1. Assertive definition is - disposed to or characterized by bold or confident statements and behavior
2. How to use Assertive in a sentence
3. Synonym Discussion of Assertive.
4. Assertive commonly means confident and direct when trying to get what one wants or saying what one wants to say
5. Someone who is Assertive behaves confidently and is not frightened to say what they want or believe: If you really want the promotion, you'll have to be more Assertive.
6. Assertiveness is a social skill that relies heavily on effective communication while simultaneously respecting the thoughts and wishes of others
7. People who are Assertive clearly and respectfully
8. While the synonyms aggressive and Assertive are close in meaning, aggressive implies a disposition to dominate often in disregard of others' rights or in determined and energetic pursuit of one's ends
9. Aggressive in his business dealings When is militant a more appropriate choice than Assertive?
10. Being Assertive means finding the right balance between passivity (not Assertive enough) and aggression (angry or hostile behavior)
11. Assertiveness is the skill of effective communication and negotiation
12. Being Assertive means being able to stand up for what you believe is right, ask for what you want, and say no to what you don’t want in a way that’s confident, calm, and respectful.
13. Assertive communication is defined as “ the ability to speak and interact in a manner that considers and respects the rights and opinions of others while also standing up for your rights, needs, and personal boundaries ” (Pipas & Jaradat, 2010, p
14. While being Assertive generally leads to better outcomes in many aspects of life, being overly Assertive can also hurt relationships
15. The key is being “adaptively Assertive” rather than “aggressively Assertive”, and finding the right situations in which to be Assertive.
16. Assertive people also sometimes presume they are free to do much more than others would allow or tolerate
17. 94% of those with the Assertive Identity say they have a healthy ego, compared to 58% of those with the Turbulent Identity.
18. Use the Assertive message template
19. These techniques can be developed into an Assertive message template
20. The three-part Assertive message starts by describing a specific behavior
21. Assertiveness is the quality of being self-assured and confident without being aggressive
22. Dorland's Medical Dictionary defines Assertiveness as:
23. Assertive is defined as someone who is self-confident and strong willed, though sometimes domineering or pushy
24. A common mistake many people make who are on the path to being more Assertive is to try to be Assertive all the time
25. Assertiveness is situational and contextual
26. There may be cases when being Assertive won’t get you anywhere and taking a more …
27. Assertive communication is defined by mutual respect, diplomacy, and directness
28. Our Assertive Communication worksheet includes one page of psychoeducation, and a second page of practice exercises, that will help your clients learn to use Assertive communication in their own lives.
29. If you are upfront about what you want and bold in devising a plan that helps you get it, you could be described as Assertive, meaning you act with authority and confidence.
30. Assertively - in an Assertive manner; "`I will take care of my own life,' she said Assertively"
31. Assertive - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
32. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Assertive adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (person: confident) resuelto/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").
33. Find 29 ways to say Assertive, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
34. ‘An Assertive person makes his or her feelings known but remains in control of the situation.’ ‘The sheep, popularly incapable of individual decision, appears quite Assertive.’ ‘The Emperor is often associated with Aries, which is a strong and Assertive astrological fire sign.’
35. An Assertive person is one who acts in his/her own best interests, stands up for self, expresses feelings honestly, is in charge of self in interpersonal relations, and chooses for self
36. The basic message sent from an Assertive person is “I’m OK and you’re OK.” An Assertive person is emotionally honest, direct, self-enhancing, and
37. Assertive people respect Assertive behaviour when they meet it; Speaking loudly, clearly, quickly and fluently are clear signs of Assertive behaviour; Often more Assertive behaviour by the team leader and members will ensure that all issues are raised
38. The general overview of how to become more Assertive
39. If you want to be healthy Assertive, you need a new mental and emotional framework that leads to rational behavior and Assertive agency
40. Being Assertive means communicating with others in a direct and honest manner without intentionally hurting anyone’s feelings
41. If you are Assertive,you speak and behave in a confident way and direct way, so that people pay attention to you
42. Assertive forms used in negative statements often imply an identifiable thing or person
43. The non-Assertive form implies an absence of something (i.e., refers to quantity not identity)
44. Someone who is Assertive states their needs and opinions clearly, so that people take notice
45. Most of us need to be more Assertive when we visit the …
46. Assertive definition, confidently aggressive or self-assured; positive: aggressive; dogmatic: He is too Assertive as a salesman
47. Assertive Communication What is Assertiveness? Assertiveness is communicating and expressing your thoughts, feelings, and opinions in a way that makes your views and needs clearly understood by others, without putting down their thoughts, feelings, or opinions
48. Assertiveness is the ability to express our thoughts and feelings openly in an H
49. An Assertive leader who is disrespected and disliked can try with all his or her might to exert influence, and all they will get is resistance
50. Assertive - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
51. ‘An Assertive person makes his or her feelings known but remains in control of the situation.’ ‘The sheep, popularly incapable of individual decision, appears quite Assertive.’ ‘The Emperor is often associated with Aries, which is a strong and Assertive astrological fire sign.’
52. Assertiveness is a skill regularly referred to in social and communication skills training
53. Being Assertive means being able to stand up for your own or other people’s rights in a calm and positive way, without being either aggressive, or passively accepting ‘wrong’.
54. Being Assertive is not an all-or-nothing behavior, either
55. If you score somewhere in between high and low on the EQ-i 2.0 assessment on being Assertive
56. How to be effectively Assertive: Use Assertive body language