1. Approbate definition is - approve, sanction
2. How to use Approbate in a sentence.
3. Approbate: verb accept , accredit , acquiesce , admire , adopt , advocate , agree with , applaud, approve , assent , back , commend , concur , confirm , consent
4. Approbate and reprobate Scots law to accept part of a document and reject those parts unfavourable to one's interests mainly US to sanction officially Word Origin for Approbate C15: from Latin approbāre to approve, from probāre to test
5. What does Approbate mean? To sanction officially; authorize
6. Among the adjectives similarly preserved are to whittle, to wilt and to Approbate. THE AMERICAN LANGUAGE HENRY L
7. MENCKEN We pick and choose, take and leave, Approbate and reprobate in a breath
8. Approbate In Scots law, accepted
9. Approbate To express approbation of; manifest a liking for or degree of satisfaction in; express approbation of officially, as of a person's fitness for a public office or employment; approve; pass.; Approbate To license: as, to Approbate a person to preach; to Approbate a man to keep a hotel or other public house.
10. Approbate and reprobate definition: to accept part of a document and reject those parts unfavourable to one's interests Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
11. The Approbate and reprobate principle is also popularly called the ‘Doctrine of Election’ according to which no party can accept and reject the same instrument and that "a person cannot say at one time that a transaction is valid and thereby obtain some advantage, to which he could only be entitled on the footing that it is valid, and then
12. “No one can Approbate and reprobate at the same time”- Discussion of the Doctrine of election under the transfer of property act
13. Approbate and Reprobate means to accept and reject
14. The maxim of ‘Approbate and reprobate’ reflects the principle whereby a person cannot both approve and reject an instrument, often more commonly …
15. Approbatemeans "to officially authorize" while approvemeans "agree or accept"
16. Approbateis very formal and rather uncommon, and is usually used in official contexts such as political proceedings
17. Additionally, Approbaterefers more to the action of approvingwhereas approveconnotes an attitude or sentiment, especially a moral judgment.
18. Approbate (v.) "express a liking or satisfaction," late 15c., from Latin approbatus, past participle of approbare "to assent to (as good), favor" (see approve)
19. Related: Approbated; approbating.
20. Approved 1531, Thomas Elyot, The Boke named The Governour: And if they wyll allege that all thynge contayned in holy scripture is Approbate by the hole consent of all the clergie of Christendoms […]··(transitive) To give official sanction, consent or authorization to.
21. Approbate definition: to accept as valid Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
22. Synonyms for Approbate include sanction, authorise, authorize, approve, ratify, warrant, confirm, accredit, endorse and formalise
23. Definition of Approbate in the Definitions.net dictionary
24. What does Approbate mean? Information and translations of Approbate in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
25. Equity suffers no person to Approbate and reprobate the same deed
26. Synonyms for Approbate in Free Thesaurus
27. 9 synonyms for Approbate: allow, approve, authorize, consent, endorse, let, permit, sanction, OK
28. Dictionary entry overview: What does Approbate mean? • Approbate (verb) The verb Approbate has 2 senses:
29. Accept (documents) as valid Familiarity information: Approbate used as a verb is rare.
30. Approbate: 1 v approve or sanction officially Type of: authorise , authorize , clear , pass grant authorization or clearance for v accept (documents) as valid Antonyms: reprobate reject (documents) as invalid Type of: accept consider or hold as true
31. Synonyms for Approbates in Free Thesaurus
32. 9 synonyms for Approbate: allow, approve, authorize, consent, endorse, let, permit, sanction, OK
33. Approbated synonyms, Approbated pronunciation, Approbated translation, English dictionary definition of Approbated
34. To approve officially: Approbate a legal matter Not to be confused with: reprobate – depraved, unprincipled, or wicked person: a drug-dealing reprobate
35. What Approbate means in Bengali, Approbate meaning in Bengali, Approbate definition, explanation, pronunciations and examples of Approbate in Bengali
36. Approbate - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
37. Search Approbate and reprobate and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso
38. You can complete the definition of Approbate and reprobate given by the English Definition dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase dictionaries, Merriam Webster
39. Find more ways to say Approbate, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
40. This doctrine of Approbate and reprobate in Malaysia is widely used in many different circumstances
41. Approbate (Thesaurus) approach shot approbation
42. We pick and choose, take and leave, Approbate and reprobate in a breath
43. The Stadtholder was too wary a politician to Approbate immediately so sweeping a proposal, and referred it to the States-General
44. Be sure that your answer is such as the decisions of Eternity will Approbate.
45. Approbate translation in English-Czech dictionary
46. See authoritative translations of Approbate in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
47. Approbate definition in English dictionary, Approbate meaning, synonyms, see also 'Approbate and reprobate',approbative',approbation',approbatory'
48. Approbate definition is - approve, sanction
49. How to use Approbate in a sentence
50. Approbate and reprobate Scots law to accept part of a document and reject those parts unfavourable to one's interests mainly US to sanction officially Word Origin for Approbate C15: from Latin approbāre to approve, from probāre to test: 13.
51. Chinese words for Approbate include 认可, 承认 and 赞同
52. Approaching: Approbate : Approbated Words that sound like or rhyme with Approbate Approbated Approbates probative probatory powerboat approbatory probate prebattle probated probates
53. This definition explains the meaning of Approbate and why it matters
54. Approbate in a sentence - Use "Approbate" in a sentence 1
55. The constitution and laws following it were Approbated by Emperor Franz Joseph on November 17, 1910
56. This CATCH program Approbates the best advancements to accommodate the nation of Brazil's health issues
57. Click for more sentences of Approbate
58. Approbate Meaning in Urdu is خوشی کا اظہار کرنا - Kushi Ka Izhaar Karna Urdu Meaning
59. The most accurate translation of Approbate, Kushi Ka Izhaar Karna in English to Urdu dictionary with Definition Synonyms and Antonyms words.
60. You cannot Approbate and reprobate the same instrument
61. Her job got constituent reliance, of the society Approbate
62. The mainstream is not Approbated, OK also, want a netizen to Approbate only
63. Approbate translation in English-Slovak dictionary
64. The maxim of ‘Approbate and reprobate’ reflects the principle whereby a person cannot both approve and reject an instrument, often more commonly described as blowing hot and cold, or having one’s cake and eating it too
Approbate means "to officially authorize" while approve means "agree or accept". Approbate is very formal and rather uncommon, and is usually used in official contexts such as political proceedings. Additionally, approbate refers more to the action of approving whereas approve connotes an attitude or sentiment, especially a moral judgment.
approbate (third-person singular simple present approbates, present participle approbating, simple past and past participle approbated) (transitive) To give official sanction, consent or authorization to.
a mean, evil, or unprincipled person a program for rehabilitating hard-core reprobates and turning them into hard-working, law-abiding citizens