1. Arbitration is a well-established and widely used means to end disputes. It is one of several kinds of Alternative Dispute Resolution, which provide parties to a controversy with a choice other than litigation.
Arbitration, And, Alternative
2. English Language Learners Definition of Arbitration : a process of settling an argument or disagreement in which the people or groups on both sides present their opinions and ideas to a third person or group See the full definition for Arbitration in the English Language Learners Dictionary
Arbitration, An, Argument, And
3. Arbitration is a proceeding in which a dispute is resolved by an impartial adjudicator whose decision the parties to the dispute have agreed, or legislation has decreed, will be final and binding. There are limited rights of review and appeal of Arbitration awards.
Arbitration, An, Adjudicator, Agreed, And, Are, Appeal, Awards
4. Arbitration is one of various methods that together are referred to as alternative dispute resolution or ADR
Arbitration, Are, As, Alternative, Adr
5. Arbitration Arbitration is a private process where disputing parties agree that one or several individuals can make a decision about the dispute after receiving evidence and hearing arguments. Arbitration is different from mediation because the neutral arbitrator has the authority to make a decision about the dispute.
Arbitration, Agree, About, After, And, Arguments, Arbitrator,
6. Arbitration is a process in which two parties in a dispute use an independent, impartial third party to settle the dispute, often by making a decision that they both agree to. For a process to be considered Arbitration, it must involve an impartial third party, which can be …
Arbitration, An, Agree
7. Arbitration Arbitration—the out-of-court resolution of a dispute between parties to a contract, decided by an impartial third party (the arbitrator)—is faster and more cost effective than litigation
Arbitration, An, Arbitrator, And
8. Arbitration is the private, judicial determination of a dispute, by an independent third party. An Arbitration hearing may involve the use of an individual arbitrator or a tribunal
Arbitration, An, Arbitrator
9. A process in which an independent person makes an official decision that ends a legal disagreement without the need for it to be solved in court: Arbitration is often preferred by firms in business disputes
10. Arbitration is a mechanism for resolving disputes between investors and broker s , or between brokers
11. Arbitration is overseen by the Financial Industry …
12. Founded in 1943, Arbitration Forums, Inc
13. AF is the nation's largest Arbitration and subrogation services provider.
Af, Arbitration, And
14. Arbitration is a procedure in which a dispute is submitted, by agreement of the parties, to one or more arbitrators who make a binding decision on the dispute
Arbitration, Agreement, Arbitrators
15. In choosing Arbitration, the parties opt for a private dispute resolution procedure instead of going to court
16. File a Claim A claimant initiates an Arbitration by filing a statement of claim that specifies the relevant facts and remedies requested.
An, Arbitration, And
17. Arbitration clauses -- requiring parties to resolve disputes through Arbitration -- are found in many contracts these days
18. The American Arbitration Association alone estimates that it handles more than 2 million Arbitrations each year, and hundreds of thousands more are conducted by other groups and individuals
American, Arbitration, Association, Alone, Arbitrations, And, Are
19. Yet despite the growing use of Arbitration, many people don't know what
20. Arbitration is a dispute-resolution process in which the parties select a neutral third party to resolve their claims
21. Arbitration is the most formal alternative to litigation
22. Arbitration is widely used to resolve disputes in both the private and public sector.
23. Arbitrators meet rigorous standards of relevant labor relations experience, knowledge of collective bargaining, and Arbitration.
Arbitrators, And, Arbitration
24. The Arbitration system in Allegheny County is compulsory non-binding Arbitration, with a ceiling of $35,000 on civil damage awards
Arbitration, Allegheny, Awards
25. The Arbitration hearing rooms are located on the seventh floor of the City-County Building, 414 Grant Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
26. The Arbitration office is located in room 702 of the City-County Building.
27. Arbitration, nonjudicial legal technique for resolving disputes by referring them to a neutral party for a binding decision, or “award.” An arbitrator may consist of a single person or an Arbitration board, usually of three members.
Arbitration, Award, An, Arbitrator
28. What is Arbitration? Arbitration is an out-of-court method for resolving a dispute between a worker and an employer
Arbitration, An, And
29. Arbitration takes place in front of a neutral decision-maker called an “arbitrator” (or in some cases, a group or “panel” of arbitrators) who will listen to each side and make a decision about the case.
Arbitration, An, Arbitrator, Arbitrators, And, About
30. Arbitration and the Arbitrator Roster Voluntary Arbitration and fact-finding are widely used in labor-management relations
Arbitration, And, Arbitrator, Are
31. The FMCS Office of Arbitration provides valuable services for parties seeking Arbitration through its roster of approximately 1,000 arbitrators
Arbitration, Approximately, Arbitrators
32. Arbitration guidelines tend to be the following, write Sarah Rudolph Cole and Kristen M
33. Blankley in their chapter, “Arbitration,” in The Handbook of Dispute Resolution (Jossey-Bass, 2005)
34. Together, the parties choose an arbitrator from a list provided by an Arbitration firm.
An, Arbitrator, Arbitration
35. Arbitration mailbox Name Display name Persisted capabilities Function; FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042: Microsoft Exchange Federation Mailbox: none: This mailbox stores data used to maintain federation between different Exchange organizations
36. Arbitration noun decision, settlement, judgment, determination, adjudication, arbitrament The matter is likely to go to Arbitration
Arbitration, Adjudication, Arbitrament
37. American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof
American, Arbitration, Association, And, Award, Arbitrator, Any
38. Arbitration of existing disputes may be accomplished by use of the following: We, the undersigned parties, hereby agree to submit to Arbitration
Arbitration, Accomplished, Agree
39. What Is International Arbitration? With the increasing globalization of trade and business after WW II, there was a need for an Arbitration process that could work between companies in different countries
Arbitration, And, After, An
40. A treaty called the New York Arbitration Convention was agreed on in 1959
41. The American Arbitration Association said the company had to pay anyway
American, Arbitration, Association, Anyway
42. Arbitration is an out-of-court means of dispute resolution
43. Arbitration: A Powerful Tool for Achieving Fair, Expeditious Resolution JAMS In-Person, Virtual and Hybrid Arbitration Services
Arbitration, Achieving, And
44. In-person, virtual or hybrid Arbitration with an experienced JAMS arbitrator provides an effective alternative to protracted
Arbitration, An, Arbitrator, Alternative
45. Arbitration is a more formal type of ADR which involves a tribunal process and an independent arbitrator who hears both sides of a dispute before coming to a decision
Arbitration, Adr, And, An, Arbitrator
46. Since the parties can agree to the rules of Arbitration (e.g.,
47. Arbitration is a form of ADR in which an arbitrator, rather than a judge or jury, applies the law to the facts of a dispute to resolve the dispute
Arbitration, Adr, An, Arbitrator, Applies
48. There are two forms of Arbitration: binding and nonbinding
Are, Arbitration, And
49. Under binding Arbitration, the parties agree to accept the arbitrator’s decision as final, limiting their right to seek resolution of
Arbitration, Agree, Accept, Arbitrator, As
50. FINRA's Arbitration Awards database enables users to perform Web-based searches for FINRA and historical NASD Arbitration awards free of charge, seven days a week
Arbitration, Awards, And
51. The Comptroller's Arbitration training videos are in the process of being updated to reflect changes from the 85th or 86th Regular Sessions or changes to the Comptroller Arbitration rules
52. GAR (Global Arbitration Review) is the world's international Arbitration journal and news service
53. GAR provides breaking news, daily updates and in-depth monthly features covering international Arbitration in countries around the world
And, Arbitration, Around
54. GAR also features guest commentary and articles from the world's leading international Arbitration practitioners.
Also, And, Articles, Arbitration
55. Arbitration The Arbitration Rules are those of 2012, as amended in 2017
Arbitration, Are, As, Amended
56. The most significant of the 2017 amendments is the introduction of an expedited procedure providing for a streamlined Arbitration with a reduced scale of fees
Amendments, An, Arbitration
57. Arbitration is more informal than litigation and the procedures are simplified
Arbitration, And, Are
58. In Arbitration, the parties usually have a more limited right to obtain documents and other information from one another
Arbitration, And, Another
59. Most Arbitrations occur in a conference room rather than a courtroom, and the arbitrator may be a lawyer, a retired judge or a person with
Arbitrations, And, Arbitrator
arbitration (noun) · arbitrations (plural noun)