See also: Appropriated
1. Appropriated synonyms, Appropriated pronunciation, Appropriated translation, English dictionary definition of Appropriated
2. Find 55 ways to say Appropriated, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
3. Appropriated In English, many past and present participles of verbs can be used as adjectives. Some of these examples may show the adjective use
4. Past tense of appropriate Synonyms & Antonyms of Appropriated 1 to take or make use of under a guise of authority but without actual right archaeologists wrongfully Appropriated artifacts excavated at ancient sites for their museums
5. Appropriated Fund Wage and Survey Areas
6. The Federal Wage System (FWS) is a uniform pay-setting system that covers Federal Appropriated fund and nonAppropriated fund blue-collar employees who are paid by the hour
7. Synonyms for Appropriated include took, stole, pilfered, purloined, filched, misAppropriated, removed, nicked, pinched and flogged
8. Appropriated Funds Within the federal government Appropriated Funds refer to moneys allocated by legislation passed by Congress and signed by the President. Appropriated Funds are usually specified in Congress’s yearly budget or continuing resolution
9. * The President shall not enter into any commitment of funds Appropriated for Section 23, AECA, purposes for the provision of major defense equipment, other conventional ammunition, or other major defense items defined to be aircraft, ships, missiles, or combat vehicles, not previously justified to Congress or twenty percent in excess of the quantities justified to Congress unless the Committees on Appropriations are notified fifteen days in advance of such …
10. Dictionary entry overview: What does Appropriated mean? • Appropriated (adjective) The adjective Appropriated has 1 sense:
11. Taken without permission or consent especially by public authority Familiarity information: Appropriated used as an adjective is very rare.
12. Definition of Appropriated in the Definitions.net dictionary
13. What does Appropriated mean? Information and translations of Appropriated in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
14. Appropriated Retained Earnings is the portion out of the total retained earnings that have been kept aside by the decision of the board of directors of the company for the purpose of using them for the specific purpose as mentioned by them and thus are not available to be distributed as the dividends.
15. Appropriated funds means funds Appropriated to the Division for capital projects to be administered by the Division. This includes state funds such as the General Fund as well as proceeds from state General Obligation Bonds
16. Appropriated retained earnings are set aside by the board and are assigned to a specific purpose, such as factory construction, hiring new labor, buying new …
17. Typically, Appropriated retained earnings are used only to indicate to outsiders the intention of management to use the funds for some purpose
18. As it was roche who had Appropriated the flask, the man shook his head and grinned
19. For this purpose, almost every amylaceous vegetable at once plentiful and cheap has, in its turn, been eagerly Appropriated
20. They had, so to say, Appropriated each other, …
21. Appropriate (third-person singular simple present appropriates, present participle appropriating, simple past and past participle Appropriated) (transitive, archaic) To make suitable to; to suit.1790, Helen Maria Williams, Julia, Routledge 2016, p
22. Jobs (Appropriated Funds) How to Apply MWR Jobs
23. Definition of Appropriated for in the Idioms Dictionary
24. What does Appropriated for expression mean? Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary.
25. • An awareness of old history encourages caution when it is Appropriated for a contemporary cause
26. • Eventually their designs were Appropriated for industrial production, which could be sold at cheaper prices
27. Appropriated-fund support by paying for unauthorized trans-portation services
28. It discusses Defense's need to better control Appropriated funds and to recover expenditures already made
29. The Nukara Appropriated Munitions space set is a three-piece space equipment set, comprised of a unique Universal Console, interchangeable Hyper-Dual Refracting Beam Bank space weapon, and Mine Launcher, released with the Legacy of Romulus expansion
30. We found 6 answers for “Appropriated”
31. This page shows answers to the clue Appropriated.Appropriated may be defined as “Taken without permission or consent especially by public authority” and “Condemned taken without permission or consent especially by public authority
32. As a verb Appropriated is (appropriate).As a noun surplus is that which remains when use or need is satisfied, or when a limit is reached; excess; overplus
33. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Congress Appropriated $2.6 trillion in emergency assistance for people, businesses, the health care system, and state and local governments
34. ‘After the war, Congress Appropriated more money to harbor defense.’ ‘If the company were forced into bankruptcy or left open to a major claim, the personal assets of the directors could be Appropriated to pay off creditors.’ ‘Third, additional funds will be Appropriated …
35. The west Appropriated some of it back later, but that doesn’t excuse the initial crime
36. ‘After the war, Congress Appropriated more money to harbor defense.’ ‘If the company were forced into bankruptcy or left open to a major claim, the personal assets of the directors could be Appropriated to pay off creditors.’ ‘Third, additional funds will be Appropriated …
37. Appropriated, via Treasury warrant, from the unavailable receipt account to the corresponding expenditure account
38. USSGL account 411300, “Appropriated Receipts Derived from Unavailable Trust or Special Fund Receipts,” is used to record these types of transactions.
39. Find below definitions and meanings of Appropriated
40. Appropriated funds may not be used for trinkets unless there is specific statutory authority to do so or if it is a necessary expense of the agency
41. In other words, Appropriated funds may only be used for the purpose for which they were Appropriated (provided) by Congress
42. Fully Appropriated stream systems (FASS) are those where there is insufficient supply for new water right applications
43. The State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) maintains a list of fully Appropriated stream systems, most recently updated when the State Water Board adopted Water Right Order 98-08
44. Do You Prefer Your Tacos ‘Authentic’ or ‘Appropriated’? By Daniel E
45. When Congress went big on a stimulus spending known as the American Rescue Plan, it Appropriated a billion dollars for the Technology Modernization Fund
46. For these reasons, we request that you provide to the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation and the House Committee on Energy and Commerce a full accounting of how CPSC has expended any of the $50 million Appropriated by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 at the end of each fiscal year during which any of such funds were
An appropriation is a legislative provision that permits amounts of expenses or capital expenditure to be incurred for activities that fall within the defined scope of the provision. A financial authority for public money to be expended may be given separately rather than through an appropriation.
appropriation - money set aside (as by a legislature) for a specific purpose law-makers, legislative assembly, legislative body, legislature, general assembly - persons who make or amend or repeal laws pork barrel, pork - a legislative appropriation designed to ingratiate legislators with their constituents
In law and government, appropriation (from Latin appropriare, "to make one's own", later "to set aside") is the act of setting apart something for its application to a particular usage, to the exclusion of all other uses. It typically refers to the legislative designation of money for particular uses, in the context of a budget or spending bill.
Appropriation is when money is set aside money for a specific and particular purpose or purposes. A company or a government appropriates funds in order to delegate cash for the necessities of its business operations.