1. Definition of Aril : an exterior covering or appendage of some seeds (as of the yew) that develops after fertilization as an outgrowth from the ovule stalk Other Words from Aril Example Sentences Learn More about Aril Other Words from Aril
2. Aril, accessory covering of certain seeds that commonly develops from the seed stalk, found in both angiosperms and gymnosperms
3. It is often a bright-coloured fleshy envelope, as in such woody plants as the yews and nutmeg, but smaller seed appendages may also be considered Arils, such as the spongy outgrowths on castor beans.
4. Aril [ ăr ′əl ] A fleshy seed cover which arises from the funiculus (the stalk of the ovule). Arils, such the red berry-like Arils of the yew, are often brightly colored to attract animals who eat them and disperse …
5. 1. Aril - fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed plant part, plant structure - any part of a plant or fungus Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection
6. Aril® is an allograft tissue intended for homologous use regulated by 21 CFR Part 1271 and Section 361 of the PHS Act
7. Aril® is configured as a precision cut single layer of amnion shaped as an ellipse or disc.
8. The Aril Society International is a group of iris enthusiasts from around the world that are devoted to promoting the Aril and Arilbred irises
9. Aril Technologies Limited is an Engineering, Technology and Procurement company incorporated under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, with registration no
10. 1. Aril - fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed plant part, plant structure - any part of a plant or fungus Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection
11. Khairil Azam bin Pilus (born 15 November 1985), better known by his stage name Aril, is a Malaysian singer, actor, dancer and TV host, also known by his stage name of Aril
12. Aril is the younger brother of late fellow artist Izwan Pilus.
13. Translucent Aril is a major physiological disorder that develops in the field before harvest
14. What is an Aril? It’s simply the fleshy covering of the seeds found inside a pomegranate
15. The translucent, ruby-colored flesh coats a tiny, white or pink seed, but the entire Aril can be eaten
16. How to Eat Pomegranate Seeds (Arils)
17. The Aril is a growth from the extremity of the seed-stalk, or from the placenta when there is no seed-stalk
18. THE ELEMENTS OF BOTANY ASA GRAY “Mace” is the “Aril” or covering of the seed of the same plant
19. Aril: a botanical term used to denote an accessory seed coating that may form a fleshy, cuplike structure around the immature seed (ovule), as in yew and nutmeg
20. The Aril is often brightly colored and edible.
21. Aril 4, 2018 (KHARTOUM) - The Sudanese government and two armed groups from Darfur region are expected to meet in Berlin to negotiate a pre-negotiation agreement, Sudan Tribune has learned Wednesday
22. Aril stands for Automatic Return Item List (US Army) Suggest new definition
23. This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories: Military and Government; See other definitions of Aril
24. Aril in British English (ˈærɪl) or Arillus (æˈrɪləs)
25. The fruit flesh, which is actually the Aril, is translucent, whitish or very pale pink, with a sweet, mildly acidic flavor very reminiscent of grapes.
26. The Aril Society International is a group of iris enthusiasts from around the world that are devoted to promoting the Aril and Arilbred irises.
27. Aril was known for his infectious smile, quick wit, great sense of humor and a contagious laugh
28. He touched people with his kindness and acceptance, and Aril was an inspiration and mentor to many of the athletes he coached and students he taught.
29. See authoritative translations of Aril in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
30. Definition of Aril in the Definitions.net dictionary
31. What does Aril mean? Information and translations of Aril in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
32. In botany, the Aril refers to the hairy and fleshy outgrowth of a fertilized ovule or seed
33. Derived from the hilum or funiculus, the Aril can only become conspicuous after fertilization
34. In nutmeg, for example, the Aril is characterized by a brightly-colored mace.
35. Aril (plural Arils) A tissue surrounding the seed in certain fruits such as pomegranates
36. Arillate; Arillode; Translations
37. Reallifepixel commented on the word Aril
38. An Aril (or Arillus) is any specialized outgrowth from the funiculus (attachment point of the seed) (or hilum) that covers or is attached to the seed
39. Aril A usually fleshy and often brightly coloured outgrowth from the funicle or hilum of a seed, a third integument.Arils probably often aid seed dispersal, by drawing attention to the seed after the fruit has dehisced, and by providing food as an attractant and reward to the disperser.The Aril of the nutmeg (see MYRISTICA) produces the spice mace, and the seed itself is the nutmeg.
40. What does Aril mean? A fleshy, usually brightly colored cover of a seed, usually arising from the funiculus
41. A list of words that end with Aril.We search a large Scrabble dictionary for words ending with the letter or word you enter, and generate all words ending with Aril (words with the suffix Aril)
42. Also try our list of Words that start with Aril, and words that contain Aril, and Synonyms of Aril.
43. Two very different types of irises are grouped together under the term "Aril"
44. Aril was known for his infectious smile, quick wit, great sense of humor and a contagious laugh
45. Aril: 1 n fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed Type of: plant part , plant structure any part of a plant or fungus
46. What does Aril stand for? List of 9 Aril definitions
47. Top Aril abbreviation meanings updated January 2021
48. Aril vă oferă consiliere personalizată
49. Synonyms for Aril include integument, skin, hide, pelt, coat, envelope, fur, hair, wool and fleece
50. Aril Meaning: "accessory covering of seeds," 1783, from Modern Latin Arillus, from Medieval Latin Arilli, Spanish… See definitions of Aril.
51. Aril Laury is a Belgian composer and arranger
52. Aril: ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) Retakaful International Ltd
53. Aril: Association for Religion and Intellectual Life (New York, NY, USA) Aril: Automatic Return Item List (US Army) Aril: Amiantit Rubber Industries, Ltd
54. (Saudi Arabia) Aril: Arrival Intermediate Location (rail car event movement code) Aril: Advanced Retractable
55. Mace, spice consisting of the dried Aril, or lacy covering, of the nutmeg fruit of Myristica fragrans, a tropical evergreen tree
56. Aril Group managing director Susan Potter said: "The Asha's restaurant team are delighted that their contemporary Indian menu has proven popular with the judges and the public
57. Red Aril is a privately held company funded by institutional investors
58. For more information, visit redAril.com
An aril (pronounced /ˈærɪl/ ), also called an arillus, is a specialized outgrowth from a seed that partly or completely covers the seed. An arillode or false aril is sometimes distinguished: whereas an aril grows from the attachment point of the seed to the ovary (from the funiculus or hilum ), an arillode forms from...
Arils are common in members of the arrowroot family ( Marantaceae) and plants of the genus Oxalis. The red flesh surrounding each pomegranate seed is an edible aril, as is the white flesh of ackee, lychee, and rambutan (all three of which are members of the family Sapindaceae).
Aril, accessory covering of certain seeds that commonly develops from the seed stalk, found in both angiosperms and gymnosperms.
: an exterior covering or appendage of some seeds (as of the yew) that develops after fertilization as an outgrowth from the ovule stalk. Other Words from aril Example Sentences Learn More about aril.