ARRACK [ˈerək, əˈrak]
arrack (noun) · arak (noun)
1. Arrack is an alcoholic liquor typically distilled from the sap of the coconut palm or from rice
2. What does Arrack mean? Any of various strong alcoholic liquors of South Asia and Southeast Asia, usually distilled from fermented palm sap, ric
3. Arrack is a generic term used for a variety of distilled spirits that are often unrelated and can be made from different ingredients
4. The two dominant varieties include Ceylon Arrack that is distilled from fermented juice of the coconut palm and Batavian Arrack that is made from molasses.
5. Arrack is made from only two ingredients: water and the distilled sap of unopened coconut flowers from the Sri Lankan coconut palm
6. (Sri Lankan Arrack, by the way, is not the same as arak, the anise-based drink popular in the Mediterranean and North Africa, and it’s not Batavia Arrack, the Indonesian spirit distilled from sugarcane and red rice.)
7. Arrack Arrack, although similar in name to Arak made in the Middle East, is a completely different spirit, which is often referred to as the ‘rum’ of southern Asia.
8. Mary McMahon Date: February 11, 2021 Arrack is a hard liquor popular in Indonesia and Sri Lanka.
9. Arrack is a type of alcohol produced in Asia and parts of the Middle East
10. Arak or Arrack? The terminology for arak has become confusing as the word spread across borders and cultures
11. Arrack definition, any of various spirituous liquors distilled in the East Indies and other parts of the East and Middle East from the fermented sap of toddy palms, or from fermented molasses, rice, or other materials
12. Arrack's makers have also had to survive multiple Sri Lankan governments who have taken the view that while necessary for revenue, the local alcohol industry is …
13. Arrack definition is - an Asian alcoholic beverage like rum that is distilled from a fermented mash of malted rice with toddy or molasses.
14. NOTES Arrack is also used for both internal and external medicinal purposes
15. Another note: In Indonesia, Arrack can vary widely in strength and toxicity
16. From the late 17th to 19th century, in an age when "Punch" was a celebration of all things then exotic—citrus, sugar, and spice—no Punch was without a true Batavia Arrack.
17. “Batavia Arrack is the world’s first luxury spirit; the first booze somebody thought was worth shipping halfway around the world, and to drink a bowl of Punch made with it is to see why that is.
18. Ceylon Arrack is a traditional Sri Lankan spirit distilled from the sap of the coconut flower, which can only be collected by hand, and aged in Sri Lankan oak casks
19. While Batavia Arrack from Java is the best-known style outside Indonesia, with Arrack from the tourist island of Bali second, rice Arracks are commonly sold
20. ‘Paunch was a chilled blend of Arrack, a distilled palm sap, with sugar, citrus, water and spices.’ ‘A unique Lebanese alcoholic creation is arak, a colorless, …
21. What is Arrack? Arrack, additionally spelled arak, is a distilled alcoholic drink typically generated in South Asia and South East Asia, made from either the fermented sap of coconut flowers, sugarcane, grain (e.g
22. Arrack synonyms, Arrack pronunciation, Arrack translation, English dictionary definition of Arrack
23. Arrack, to me, is the sound of alcoholic ingenuity, and in an increasingly sterile, professionalized world, I find that refreshing, in a “Mad Max” sort of way.
24. Batavia Arrack remains, undoubtedly, a more divisive spirit than others that are simply misunderstood, forgotten or pigeonholed
25. The anti-Arrack movement was a mass uprising of women against the production and sale of country liquor – Arrack
26. Batavia Arrack is the most closely defined Arrack, and the one you’re most likely to encounter in your local liquor store—look for bottles from van Oosten and By the Dutch (pictured above)
27. For that reason, we’ll focus our “basics” around Batavia Arrack
28. Batavia Arrack has no relation nor taste similarities to spirits called Arak from Lebenon or Sri Lanka
29. Before the age of cocktails we had punch, and no spirit was more celebrated and sought for punch than Batavia Arrack
30. The trade of Batavia Arrack dates as far back as the early 17th century, when Dutch colonialists of the
31. Arrack is a cheap and unrefined form of liquor, which can double the ill-effects caused due to refined liquor
32. Moreover, the fermented ingredients in Arrack can be dangerous, too.
33. The Arrack are an alien race from the Space-Flight Simulator game, DarkStar One
34. The Arrack are easily the most annoying race in the game, due to their monotonous attitude and dedication to their bureaucratic regulations
35. The Arrack society is as complex as an ant hive, with a set of
36. Arrack definition: a coarse spirit distilled in various Asian countries from grain, rice , sugar cane , etc Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
37. Arrack is therefore one of the few/rare spirits in the world which is a distillate of a 100% natural fermentation
38. Unlike 'whisky', Arrack is distilled at approx high strength
39. The purity of the drink is evident in the smooth finish when sipping Ceylon Arrack neat.
40. • Arrack (arack) is a coarse liquor manufactured in the East Indies from a large variety of substances • Arak any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented …
41. Be the first to review “Apple Arrack 750ml” Cancel reply
42. Arrack is a drink in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
43. Old Arrack Embodying the timeless traditions of the Sri Lankan Arrack blend, this fine Arrack is made from the purest coconut spirits and allowed to mature in seasoned Teak vats, with the end result being smooth and suave.
44. Arrack, distilled from rice or palm leaves, was one of the most interesting things they found in the land
45. Find the perfect Arrack stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images
46. Select from premium Arrack of the highest quality.
47. Arrack - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
48. “Batavia Arrack” is a distillate based on sugar-cane molasses, produced exclusively on the island of Java, Indonesia
49. Arrack: 1 n any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses Synonyms: arak Type of: John Barleycorn , booze , hard drink , hard liquor , liquor , spirits , strong drink an alcoholic beverage that is distilled rather than fermented
Unlike arak, the word arrack has been considered by some experts to be derived from areca nut, a palm seed originating in India from the areca tree and used as the basis for many varieties of arrack. In 1838, Samuel Morewood's work on the histories of liquors was published.
Arrack, a spirituous liquor, especially that distilled from the juice of the cocoa-nut tree and from fermented rice.
Definition of arrack. : an Asian alcoholic beverage like rum that is distilled from a fermented mash of malted rice with toddy or molasses.
There are two primary styles of Arrack that are very different from one another: Batavia Arrack is often clear in color but has a flavor profile more similar to dark rum, with a distinctive "funk" or "hogo" imparted to it from fermented red rice.