ascertain (verb) · ascertains (third person present) · ascertained (past tense) · ascertained (past participle) · ascertaining (present participle)
1. Ascertain definition is - to find out or learn with certainty
2. How to use Ascertain in a sentence
3. Synonym Discussion of Ascertain.
4. Ascertain definition, to find out definitely; learn with certainty or assurance; determine: to Ascertain the facts
5. Some common synonyms of Ascertain are determine, discover, learn, and unearth
6. While all these words mean "to find out what one did not previously know," Ascertain implies effort to find the facts or the truth proceeding from awareness of ignorance or uncertainty
7. To discover a fact; to make certain: The fire department has been unable to Ascertain the cause of the fire
8. (Definition of Ascertain from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge …
9. Ascertain is a verb that means to find out something
10. You might have to go to the bank to Ascertain if there is any money in your account
11. Information that is Ascertained …
12. Find 50 ways to say Ascertain, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
13. To Ascertain is defined as to verify or confirm something
14. An example of Ascertain is to step on a scale to determine your correct weight.
15. Definition of Ascertain in the Definitions.net dictionary
16. What does Ascertain mean? Information and translations of Ascertain in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
17. Examples of Ascertain in a sentence Detective Jimmy was able to quickly Ascertain the suspect was not being honest with him
18. Define Ascertain by Webster's Dictionary, WordNet Lexical Database, Dictionary of Computing, Legal Dictionary, Medical Dictionary, Dream Dictionary.
19. Legal definition for Ascertain: To fix; to render certain or definite; to estimate and determine; to clear of doubt or obscurity
20. A team from the air accident investigation unit is still trying to Ascertainthe cause of the crash
21. A fire investigation team will try to Ascertainthe exact cause but it is thought to have been an electrical fault.
22. Synonyms for Ascertain include discern, identify, recognise, recognize, understand, comprehend, see, confirm, grasp and appreciate
23. Ascertain Forensics is a leading provider of expert toxicology services, training and research
24. Determine: to Ascertain the facts
25. To find out something SYN establish A postmortem was ordered to try to Ascertain the cause of death
26. Ascertain whether/what/how etc Tests were conducted to Ascertain whether pollution levels have dropped
27. Ascertain that Police had Ascertained that the dead man knew his killer
28. Ascertain something from somebody/something You should Ascertain the level of insurance cover from the car rental …
29. ‘management should Ascertain whether adequate funding can be provided’ ‘A second objective was to attempt to Ascertain the limits to survival in terms of loss of conductivity.’ ‘It would be appreciated if you would Ascertain this information in a timely manner.’
30. Synonyms for Ascertain in Free Thesaurus
31. 34 synonyms for Ascertain: find out, learn, discover, determine, confirm, settle, identify
32. Ascertain - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
33. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Ascertain [sth] ⇒ vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat." (verify) verificar⇒ vtr verbo transitivo: Verbo que requiere de un objeto directo ("di la verdad", "encontré una moneda")
34. Ascertain Technologies is a well-established company since 2008, headquartered in Malaysia.With over a decade of years of experience and expertise in banking products and services, we e mpower industries with process automation, payment domain, and enable robust growth in the digital market
35. Ascertain definition: establish after a calculation, investigation, experiment, survey, or study synonyms: admeasure, redetermine, numerate, gauge, see, determine
36. Ascertain something It can be difficult to Ascertain the facts
37. Ascertain that… I Ascertained that the driver was not badly hurt
38. It is Ascertained that… It should be Ascertained that the plans comply with the law
39. Ascertain what, whether, etc… The police are trying to Ascertain what really happened.
40. Ascertain (v.) early 15c., "to inform, to give assurance" (a sense now obsolete), from Anglo-French acerteiner, Old French acertener "to assure, certify" (13c.), from a-"to" (see ad-) + certain "sure, assured" (see certain).Meaning "find out for sure by experiment or investigation" is first attested 1794.
41. Definition of Ascertain written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
42. See 3 authoritative translations of Ascertain in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
43. I'm going to Ascertain the truth
44. A postmortem was ordered to try to Ascertain the cause of death
45. The police are trying to Ascertain what really happened
46. It can be difficult to Ascertain the facts
47. Ascertain definition: If you Ascertain the truth about something, you find out what it is, especially by making Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
48. A noun or pronoun can be used between "Ascertain" and "from." I Ascertained a lot about my daughter's new boyfriend from our first dinner together.
49. Topline results from the Ascertain trial of the cedazuridine and decitabine combination in patients with intermediate and high-risk myelodysplastic syndromes or chronic myelomoncyctis leukemia showed that the phase III trial met its primary endpoint
50. If you Ascertain the truth about something, you find out what it is, especially by making a deliberate effort to do so
51. Through doing this, the teacher will be able to Ascertain the extent to which the child understands what he is reading
52. Once they had Ascertained that he was not a spy, they agreed
53. Ascertain 'Ascertain' is a 9 letter word starting with A and ending with N Crossword clues for 'Ascertain' Clue Answer; Find out for sure (9) Ascertain: Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Ascertain We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Ascertain will help you to finish your crossword today
54. Ascertainment: ( as'ser-tān'ment ), In epidemiologic and genetic research, the method by which a person, pedigree, or cluster is brought to the attention of an investigator; Ascertainment has a bearing on the interpretation of segregation ratios, concordance rates, linkage analysis, and other probability features.
55. Find 50 ways to say Ascertain, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
56. Definitions and Meaning of Ascertain in English Ascertain verb
57. Definition of Ascertain (verb): find out something
58. Definition and synonyms of Ascertain from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
59. This is the British English definition of Ascertain.View American English definition of Ascertain.
60. To find out the true or correct information about something Ascertain something It can be difficult to Ascertain the facts
61. Ascertain that… I Ascertained that the driver was not badly hurt
62. It is Ascertained that… It should be Ascertained that the plans comply with the law
63. Ascertain what, whether, etc… The police are trying to Ascertain what really happened.
64. Ascertain: To discover with certainty, as through examination or experimentation
65. Ascertain = determine When the new wore off his grandfather's watch, and carrying it became a day's burdensome task, Jem no longer felt the necessity of Ascertaining the hour every five minutes
66. To Ascertain is defined as to verify or confirm something
67. An example of Ascertain is to step on a scale to determine your correct weight
68. Translation for 'to Ascertain' in the free English-Polish dictionary and many other Polish translations.
69. This is a way for all States Members of the United Nations to Ascertain that our national measures are as optimal as possible
70. Synonyms for Ascertain in English including definitions, and related words.
71. After consulting a tree to Ascertain from its lichen which way was south, and taking no lip from the subordinates who ventured to correct him, Colonel Maycomb set out on a purposeful journey to rout the enemy and entangled his troops so far northwest in the forest primeval that they were eventually rescued by settlers moving inland.
72. This entry about Ascertain has been published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 (CC BY 3.0) licence, which permits unrestricted use and reproduction, provided the author or authors of the Ascertain entry and the Encyclopedia of Law are in each case credited as the source of the Ascertain …