AQUEDUCT [ˈäkwəˌdəkt, ˈakwəˌdəkt]
aqueduct (noun) · aqueducts (plural noun)
1. Aqueduct definition is - a conduit for water; especially : one for carrying a large quantity of flowing water
2. How to use Aqueduct in a sentence
3. Aqueduct, conduit built to convey water
4. Aqueducts have been important particularly for the development of areas with limited direct access to fresh water sources
5. Aqueduct definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation
6. An Aqueduct is a watercourse constructed to carry water from a source to a distribution point far away
7. In modern engineering, the term Aqueduct is used for any system of pipes, ditches, canals, tunnels, and other structures used for this purpose
8. The term Aqueduct also often refers specifically to a bridge carrying an artificial watercourse
9. Aqueducts were used in ancient Greece, …
10. The Aqueduct of Segovia was 28 m high and the Pont du Gard in southern France was 49 m in height, both of which still survive today as spectacular monuments to the skill and audacity of Roman engineers.
11. Watch live horse racing at Aqueduct with instant analysis and multi-angle customized live views of all the Aqueduct racing.
12. The Roman Aqueduct was a channel used to transport fresh water to highly populated areas
13. Aqueducts were amazing feats of engineering given the time period
14. Though earlier civilizations in Egypt and India also built Aqueducts, the Romans improved on the structure and built an extensive and complex network across their territories.
15. Friends of the Old Croton Aqueduct is a private, non profit volunteer organization formed to protect and preserve the Old Croton Aqueduct
16. The Friends work to raise public awareness of the Aqueduct and trail and to secure the resources that will enable this historic greenway to remain unspoiled in perpetuity.
17. Aqueduct Race Track opened in 1894 on the old Brooklyn Water Works property, home to a conduit that brought water to New York City
18. And thus, the name “Aqueduct” was given
19. Aqueduct's biggest stakes: Wood Memorial, scheduled on April 6 for the 2019 Wood Memorial.
20. Get insight into each race card at Aqueduct during the Talking Horses show
21. Aqueduct Racetrack, known as the Big A, is a thoroughbred horse-racing facility located in the neighborhood of Ozone Park in the New York City borough of Queens
22. Aqueduct Track Info Thoroughbred Racing …
23. Welcome to Aqueduct – a world of jumbled waterways and mixed-up pipelines
24. With just over 250 unique puzzles, Aqueduct delivers hours of mi…
25. Aqueduct synonyms, Aqueduct pronunciation, Aqueduct translation, English dictionary definition of Aqueduct
26. Aqueduct Pont du Gard, near Nîmes, France n
27. Aqueduct Pont du Gard, near Nîmes, France n
28. Watch live horse racing at Aqueduct with instant analysis and multi-angle customized live views of all the Aqueduct racing.
29. Aqueduct water supplied public baths, latrines, fountains, and private households; it also supported mining operations, milling, farms, and gardens
30. Aqueducts moved water through gravity alone, along a slight overall downward gradient within conduits of stone, brick, or concrete; the steeper the gradient, the faster the flow
31. Aqueduct is made possible by the support of the Aqueduct Alliance, a coalition of companies, governments and foundations at the cutting edge of water stewardship.
32. Companies, governments and foundations are invited to join the Aqueduct Alliance to advance water stewardship best practice and the Aqueduct …
33. An Aqueduct has been and continues to be an imporant way to get water from one place to another
34. Be it 2,000 years ago in ancient Rome, Italy or today in California, Aqueducts were and are essential to get water from a place where it exists in ample supply to where it is scarce.
35. 9 synonyms of Aqueduct from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 14 related words, definitions, and antonyms
36. Aqueduct: an open man-made passageway for water.
37. Aqueduct is the site of the first, and presently, the only triple dead heat for win in a stakes race
38. On April 8, 2006, during an eleven-race program at Aqueduct that included the Wood Memorial Stakes, a rare event happened when
39. Aqueduct is an extensible HTTP framework for building REST APIs on top of the Dart VM
40. Aqueduct building has continued on into modern times, using more advanced engineering techniques
41. One modern Aqueduct, the Loch Katrine Aqueduct of Glasgow, Scotland, completed in
42. An employee at Aqueduct says a weekend heist was an inside job, telling The Post that the robbers knew exactly where to be to pull off their $250k …
43. “Aqueduct Racetrack is a landmark and an institution that is universally known to the constituents I represent,” state Senator Joseph Addabbo said
44. Find 7 ways to say Aqueduct, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
45. Aqueduct Water Risk Atlas - World Resources Institute
46. Aqueduct definition: An Aqueduct is a long bridge with many arches , which carries a water supply or a canal Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
47. Aqueduct was a veteran in the Vietnam War, Peter was wounded and sent to paramedics on a ship who used an experimental device to keep him alive until a storm settled and they could operate.
48. Baby Boss (USA) 14-5 (8-6) Chased 2p, wknd late, 5th of 7, 3 1/4l behind Elegant Zip (8-6) at Aqueduct 6f fst in Jan
49. Free Aqueduct Racing Picks for Sunday, March 21st, 2021: Post Time: 1:20 ET
50. The following 6 races are part of today’s Aqueduct Pick 6 Race 3: 5 Trapped N My Mind Race 4: 6 King James Race 5: 2 My Roxy Girl Race 6: …
51. Dancing Kiki (USA) 17-2 (8-11) Rail,ask by 1/4,3w upr, 6th of 7, 11 1/2l behind Sirenic (8-11) at Aqueduct 6f fst in Feb
52. California Aqueduct, principal water-conveyance structure of the California State Water Project, U.S
53. The Aqueduct is a deeply impressive work of engineering
54. A modern version of an Aqueduct is a pipeline bridge
55. Pont du Gard, France, a Roman Aqueduct built circa 40–60 CE
56. An Aqueduct is a man-made channel that carries water from one place to another
57. They may also carry water for irrigation, or for hydroelectricity.Pipes, canals, tunnels, and bridges that serve this purpose are all called Aqueducts.
58. Get the forecast for today, tonight & tomorrow's weather for Aqueduct, NY
59. Aqueduct Racing Season and Key Races
60. The Aqueduct racing season runs throughout the winter with events taking place October – March
61. Thomas Telford's incredible Aqueduct over the River Dee - Pontcysyllte - is one of the most stunning sights of North Wales
62. Steve Matthews' Aqueduct selections for Sunday, March 7
63. ‘A canal, carried over the Mersey on an Aqueduct, was constructed by authority of Parliament.’ ‘(The lower level of the Aqueduct was intended as a bridge for people to use, and it remains this to this day).’ ‘It was the only Aqueduct on the Erie Canal to carry both a water trough and a towpath over a river.’
64. What is the history of Conococheague Aqueduct? C&O Canal Aqueducts are "water bridges" that carry canal boats over creeks and rivers that flow into the Potomac River
65. Built from 1833 to 1835, the Conococheague Aqueduct is the fifth of eleven such "works of art" on the canal
66. Friends of the Old Croton Aqueduct is a private, non profit volunteer organization formed to protect and preserve the Old Croton Aqueduct
67. The Friends work to raise public awareness of the Aqueduct and trail and to secure the resources that will enable this historic greenway to remain unspoiled in perpetuity.
68. Aqueduct (ăk`wədŭkt) [Lat.,=conveyor of water], channel or trough built to convey water, chiefly for providing a densely populated region with a supply of freshwater
69. The flow in Aqueducts is ordinarily by means of gravity, although pumps are often used
70. Some Aqueducts consist of tunnels cut through rock, while others are conduits made of some sturdy material.
71. The California Aqueduct, a critical part of the State Water Project, carries water from the S acramento-San Joaquin Deltato the San Joaquin Valley and Southern California.
72. Established as part of a $1.75 billion bond passed by voters in 1960, the 444-mile long California Aqueduct (formally known as the Edmund G
73. Brown California Aqueduct) begins at the Harvey O
74. Steve Matthews' Aqueduct selections for Friday, Feb
An aqueduct is a watercourse constructed to carry water from a source to a distribution point far away. In modern engineering, the term aqueduct is used for any system of pipes, ditches, canals, tunnels, and other structures used for this purpose. The term aqueduct also often refers specifically to a bridge on an artificial watercourse.
Aqueduct in a sentence. He built an aqueduct in Laodecia. He also built an aqueduct in the mountains for freshwater. The children watched the Aqueduct being built stone on solid stone. This aqueduct of the sewer is formidable; it interlaces in a dizzy fashion.
The first aqueduct in the city of Rome was the Aqua Appia, built in 312 BC during the Roman Republic. The combined length of all the aqueducts built in ancient Rome is about 800 km (500 miles). However, only 47 km (29 miles) were above ground, as most Roman aqueducts ran beneath the surface of the ground.
Aqueduct is an irrigation canal for carrying water that passes over a drainage channel without lowering down the bed of the drainage channel for the crossing. The canal and drainage channels are crossed at a right angle with fairly straight length at both d/s and v/s. The aqueduct structure of the waterway may be built of rectangular channel or duct, masonry arches, etc.