1. Hard, difficult, Arduous mean demanding great exertion or effort
2. The difficult ascent of the mountain Arduous stresses the need of laborious and persevering exertion
Ascent, Arduous, And
3. Arduous definition, requiring great exertion; laborious; difficult: an Arduous undertaking
4. Arduous adjective difficult, trying, hard, tough, tiring, severe, painful, exhausting, punishing, harsh, taxing, heavy, steep, formidable, fatiguing, rigorous, troublesome, gruelling, strenuous, onerous, laborious, burdensome, backbreaking, toilsome The task was more Arduous than he had calculated.
5. The words difficult and hard are common synonyms of Arduous. While all three words mean "demanding great exertion or effort," Arduous stresses the need of laborious and persevering exertion
And, Are, Arduous, All
6. The Arduous task of rebuilding When could difficult be used to replace Arduous?
7. Difficult and tiring, or needing a great deal of effort: In those days, a trip to the West was an Arduous journey
And, An, Arduous
8. (Definition of Arduous from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge …
9. A harsh lockdown, one of the strictest in the world, created a humanitarian crisis of its own, pushing millions of migrant workers to take Arduous journeys back home on foot
10. Arduous was first used in English to mean "steep" or "difficult to climb." If you're an outdoorsman, hiking up a mountain is a lot of fun, but if you're a couch potato, it's an Arduous trek
11. Definition of Arduous demanding great effort or labor; difficult Examples of Arduous in a sentence Last semester was a piece of cake, but taking seven classes along with an internship this semester is going to be Arduous! 🔊
Arduous, Along, An
12. The Crossword Solver found 52 answers to the Arduous crossword clue
13. The North Korean famine (Korean: 조선기근), also known as the Arduous March or the March of Suffering (고난의 행군), was a period of mass starvation together with a general economic crisis from 1994 to 1998 in North Korea.
Also, As, Arduous
14. Arduous is defined as a sharp, high climb where reaching the top is a challenge
15. Everest is an example of an Arduous incline.
16. Arduous 'Arduous' is a 7 letter word starting with A and ending with S Crossword clues for 'Arduous' Clue Answer; Back-breaking (7) Arduous: Daunting: strenuous (7) Difficult to accomplish (7) Difficult to achieve (7) Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Arduous
Arduous, And, Answer, Accomplish, Achieve, Answers
17. Arduous - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
18. Arduous (adj.) 1530s, "hard to accomplish, difficult to do, attended with much labor," from Latin arduus "high, steep," also figuratively, "difficult, hard to reach," from PIE root *eredh- "high" (see ortho-)
Arduous, Adj, Accomplish, Attended, Arduus, Also
19. (Love of Life and Other Stories, by Jack London) The day had been long and Arduous, and he slept soundly and comfortably, though he growled and barked and wrestled with bad dreams
20. (The Call of the Wild, by Jack London) But it’s an Arduous task, said ICB professor and study coordinator Julio Cesar Batista Ferreira.
An, Arduous, And
21. Synonyms for Arduous include difficult, hard, heavy, taxing, tough, formidable, laborious, onerous, strenuous and trying
22. Involving a lot of strength and effort Arduous task/work the Arduous task of loading all the boxes into the van Arduous journey/voyage an Arduous journey through the mountains —Arduously adverb …
And, Arduous, All, An, Arduously, Adverb
23. /ˈɑːrdʒuəs/ involving a lot of effort and energy, especially over a period of time an Arduous journey across the Andes The work was Arduous.
And, An, Arduous, Across, Andes
24. Arduous means "difficult" and derives from the Latin arduus "high, steep"
Arduous, And, Arduus
25. The soldiers underwent an Arduous training before going into battle
26. The Arduous exercise is the culmination of their fieldcraft and military skills training
27. It is autumn and Father John Paul sets out on the Arduous annual pilgrimage to Barra's highest point to polish up the island's iconic statue.
Autumn, And, Arduous, Annual
28. Arduous adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (tiring, challenging) arduo, duro, faticoso agg aggettivo: Descrive o specifica un sostantivo: "Una persona fidata" - "Con un cacciavite piccolo" - "Questioni controverse"
Arduous, Adj, Adjective, An, Arduo, Agg, Aggettivo
29. Arduous journey His most Arduous journey was one of 15,000 miles through Siberia, ending in the Gulag archipelago
30. Arduous Attended with great labor, like the ascending of acclivities; difficult; laborious; as, an Arduous employment, task, or enterprise.; Arduous Steep and lofty, in a literal sense; hard to climb
Arduous, Attended, Ascending, Acclivities, As, An, And
31. "Those Arduous paths they trod." ***
32. Arduous definition: Something that is Arduous is difficult and tiring , and involves a lot of effort
33. How to say Arduous in English? Pronunciation of Arduous with 3 audio pronunciations, 31 synonyms, 5 meanings, 1 antonym, 13 translations, 13 sentences and more for Arduous.
Arduous, Audio, Antonym, And
34. Definition of Arduous adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
Arduous, Adjective, Advanced, American
35. The system caused widespread famine from the mid- to late 1990s, a period commonly known as the Arduous March
36. In this video segment from the Wide Angle film "A State of Mind," learn about the factors that led to the Arduous March and one family’s struggle to
Angle, About, Arduous, And
37. What is the definition of Arduous? What is the meaning of Arduous? How do you use Arduous in a sentence? What are synonyms for Arduous?
38. Find 36 ways to say Arduous, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Arduous, Along, Antonyms, And, At
39. Arduous WORK CalHR has defined “Arduous work” as unavoidable work, with a nonnegotiable deadline or extreme urgency, that exceeds the normal workweek and productivity, and that involves extremely heavy workload
Arduous, As, And
40. Definition of Arduous written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
Arduous, Audio, And
41. We found 18 answers for “Arduous”
42. This page shows answers to the clue Arduous, followed by ten definitions like “Difficult to accomplish”, “Requiring great exertion” and “Taxing to the utmost”.Synonyms for Arduous are for example backbreaking, difficult and …
Answers, Arduous, Accomplish, And, Are
43. 11 hours ago · Getting here was Arduous, unnecessary and rather comical
Ago, Arduous, And
44. Arduous definition: characterized by effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort synonyms: heavy, effortful, hard, punishing, operose, laborious
45. Demanding great effort or labor; difficult: "the Arduous work of preparing a Dictionary of the English Language" (Thomas Macaulay)
46. Testing severely the powers of endurance; strenuous: a long, Arduous, and exhausting war
47. Definition of Arduous (adjective): involving a lot of effort
48. Definition and synonyms of Arduous from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
49. This is the British English definition of Arduous.View American English definition of Arduous.
50. Arduous - Dictionary definition and meaning for word Arduous
51. Arduous work is primarily physical work requiring a high level of strength or endurance
52. No specific physical action or exertional level denotes Arduous work
53. While Arduous work will usually entail physical demands that are classified as heavy, the work need not be described as heavy to be considered Arduous.
Arduous, Are, As
54. Arduous is an adjective that collocates with these nouns: task, climb, journey, process, task, trek, voyage and work
Arduous, An, Adjective, And
55. Examples: Doing homework is an Arduous task
56. (a bit of an exaggeration, of course) Life can be an Arduous journey without friends
57. Arduous sea duty for these purposes is sea duty in afloat units with expected absences from their assigned homeports for the major portion of the sea duty assignment
Arduous, Afloat, Absences, Assigned, Assignment
58. Sea duty in ships, afloat staffs, and units designated for career sea pay in reference (b) may be designated unusually Arduous sea duty in enclosure (1) of this
Afloat, And, Arduous
59. President-elect Joe Biden pledged to end construction of his predecessor's signature border wall, but halting the ongoing, multibillion-dollar project will be an Arduous…