1. Assiduous came to English directly from the Latin assiduus, an adjective derived from the verb assidēre "to sit beside." To the ancient Romans, assiduus carried meanings ranging from “settled or rooted in place” to “constantly present” to “persistent, …
Assiduous, Assiduus, An, Adjective, Assid, Ancient
2. Assiduous definition, constant in application or effort; working diligently at a task; persevering; industrious; meticulous: an Assiduous student
Assiduous, Application, At, An
3. Assiduous: See: active , circumspect , close , conscientious , devoted , diligent , eager , earnest , faithful , industrious , loyal , meticulous , painstaking
4. Some common synonyms of Assiduous are busy, diligent, industrious, and sedulous. While all these words mean "actively engaged or occupied," Assiduous stresses careful and unremitting application.
Assiduous, Are, And, All, Actively, Application
5. The government has been Assiduous in the fight against inflation.
6. If you call someone Assiduous, it's a compliment
7. It means they're careful, methodical and very persistent. Good detectives are classically Assiduous types
And, Are, Assiduous
8. Assiduous comes from two Latin words: assiduus, meaning "busy incessant, continual or constant," and …
Assiduous, Assiduus, And
9. The definition of Assiduous is someone that is diligent and constant. An example of an animal that is Assiduous is a bee.
Assiduous, And, An, Animal
10. Nobody is a greater slave than an Assiduous courtier, unless it be a courtier who is more Assiduous. THE 'CHARACTERS' OF JEAN DE LA BRUYRE JEAN DE LA BRUYRE Only by an Assiduous devotion to the contents of the daily newspapers in their reports of …
11. Definition of Assiduous in the Definitions.net dictionary
12. What does Assiduous mean? Information and translations of Assiduous in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
13. There is no sterner or more Assiduous newshawk to be found on the demanding beat than yours truly
14. It is something of a myth that detectives solve crimes by Assiduous collection of evidence. While working hard at perfecting his art, in London and Italy, Reynolds was equally Assiduous in getting into the right clubs and societies.
Assiduous, At, Art, And
15. Assiduous in a sentence 1) He was Assiduous in his attendance at church. 2) The Government has been Assiduous in the fight against inflation. 3) She was Assiduous in her duties.
Assiduous, Attendance, At, Against
16. Someone who is Assiduous works hard or does things very thoroughly.
17. Assiduous (adj.) "attentive, devoted, constant in application," 1530s, from Latin assiduus "attending; continually present, incessant; busy; constant," from assidere / adsidere "to sit down to, sit by" (thus "be constantly occupied" at one's work); from ad "to" (see ad-) + sedere "to sit," from PIE root *sed-(1) "to sit." The word acquired a taint of "servile" in 18c.
Assiduous, Adj, Attentive, Application, Assiduus, Attending, Assidere, Adsidere, At, Ad, Acquired
18. How Many Words can be Made From Assiduous? Above are the words made by unscrambling A S S I D U O U S (ADIOSSSUU).Our unscramble word finder was able to unscramble these letters using various methods to generate 95 words!Having a unscramble tool like ours under your belt will help you in ALL word scramble games!
Assiduous, Above, Are, Adiosssuu, Able, All
19. Synonyms for Assiduously in Free Thesaurus
20. 21 synonyms for Assiduous: diligent, constant, steady, hard-working, persistent, attentive
21. The Assiduous students chose to work on their term paper instead of going out to play
22. With an Assiduous attitude, we will finish this project
An, Assiduous, Attitude
23. The meticulous maid was Assiduous when cleaning her mistress’s floors with a toothbrush.
24. Showing or characterized by persistent attention or untiring application: an Assiduous worker who strove for perfection; did Assiduous research before writing the book
Attention, Application, An, Assiduous
25. Synonyms for Assiduous in Free Thesaurus
26. 21 synonyms for Assiduous: diligent, constant, steady, hard-working, persistent, attentive
27. Very careful to make sure that something is done properly or completely SYN meticulous Assiduous in He was Assiduous in his attendance at church
Assiduous, Attendance, At
28. —Assiduously adverb Even young children worked Assiduously for a reward
29. —assiduity /ˌæsəˈdjuːəti $ -ˈduː-/ noun [ uncountable] Examples from the Corpus Assiduous • Such Assiduous attention has never been directed at this market before.
Assiduity, Assiduous, Attention, At
30. Assiduous was the most professional contractor we have ever worked with! They went above and beyond to fix flaws made by the builder and previous contractors
Assiduous, Above, And
31. Working very hard and taking great care that everything is done as well as it can be synonym diligent one of the most Assiduous members of the team their Assiduous efforts and attention to detail She was Assiduous in her duties.
And, As, Assiduous, Attention
32. The selfish sagacity of the latter, which had at first drawn Robert into the scrape, was the principal instrument of his deliverance from it; for her respectful humility, Assiduous attentions, and endless flatteries, as soon as the smallest opening was given for their exercise, reconciled Mrs
At, Assiduous, Attentions, And, As
33. Exceptional Senior Home Care from Assiduous Home Care
34. The boys were most Assiduous at this kind of work.; He had become simply the obedient and Assiduous secretary.; If your sister want any thing, be Assiduous to fetch it.; Liza would discharge with Assiduous attention the duties of her place.; Harry kept an Assiduous watch for an opportunity to speak with the sentinel.; Even the Assiduous person needs encouragement and a little praise.
Assiduous, At, And, Any, Attention, An
35. ‘The opposition has been Assiduous in considering the issues and developing solutions consistent with the principled position it has taken on the bill.’ ‘He has always been an Assiduous listener to radio.’ ‘The member is being a very Assiduous local member.’ ‘He was Assiduous in his support for the subject.’
Assiduous, And, Always, An
36. Use "Assiduous" in a sentence She was an Assiduous musician till her health became impaired
37. His Assiduous studies gave birth to two sublime books of art, Soie et lumiere and Sabre et pinceau
Assiduous, Art, And
38. He was Assiduous in his attendance on Queen Hortense until the …
39. Synonyms for be Assiduous include apply oneself, be diligent, be industrious, show commitment, show dedication, study hard, work hard, buckle down, buckle to and endeavor
Assiduous, Apply, And
40. ‘The opposition has been Assiduous in considering the issues and developing solutions consistent with the principled position it has taken on the bill.’ ‘He has always been an Assiduous listener to radio.’ ‘The member is being a very Assiduous local member.’ ‘He was Assiduous in his support for the subject.’
Assiduous, And, Always, An
41. A-sid'-u-us: Occurs only in The Wisdom of Solomon 8:18 the Revised Version (British and American), "In Assiduous communing with her is understanding," i.e
And, American, Assiduous
42. A stricter law against drunk driving was brought about by Assiduous campaigning on the part of citizens
Against, About, Assiduous
43. Assiduous - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
44. Assiduous: Showing or characterized by persistent attention or untiring application: synonym : diligent .
Assiduous, Attention, Application
45. Find 26 ways to say Assiduous, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Assiduous, Along, Antonyms, And, At
46. Definition of Assiduous adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
Assiduous, Adjective, Advanced, American
47. Assiduous if I wanted to express respect for the worker's application and thoroughness, while leaving room to doubt the value of her work Sedulous if I wanted to acknowledge the worker's application and thoroughness, while leaving room to wonder whether the work might not be …
Assiduous, Application, And, Acknowledge
48. Assiduous definition: Someone who is Assiduous works hard or does things very thoroughly
49. See 2 authoritative translations of Assiduous in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
Assiduous, And, Audio,
50. What is the opposite of Assiduous? Antonyms for Assiduous (opposite of Assiduous).
51. Assiduous+ass+in+the+dust.a donkey working hard in the dust.meaning hard working or industrious or diligent
52. Video shows what Assiduous means
53. Definition of Assiduous written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
Assiduous, Audio, And
54. Assiduous Energy LLC is located in Edmond, OK, United States and is part of the Information Technology Services Industry
55. Assiduous Energy LLC has 2 total employees across all of its locations and generates $54,079 in sales (USD).
Assiduous, Across, All, And
56. Assiduous Esports, Kathmandu, Nepal
57. Assiduous Esports is the initiative to provide the necessary platform to those gamer who actually deserve the chance and the
Assiduous, Actually, And