askew (adverb) · askew (adjective)
1. Askew definition is - out of line : at an angle
2. How to use Askew in a sentence.
3. Askew definition, to one side; out of line; in a crooked position; awry: to wear one's hat Askew; to hang a picture Askew
4. Crookedly, to one side, awry, obliquely, off-centre, aslant Some of the doors hung Askew. crookedly evenly, right, level, true, straight, squarely, in line, aligned Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition
5. In or into a position in which something is not straight or level: He held his helmet Askew to conceal his injuries
6. Foundations can crack and buildings can sink or tip Askew.
7. Askew is a global leader in supply chain logistics and distribution of industrial, MIL-SPEC and engineered fasteners, components and MRO products.
8. Google just tilted, or your monitor goes Askew? Find out the secrets in Google Askew search.
9. Askew MISSION STATEMENT Askew Appliance cares about the communities it serves
10. The Crossword Solver found 47 answers to the Askew crossword clue
11. Thank you for visiting the Askew and Brooks Funeral Homes website
12. Welcome to Askew Funeral and Cremation Services in Roanoke Rapids & Jackson, NC
13. For more than thirty- four years, Mike Askew, of Askew Funeral and Cremation Services, has been dedicated to serving the families of the Roanoke Valley and South side of Virginia.
14. 19 synonyms of Askew from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 7 related words, definitions, and antonyms
15. Askew: inclined or twisted to one side.
16. Askew Elementary School Where All Our Stars Shine Brightly
17. Askew's Cycles & Watersports In February 1984 we opened our doors as a small accessories and repair shop
18. Askew Marine maintains certifications for shipyard products including Chemical, Mechanical, Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle Inspection in accordance with NAVSEA requirements
19. At the Askew Funeral Home, Cavalier, ND
20. Askew's Famous Beer Battered Chicken Tenders
21. When Askew died in 1774 they were offered to a collector for two thousand guineas, but the price was considered too large
22. WHEATLEY Slim was laboring sootily with the stove-pipe which Patsy had struck Askew with a stick of …
23. Askew Funeral and Cremation Services in Roanoke Rapids & Jackson, NC provides funeral, memorial, aftercare, pre-planning, and cremation services to our community and the surrounding areas.
24. Tall and rangy, usually sporting long mangy hair, and frequently projecting a strong and intense on-screen presence, character actor Luke Askew made a potent and lasting …
25. The Askew family name was found in the USA, the UK, Canada, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920
26. The most Askew families were found in the UK in 1891
27. In 1840 there were 45 Askew families living in North Carolina
28. This was about 36% of all the recorded Askew's in the USA.
29. Askew Elementary School is located at 11200 WOOD LODGE DR, HOUSTON, TX, 77077-4237
30. ‘the judging was a bit Askew’ ‘Don't punish the press just because the publishers' plans have gone Askew.’ ‘A few of the facts are slightly Askew but the enthusiasm of the article is interesting.’
31. Early History of the Askew family
32. This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Askew research
33. Another 141 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1350, 1590, 1911, 1521, 1546, 1540, 1438, 1450, 1558, 1590, 1641, 1624, 1596, 1654, 1618, 1668, 1659, 1550, 1616, 1616, 1671, 1618, 1668, 1659, 1619, 1689, 1650, 1699, 1685, 1699, 1699 and 1774 are included under the topic Early Askew
34. REUBIN O’DONOVAN Askew was born September 11, 1928 in Muskogee, Oklahoma
35. Frank Askew abt 1869 Egton & Newland, Lancashire, England - 03 Dec 1926 managed by Reginald Askew last edited 19 Apr 2018 John Askew 21 Apr 1712 HAWTHWAITE Broughton In Furness, Lancashire, England - 15 Sep 1793
36. Get a Askew mug for your brother-in-law Manafort.
37. Examples of Askew in a sentence
38. I’ve tried straightening out the poster three times, but it still looks Askew
39. 🔊 Even though his toupee is almost always Askew, he is a funny, endearing character who is welcome at any get-together
40. Hancock Askew & Co, LLP is committed to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 AA)
41. For more information or if you need assistance, please contact [email protected]Askew.com .
42. Hancock Askew has just been named one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation, and has been named one of 100 Best Accounting Firms to Work For eight years running
43. Askew - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
44. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Askew adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (twisted, crooked) torcido/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").
45. Askew definition: Something that is Askew is not straight or not level with what it should be level with
46. Askew 'Askew' is a 5 letter word starting with A and ending with W Crossword clues for 'Askew' Clue Answer; Askew (8) LOPSIDED: Not symmetrical (8) Unevenly balanced (8) Not straight (8) Leaning or inclined to one side (8) At an oblique angle (5) Askew: A bit off (5) Twisted to one side (5)
47. This is the kind of Askew that I can never get my clothes to look, that sort of sexy, perfect Askew.
48. Askew LONDON Crystal & Faux Pearl Chandelier Drop Earrings Designer Signed Statement Vintage Retro Wedding Bridal Gift REDUCED Hattons
49. Favorite Add to Askew Glassed Venetian Earrings TheHirstCollection
50. Professor, Director of the Askew School of Public Administration and Policy Arnold L
51. 1 review of Askew Appliance "We searched the big name stores prior to moving to Eatonton, Ga
52. We were planning on taking advantage of the Lowes Black Friday prices when we dropped by Askew Appliances in Greensboro
53. Tim Askew showed us the appliances we wanted and others and finally gave us an installed quote
54. 1 day ago · Askew began his career in the nonprofit sector, serving as a Program Officer at New Visions for Public Schools helping to administer the first Annenberg Foundation Grant to form corporate
55. Nothing knocked over or even Askew.: Rien de renversé ou même de travers.: Over a million copies sold, and your hat is Askew.: Plus d'un million d'exemplaires vendus, et votre calot est de travers.: Everything is Askew in this theatre sculpted from the ephemeral - a cobbled-together horse, a cardboard crown, sumptuous robes and tunics from an ageless epic.
56. Rilla Askew, an Oklahoman herself, has written a compelling history of this time and place
57. He was staring down, apparently reading something, with his glasses Askew …
58. The Askew School seeks to admit a diverse group of students with strong academic ability and career potential who are committed to public service
59. Find 23 ways to say Askew, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
60. Oliver Askew kept racing after suffering a concussion in the "hardest hit I've ever had" in the Indy 500, the IndyCar rookie told the Associated Press.
61. Askew does character like no American writer and her nuanced vision of the relationship between the Big Picture and the lives of regular Americans is unrivaled.” (Paul Ingram, Prairie Lights, Iowa City, IA) “The nature of this wonderful novel is, like the characters, raucous, messy, uncertain and foolishly brave.
Askew: inclined or twisted to one side. Synonyms: aslant, atilt, awry… Antonyms: even, level, straight… Find the right word.
1. 1. 1. crooked, awry, oblique, lopsided, off-centre, cockeyed (informal), skewwhiff (Brit. informal) She stood there, hat askew. 1. crookedly, to one side, awry, obliquely, off-centre, aslant Some of the doors hung askew. Want to thank TFD for its existence?
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia . To one side or out of proper alignment; awry: rugs lying askew. [Probably a- + skew .] American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'askew.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback . Get Word of the Day delivered to your inbox!