1. English borrowed "Apropos" from the French phrase à propos, literally "to the purpose." Since it first appeared in 1668, "Apropos" has been used as an adverb, adjective, noun, and preposition.
Apropos, Appeared, As, An, Adverb, Adjective, And
2. Apropos synonyms, Apropos pronunciation, Apropos translation, English dictionary definition of Apropos
3. Apropos of, with reference to; in respect or regard to: Apropos of the preceding statement.
4. Apropos of definition is - with regard to (something) : concerning
5. How to use Apropos of in a sentence.
6. Apropos is a useful word to learn. But first you have to know how to pronounce it: AP-rə-pō
7. Then you can conveniently change the subject of a conversation by using the expression " Apropos of nothing," which is a glib way of saying, "Oh, and by the way"
8. In English, Apropos is conventionally used as a preposition meaning with regard to, and it’s also an adjective for pertinent or to the point. Apropos is often misused in place of appropriate
Apropos, As, And, Also, An, Adjective, Appropriate
9. This sense of Apropos has nothing to do with the original French phrase or the word’s conventional meaning.
10. He brings up a term called “creative abrasion,” coined by Jerry Hirshberg, who, Apropos of Tesla, was an automotive designer. ELON MUSK’S ROCKET RIDE ANDREW NUSCA DECEMBER 2, 2020 FORTUNE Going back, Liszt indulged in a little graceful badinage Apropos of the concerto
Abrasion, Apropos, An, Automotive, Andrew
11. Search Apropos for your perfect property across the UK
12. 418 / V: ~u sn, ~ o s av, (înv; eg) ~ o nt sn, (itm) ~z i to av / S: Apropos / Pl: ~uri / E: fr à-propos] 1 av (Înv; șîf ~s) Fiindcă veni vorba
13. With an unparalleled selection of high quality case goods, upholstered pieces, lighting, accessories, art, rugs, cut yardage and hides from around the world, Apropos is the one-stop resource for unique and luxurious home furnishings. Should you be looking for something very specific, we offer custom furniture design from inception to installation.
An, Accessories, Art, And, Around, Apropos
14. / ˌæp.rəˈpoʊ / used to introduce something that is related to or connected with something that has just been said: I had an email from Sally yesterday - Apropos (of) which, did you send her that article? …
An, Apropos, Article
15. Apropos n (singular definite Aproposet or Apropos'et, plural indefinite Aproposer or Apropos'er)
Apropos, Aproposet, Aproposer
16. Apropos is a property lettings agency like no other
17. Created by one of the country’s largest and most trusted property management experts, Apropos combines the best in personal service with a state-of-the-art digital platform.
And, Apropos, Art
18. Apropos of Concerning, in connection with, as in Apropos of keeping in touch, I haven't heard from her in months
19. Apropos: Entdecken Sie Designer-Mode von Saint Laurent, Off-White, Celine, Balenciaga & vielen mehr in den Stores in Köln, Hamburg, München und Düsseldorf!
20. Alternative form of Apropos 1915, W.S
21. What does Apropos mean? The definition of Apropos is something that is connected to a certain situation
22. Apropos or Apropos of is used to introduce something that you are going to say which is related to the subject you have just been talking about.
Apropos, Are, About
23. Apropos of definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation
Apropos, At, And
24. Concerning, in connection with, as in Apropos of keeping in touch, I haven't heard from her in months.This idiom was a borrowing of the French à propos de ("to the purpose of") in the 17th century
25. ‘the song feels Apropos to a midnight jaunt’ ‘Her hunger pangs serve as an Apropos metaphor for her literary life.’ ‘A more Apropos quote from him would be this: ‘It is not by speeches and debates that the great issues of the day will be decided, but by blood and iron.’’
Apropos, As, An, And
26. Apropo translation in English - English Reverso dictionary, see also 'Apropos of',Apropos of',appro',apron', examples, definition, conjugation
Apropo, Also, Apropos, Appro, Apron
27. Apropos - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
28. Looking for online definition of Apropos or what Apropos stands for? Apropos is listed in the World's largest and most authoritative dictionary database of …
29. And then I thought, Apropos of my last blog entry, about gender roles
And, Apropos, About
30. And Little Edie is an iconoclastic character, one that is especially Apropos to be revisiting in a time of recession.: Just Apropos of the matters you have just raised about the conduct of solicitors, those, I think I am right in saying, am I not, are not the subject of any ground of appeal?
And, An, Apropos, About, Am, Are, Any, Appeal
31. I thought his remarks very Apropos.: J'ai trouvé ses remarques très à propos.: We have said, Apropos of wants and desires, that no two men are alike
Apropos, Ai, And, Are, Alike
32. Afterwards, internal changes had exterior manifestations Apropos social, career and family interactions.
Afterwards, Apropos, And
33. The Apropos command searches manual page names and descriptions for a user-supplied keyword
34. Following is its syntax: Apropos [OPTIONS] keyword And here's what the tool's man page says about it: Each manual page has a short description available within it
Apropos, And, About, Available
35. Apropos searches the descriptions for instances of keyword.
36. 200 Lexington Avenue, Suite 710 New York Design Center New York, New York 10016 [email protected]Apropos-Furniture.com Telephone 212.684.6987 Facsimile 212.689.3684
37. At Apropos We Love All Things Paper Here you can expect one on one personal service
At, Apropos, All
38. Shop for Apropos at Nordstrom.com
39. Apropos; Operating system: Unix and Unix-like: Type: Command: In computing, Apropos is a command to search the man page files in Unix and Unix-like operating systems
40. Apropos takes its name from the French "à propos" (Latin "ad prōpositum") which means about.It is particularly useful when searching for commands without knowing their exact names.
Apropos, Ad, About
41. Apropos knows how great you'll look when you try on the great clothes here
42. Don't fret! Parking options are readily available near Apropos
Are, Available, Apropos
43. Get Directions Explore Nearby Apropos
44. 45 reviews of Apropos Prom & Bridal "This store is over filled with merchandise in a crowed cramped space
45. We dined at Apropos to celebrate our 56th wedding anniversary and were treated beautifully by all the staff
At, Apropos, Anniversary, And, All
46. Apropos 2239 Dekalb Pike Norristown PA 19401
47. Apropos (adv.) 1660s, "opportunely," from French à propos "to the purpose," from propos "thing said in conversation, talk; purpose, plan," from Latin propositium "purpose," past participle of proponere "to set forth, propose" (see propound).Meaning "as regards, with reference to" (with of) is 1761, from French.As an adjective, "to the point or purpose," from 1690s.
Apropos, Adv, As, An, Adjective
48. Apropos of Nothing is a 2020 memoir by American filmmaker and humorist Woody Allen.The book was originally due to be published by Grand Central Publishing, an imprint of Hachette Book Group, in April 2020, but on March 6, 2020 Hachette said they would no longer publish it
Apropos, American, And, Allen, An, April
49. Reserve a table at Apropos - Cafe & Restaurant, Copenhagen on Tripadvisor: See 716 unbiased reviews of Apropos - Cafe & Restaurant, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #261 of 2,666 restaurants in Copenhagen.
At, Apropos, Amp, And
50. Find 200 ways to say INApropos, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Along, Antonyms, And, At
51. If you need a trendy and appealing breakfast spot in the Back Bay area, Apropos at the Sheraton Boston is one to consider
And, Appealing, Area, Apropos, At
52. An open air kitchen offering classic American breakfasts, but with a few creative spins, Apropos is a great spot for weekday breakfasts or weekend brunch.
An, Air, American, Apropos
apropos - of an appropriate or pertinent nature. appropriate - suitable for a particular person or place or condition etc; "a book not appropriate for children"; "a funeral conducted the appropriate solemnity"; "it seems that an apology is appropriate". malapropos - of an inappropriate or incorrectly applied nature.
English borrowed "apropos" from the French phrase à propos, literally "to the purpose." Since it first appeared in 1668, "apropos" has been used as an adverb, adjective, noun, and preposition.
The definition of apropos is something that is connected to a certain situation. If a lawyer refers to a previous court ruling in a similar case, that referral would be apropos to the current case. Apropos is defined as doing something when it is a good time to do it.
apropos(a.) Synonyms: [Fr.] opportune, seasonable, timely, fit, suitable, apt, apposite, to the point, to the purpose, just the thing, quite the thing.