arraign (verb) · arraigns (third person present) · arraigned (past tense) · arraigned (past participle) · arraigning (present participle)
1. Arraign definition is - to call (a defendant) before a court to answer to an indictment : charge.
2. Arraign synonyms, Arraign pronunciation, Arraign translation, English dictionary definition of Arraign
3. Call before a court to answer to an indictment; to accuse or charge: They will Arraign the suspect in the morning.
4. Arraign definition, to call or bring before a court to answer to an indictment
5. Call before a court to answer to an indictment; to accuse or charge: They will Arraign the suspect in …
6. Find 16 ways to say Arraign, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
7. Arraignment: A criminal proceeding at which the defendant is officially called before a court of competent jurisdiction, informed of the offense charged in the complaint, information, indictment, or other charging document, and asked to enter a plea of guilty, not guilty, or as otherwise permitted by law
8. Arraign - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
9. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Arraign [sb] ⇒ vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat." (law: take to court) procesar⇒ vtr verbo transitivo: Verbo que requiere de un objeto directo ("di la verdad", "encontré una moneda")
10. If the defendant wants an attorney present, the court cannot Arraign the defendant without giving the defendant an opportunity to obtain counsel or appointing a public defender
11. At Arraignment, the court must inform the defendant of the charges against him
12. Arraignment: (ă-rān′mĕnt) A procedure in which an accused person is brought before the court to plead to a criminal charge
13. Arraign is a leading software development company in Bangalore that aims to scale up your business with innovative app development solutions
14. What is the definition of Arraign? What is the meaning of Arraign? How do you use Arraign in a sentence? What are synonyms for Arraign?
15. Arraign: 1 v accuse of a wrong or an inadequacy Type of: accuse , criminate , impeach , incriminate bring an accusation against; level a charge against v call before a court to answer an indictment
16. Definition of Arraign in the Definitions.net dictionary
17. What does Arraign mean? Information and translations of Arraign in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions …
18. Arraign Meaning: "to call to account," also "to call up on a criminal charge," from Old French araisnier "speak to,… See definitions of Arraign.
19. See authoritative translations of Arraign in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
20. What is the definition of Arraign? What is the meaning of Arraign? How do you use Arraign in a sentence? What are synonyms for Arraign?
21. Arraign definition: If someone is Arraigned on a particular charge , they are brought before a court of law Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
22. Definition of Arraign verb in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
23. An Arraignment is a hearing at which a person accused of a crime is called before the court to hear the charges against him
24. In many jurisdictions, the first appearance a defendant makes before the court, often for the purpose of requesting bail, is referred to as an Arraignment, however a true Arraignment occurs after the defendant has been arrested and formally charged.
25. Arraign From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Related topics: Law Arraign ar‧raign / əˈreɪn / verb [ transitive ] SCL law to make someone come to court to hear what their crime is Arraign somebody on something Thompson was Arraigned on a charge of murder
26. — Arraignment noun [ countable, uncountable ] → See Verb table Origin
27. All the stats, form and information about race horse - Arraign available at RACING.COM – The first destination for Australian Horse Racing.
28. Conjugate Arraign in every English verb tense including present, past, and future.
29. Synonyms for Arraign in Free Thesaurus
30. 15 synonyms for Arraign: accuse, charge, prosecute, denounce, indict, impeach, incriminate, call to
31. Examples of Arraign in a sentence
32. His lawyer was not present when the suspect was set to Arraign
33. 🔊 They wanted to Arraign the thief for stealing cars on the same day he was arrested
34. 🔊 Before he was set to Arraign, the judge liked to carefully review each case
35. 🔊 The judge had to travel to the hospital to Arraign the injured suspect
36. Definition of Arraign written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
37. Definition of Arraign verb in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
38. Synonyms for Arraign include attack, censure, condemn, criticise, criticize, admonish, castigate, chastise, lambaste and pillory
39. Antonyms for Arraign include praise, commend, laud, compliment, flatter, approve of, approve, extoll, extol and acclaim
40. See more usage examples of Arraign in Vocabulary.com’s dictionary
41. To "Arraign" was to summon ad rationes to the pleadings.Playful Poems
42. And oh, how many good men and women have I heard bitterly Arraign society in that in the begetting of children it does not exercise the judgment which it exercises in breeding its horses and its dogs!
43. According to sources, Libyan officials plan to immediately Arraign Gaddafi and put him on trial
44. Find 16 ways to say Arraign, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
45. Arraign translation in English - Spanish Reverso dictionary, see also 'Arraignment',arrange',arrant',arranged', examples, definition, conjugation
46. What does Arraign mean? The definition of Arraign is to bring a person in front of a judge to formally charge him with a crime and to record his
47. Future perfect; I: will have Arraigned: you: will have Arraigned: he, she, it: will have Arraigned: we: will have Arraigned: you: will have Arraigned: they: will have
48. Definition of Arraign (verb): order someone to court to be charged
49. Definition and synonyms of Arraign from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
50. This is the British English definition of Arraign.View American English definition of Arraign.
51. How to say Arraign in Spanish - Translation of Arraign to Spanish by Nglish, comprehensive English – Spanish Dictionary, Translation and English learning by Britannica
52. The anti-graft commission will on Wednesday Arraign a former Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Mr
53. Find more ways to say Arraign, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at T, the world's most trusted free thesaurus
54. English words and Examples of Usage use "Arraign" in a sentence They also Arraign defendants accused of felonies who are
55. Translation for 'to Arraign' in the free English-Polish dictionary and many other Polish translations.
56. Meaning and definitions of Arraign, translation of Arraign in Malayalam language with similar and opposite words
57. Spoken pronunciation of Arraign in English and in Malayalam
58. Tags for the entry "Arraign" What Arraign means in Malayalam, Arraign meaning in Malayalam, Arraign definition, explanation, pronunciations and examples of Arraign in
59. Customs Arraign four suspected smugglers in Ogun The Punch
60. 1 day ago · A Federal High Court on Monday granted leave to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to Arraign the wife of a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) Cecilia Osipitan, for …
Legal Definition of arraign. : to bring (a defendant) before a judge or magistrate to hear the charges and to plead usually either guilty or not guilty - compare indict. Note: For a person to be formally arraigned, he or she must be called by name before a judge or magistrate.
Arraignment is the court proceeding at which the defendant is informed about the charges and is asked to enter a plea (typically, guilty or not guilty). Trial is the court proceeding at which evidence is presented and guilt, or lack thereof, is determined.
The definition of arraign is to bring a person in front of a judge to formally charge him with a crime and to record his response. To accuse someone of a crime is an example of arraign. YourDictionary definition and usage example. "Arraign.".
An arraignment is the first time a defendant appears in court. At an arraignment, the judge tells the defendant what the charges are against him and his constitutional rights, and informs him that if he cannot afford to hire a lawyer, the court will appoint a lawyer free of charge.