leading to the PhD in Astronomy
32. The Astrospheric Astronomy Weather Forecast App (Android)
33. Astronomy, science that encompasses the study of all extraterrestrial objects and phenomena
34. Until the invention of the telescope and the discovery of the laws of motion and gravity in the 17th century, Astronomy was primarily concerned with noting and predicting the positions of the Sun, Moon, and
35. 878 Astronomy jobs available on Indeed.com
36. Directory of amateur Astronomy clubs worldwide
37. There are over 600 amateur Astronomy clubs in the U.S
The word astronomy comes from a Greek word that literally (and poetically) means "star-arranging." What are variants of astro-? When combined with words or word elements that begin with a vowel, astro- becomes astr-.
astronomy ( n.) the branch of physics that studies celestial bodies and the universe as a whole; Synonyms: uranology. From wordnet.princeton.edu.
Definition of astronomy : the study of objects and matter outside the earth's atmosphere and of their physical and chemical properties : the scientific study of stars, planets, and other objects in outer space : a science concerned with objects and matter outside the earth's atmosphere and of their motions and makeup
Examples of astronomical objects include planetary systems, star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies, while asteroids, moons, planets, and stars are astronomical bodies.