assent (verb) · assents (third person present) · assented (past tense) · assented (past participle) · assenting (present participle)
1. Assent definition is - to agree to or approve of something (such as an idea or suggestion) especially after thoughtful consideration : concur
2. How to use Assent in a sentence
3. Assent definition, to agree or concur; subscribe to (often followed by to): to Assent to a statement
4. Assent Compliance provides cloud-based SaaS solutions that help companies manage their supply chain data, facilitate stakeholder and supply chain education on regulatory and program requirements, and increase transparency between businesses.
5. How is the word Assent distinct from other similar verbs? Some common synonyms of Assent are accede, acquiesce, agree, consent, and subscribe
6. While all these words mean "to concur with what has been proposed," Assent implies an act involving the understanding or judgment and applies to propositions or opinions
7. Voters Assented to the proposal
8. The stout brigadier grunted an Assent and rolled monumentally down the Avenue
9. LOCKE The nod of Assent was given, and the permission put in force with hearty good will
10. About Assent Compliance The Experts in Supply Chain Data Management We help companies by providing transparency, traceability and real understanding of their supply chain data so they can protect their brands, remove market access barriers, and reduce operational and financial risk.
11. This application is the Assent declaration collection and management tool and intended to be viewed by the individual or entity to whom or to which it is addressed and contains information and functionality that is privileged, confidential and subject to copyright
12. Assent is the agreement of someone not able to give legal consent to participate in the activity
13. Work with children or adults not capable of giving consent requires the consent of the parent or legal guardian and the Assent of the subject.
14. Assent is one of the largest Steel Fabrication Companies Dubai and Steel Erection Company Dubai supported by large engineering services established in 2008 to serve the requirements of industrial and commercial projects.
15. To Assent is to give an affirmative response, as to a proposal or request: "He argued point by point that [the queen] knew of the plot, approved of it, Assented to it" (John Guy).
16. The concept of Assent is based on the assumption that while a child has sufficient capacity to understand a procedure and agree with parental decisions, he or she does not have the autonomy to request and consent to a procedure on his or her own
17. If you nod your head in Assent, you agree to something or you Assent to it
18. As a verb, Assent is generally followed by a phrase beginning with the word "to:" You Assent to a plan, an agreement, or to an idea
19. Assent is also something that you can give.
20. Express Assent is manifest confirmation of a position for approval
21. Implied Assent is that which the law presumes to exist because the conduct of the parties demonstrates their intentions.
22. / əˈsent / official agreement to or approval of an idea, plan, or request: Once the directors have given their Assent to the proposal we can begin
23. She nodded her Assent to the proposal.
24. Assent Aeronautics is a family owned company, founded in 2004 and headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas
25. Assent means agreement, approval or permission
26. Assent can be express, implied, constructive or apparent
27. It is express, when the Assent is clearly and unmistakably communicated.
28. The Assent (818) IMDb 4.1 1 h 27 min 2020 X-Ray 18+ A widower reluctantly seeks the help of a disgraced priest to save his son, whom he believes is possessed by the Devil
29. What does Assent mean? Agreement; concurrence
30. (noun) Reached Assent on a course of action.
31. To Assent is to give an affirmative response, as to a proposal or request: "He argued point by point that [the queen] knew of the plot, approved of it, Assented to it" (John Guy).
32. Assent means that they agree to take part
33. Unlike informed consent, Assent is not always required by law, though IRBs may require it
34. To take part in the Assent process, your child must be mature enough to understand the trial and what they are required to do
35. Assent (n.) early 14c., "consent, approval," from Old French Assent, a back-formation from Assentir "to agree" (see Assent (v.))
36. "Assent is primarily an act of the understanding; consent is distinctly the act of the will: as, I Assent to that proposition; I consent to his going" [Century Dictionary].
37. Synonyms for Assent in Free Thesaurus
38. 47 synonyms for Assent: agreement, accord, sanction, approval, permission, acceptance, consent, compliance
39. Express Assent is manifest confirmation of a position for approval.Implied Assent is that which the law presumes to exist because the conduct of the parties demonstrates their intentions.Mutual Assent, sometimes called the meeting of the minds of the parties, is the reciprocal
40. P.O.Box : 38436 Tel: +971 - 4 - 2471200 Fax: +971 - 4 - 4229826 Email: [email protected]Assent.ae Website: www.Assent.ae
41. As may be noted, the amendment to the articles may be allowed upon the "vote or written Assent of the stockholders." Thus, the stockholders may either vote or just express their written Assent …
42. If someone gives their Assent to something that has been suggested, they formally agree to it
43. He gave his Assent to the proposed legislation
44. [ + to/for] Without their Assent a political settlement cannot be reached
45. Synonyms: agreement, accord, sanction, approval More Synonyms of Assent
46. ‘To Assent to obvious lies is to co-operate with evil, and in some small way to become evil oneself.’ ‘Should Parliament Assent to the amendments, this requirement will fall away.’ ‘Factual Assent to an armed assault is one matter; ideological commitment to it another.’
47. A deed of Assent is an aspect of probate law necessary to transfer a property from the name of a deceased person to the intended heir
48. See 7 authoritative translations of Assent in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
49. Assent is designed to make Android's runtime permissions easier and take less code in your app to use
50. Royal Assent is the method by which a monarch formally approves an act of the legislature, either directly or through an official acting on the monarch's behalf
51. In some jurisdictions, royal Assent is equivalent to promulgation, while in others that is a separate step.Under a modern constitutional monarchy, royal Assent is considered little more than a formality.
52. Assent refers to agreement, while an ascent is a climb
53. Before we make our way to the top of Mount Everest, we need to make sure our guide Assents to our ascent.
54. • The monarch gave formal Assent to any legislative measure approved by the two houses
55. • She nodded her Assent and came down from the tree
56. • There was a knock on the door, and when he grunted muffled Assent it opened and some one came in
57. • On 16 January 1707 the Treaty of Union received its royal Assent.
58. ‘To Assent to obvious lies is to co-operate with evil, and in some small way to become evil oneself.’ ‘Should Parliament Assent to the amendments, this requirement will fall away.’ ‘Factual Assent to an armed assault is one matter; ideological commitment to it another.’
59. “If Her Majesty’s representative in Bermuda does not give Assent to something that has been passed lawfully and legally under this local government, this will destroy the relationship that we
60. Assent (to something) official agreement to or approval of something The director has given her Assent to the proposals.; He nodded (his) Assent
61. There were murmurs of both Assent and dissent from the crowd
62. The bill passed in Parliament has now received (the) Royal Assent (= been approved by the king/queen).; She is by common Assent, the best person for the job.
63. Assent to To agree to something
64. The union has finally Assented to the new contract
65. See also: Assent, to I guess I suppose; sure
66. The Assent is a decent horror film, a story about an exorcism, at the first minutes all exorcism movies chiclés are there but I got intrigued with some retro effects
67. Examples of Assent in a sentence
68. For a while, it seemed as if Karen was not going to Assent to Jim’s marriage proposal
69. 🔊 The policeman asked if I would Assent to a search of my vehicle
70. 🔊 When I told Frank I would never Assent to a divorce, he
71. Alternative Assent and Waiver of Notice of Sureties (MPC 455) This version of the form allows you to save a partially filled-out form to finish later or for re-use
72. The term Assent refers to the verbal or written agreement to engage in a research study
73. Assent is generally applicable to children between the ages of 8 and 18 years, although Assent may apply to other vulnerable populations also.