1. Armistice definition is - temporary stopping of open acts of warfare by agreement between the opponents : truce
Armistice, Acts, Agreement
2. How to use Armistice in a sentence
3. Armistice definition, a temporary suspension of hostilities by agreement of the warring parties; truce: World War I ended with the Armistice of 1918
4. Armistice, an agreement for the cessation of active hostilities between two or more belligerents
Armistice, An, Agreement, Active
5. Generally, the terms, scope, and duration of an Armistice are determined by the contracting belligerents
And, An, Armistice, Are
6. An Armistice agreement may involve a partial, temporary, or total cessation of hostilities.
An, Armistice, Agreement
7. Although fighting continued elsewhere, the Armistice between Germany and the Allies was the first step to ending WWI.
Although, Armistice, And, Allies
8. But the war ended with an Armistice, an agreement in which both sides agree to stop fighting, rather than a surrender
An, Armistice, Agreement, Agree
9. For both sides, an Armistice was the …
10. Armistice Capital is based out of New York
11. Armistice Capital is a hedge fund with 4 clients and discretionary assets under management (AUM) of $2,019,674,000 (Form ADV from 2021-02-01)
Armistice, And, Assets, Aum, Adv
12. Armistice Capital is a global, long/short, value-oriented and event-driven hedge fund focused primarily on the health care and consumer sectors
13. Armistice that meant the end of the war
14. Many soldiers believed the Armistice only a temporary measure and that the war would soon go on
15. Armistice synonyms, Armistice pronunciation, Armistice translation, English dictionary definition of Armistice
16. Delivery & Pickup Options - 55 reviews of Armistice Coffee Roaster "Super cool spot
17. And its origins date back to Armistice Day 1918, which marked the cessation of hostilities on the Western Front in WWI
18. The 1949 Armistice Agreements are a set of Armistice agreements signed during 1949 between Israel and neighboring Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, and Syria to formally end the official hostilities of the 1948 Arab–Israeli War, and establish Armistice lines between Israeli forces and Jordanian-Iraqi forces, also known as the Green Line.
Armistice, Agreements, Are, And, Arab, Also, As
19. Examples of Armistice in a sentence
20. The accidental firing of the missile broke the Armistice and destroyed the chance of peace between the two nations
Accidental, Armistice, And
21. 🔊 During the Armistice, the two world leaders were able to negotiate a peace treaty
22. 🔊 If we are lucky, the enemies will come together during the Armistice and end the war
Are, Armistice, And
23. Korean War - Korean War - Armistice: The battle of the Kŭmsong salient ended the shooting war
24. They began to plan for an Armistice signing
25. Armistice: 1 n a state of peace agreed to between opponents so they can discuss peace terms Synonyms: cease-fire , truce Type of: peace the state prevailing during the absence of war
Armistice, Agreed, Absence
26. The Armistice was signed on 27 July 1953, and was designed to “ensure a complete cessation of hostilities and of all acts of armed force in Korea until a final peaceful settlement is achieved.”
Armistice, And, All, Acts, Armed, Achieved
27. 2 synonyms of Armistice from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 6 related words, definitions, and antonyms
Armistice, And, Antonyms
28. Find another word for Armistice
29. Armistice: a temporary stopping of fighting.
30. THE KOREAN WAR Armistice AGREEMENT Panmunjom, Korea, July 27, 1953 Agreement between the Commander-in-Chief, United Nations Command, on the one hand, and the Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army and the Commander of the Chinese People's volunteers, on the other hand, concerning a military Armistice in Korea
Armistice, Agreement, And, Army
31. The Armistice Demarcation Line is not to be construed in any sense as a political or territorial boundary, and is delineated without prejudice to rights, claims and positions of either Party to the Armistice as regards ultimate settlement of the Palestine question
Armistice, Any, As, And
32. The basic purpose of the Armistice Demarcation Line is to delineate the line
33. The Armistice was thus a time of both pleasure and of almost unbearable pain
Armistice, And, Almost
34. An Armistice became effective on 11 November 1918 and all surviving German submarines were surrendered
An, Armistice, And, All
35. Bulgaria signed an Armistice with the Allies on 29 September 1918, following a successful Allied advance in Macedonia.
An, Armistice, Allies, Allied, Advance
36. ‘An Armistice was signed at Compiègne in November 1918; fighting at once stopped.’ ‘The fighting lasted until July 27 1953 when an Armistice was signed.’ ‘In September 1943, when the Italians signed an Armistice, he escaped and reached safety in Switzerland.’
An, Armistice, At, And
37. The track now also appears on the group's second album, Armistice
Also, Appears, Album, Armistice
38. Produced by Dennis Herring (Modest Mouse, Elvis Costello, The Hives), Armistice melds moments of beauty with big hooks and booming vocals
39. Text of the Korean War Armistice Agreement Bureau of Arms Control Washington, DC July 27, 1953 Agreement between the Commander-in-Chief, United Nations Command, on the one hand, and the Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army and the Commander of the Chinese People's volunteers, on the other hand, concerning a military Armistice in Korea.
Armistice, Agreement, Arms, And, Army
40. Armistice WITH GERMANY-NOVEMBER 11, 1918 13 FINANCIAL CLAUSES XIX
41. While the Armistice lasts nopublic securities shall be removed by the enemy
42. Find 7 ways to say Armistice, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Armistice, Along, Antonyms, And, At
43. WW1 Armistice for kids Woodrow Wilson was the 28th American President who served in office from March 4, 1913 to March 4, 1921
44. One of the important events during his presidency was the WW1 Armistice.
45. After four terrible years, fighting in the First World War finally ended with the signing of an Armistice between Germany and the Allies on 11 November 1918
After, An, Armistice, And, Allies
46. New Zealanders celebrated enthusiastically, despite having recently celebrated the surrenders of the three other Central Powers and the premature news of an Armistice with Germany.
And, An, Armistice
47. Armistice is an explosive 8-mission story campaign that brings Season Two of Battlestar Galactica Deadlock to a thrilling conclusion! Unravel Clothos’ plot for dominion, and take part in the legendary Operation Raptor Talon.
Armistice, An, And
48. The Armistice of 1918 - The 1918 and 1940 Armistices museum
Armistice, And, Armistices
49. Discover the main events marking the signing of the Armistice of 11 November 1918.
50. On 11 November 1918, an Armistice came into effect ending the war in Western Europe – but this did not mean the return of peace
51. The Armistice was effectively a German surrender, as its conditions ended any possibility of Germany continuing the war.
Armistice, As, Any
52. Terms of Armistice set forth in the following Articles and Paragraphs, which said conditions and terms are intended to be purely military in character and to pertain solely to the belligerents in Korea.-1-AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF, UNITED NATIONS COMMAND, ON THE ONE HAND, AND
Armistice, Articles, And, Are, Agreement
53. Armistice (n.) "temporary suspension of hostilities by agreement of the parties," 1707, from French Armistice (1680s), coined on the model of Latin solstitium (see solstice), etc., from Latin arma "arms" (see arm (n.2)) + -stitium (used only in compounds), from PIE *ste-ti-, suffixed form of root *sta-"to stand, make or be firm."
Armistice, Agreement, Arma, Arms, Arm
54. Armistice Agreement becomes effective, withdraw all of their military forces, supplies, and equipment from the Demilitarized Zone except as otherwise provided herein
Armistice, Agreement, All, And, As
55. All demolitions, minefields, wire entanglements, and other hazards to the safe movement of personnel of the Military Armistice
All, And, Armistice