See also: Apprehensive Apprehension Apprehensively Apprehensiveness The Appropriate Appreciate Approach Apprehend Appraise Apprised Appraisal Approbation Appreciation Appropriation Approve Approximately Apprenticeship Approval Cultural Is Select Approximation
1. Fearful, Apprehensive, afraid mean disturbed by fear
2. The child is fearful of loud noises Apprehensive suggests a state of mind and implies a premonition of evil or danger. Apprehensive of being found out afraid often suggests weakness or cowardice and regularly implies inhibition of action or utterance
Apprehensive, And, Afraid, Action
3. Adjective uneasy or fearful about something that might happen: Apprehensive for the safety of the mountain climbers
Adjective, About, Apprehensive
4. Anxious or fearful about the future; uneasy: was Apprehensive before the surgery
Anxious, About, Apprehensive
5. Apprehensive They are Apprehensive about the future of their lives in an aging society when social policy programs are widely regarded as steadily eroding
Apprehensive, Are, About, An, Aging, As
6. From the Cambridge English Corpus I was at first Apprehensive …
7. The words afraid and fearful are common synonyms of Apprehensive. While all three words mean "disturbed by fear," Apprehensive suggests a state of mind and implies a premonition of evil or danger. Apprehensive of being found out When is it sensible to use afraid instead of Apprehensive?
Afraid, And, Are, Apprehensive, All
8. This unique technological solution has safeguarded Estonian voters against fraud, use of force, and other manipulations of remote voting that many American voters are Apprehensive about in the 2020 US election
Against, And, American, Are, Apprehensive, About
9. Apprehensive is from a Latin word meaning "to seize," and it originally meant "quick to seize impressions or ideas, perceptive, intelligent." Now it means "anticipating something bad, fearful of what may happen." Synonyms are afraid, which suggest a more immediate fear, and fearful, which suggests a more general temperament ("a fearful child").
Apprehensive, And, Anticipating, Are, Afraid
10. He was Apprehensive lest the excitement should give her a fit or a palsy
11. They are often timorous and Apprehensive, and prone to pedantism
Are, And, Apprehensive
12. Hetty's was flushed and Apprehensive, Leger's portentously quiet
13. But the General, quaking and greatly Apprehensive as to his possible future, overdid things.
And, Apprehensive, As
14. Apprehensive 'Apprehensive' is a 12 letter word starting with A and ending with E Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Apprehensive We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Apprehensive will help you to finish your crossword today
Apprehensive, And, Answers
15. A new beat from Biz Baz Studio, this time you hear Apprehensive at Best
16. In that sense, a critique is quite different from criticism, an act that Ghanaians have grown Apprehensive of
An, Act, Apprehensive
17. If you are Apprehensive of the online matches that await you, the FIFA 13 career mode is a good place to start
Are, Apprehensive, Await
18. Men will faint from terror, Apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.
19. Nouns for Apprehensive include apprehender, apprehenders, apprehending, apprehendings, apprehensibility, apprehension, apprehensions and Apprehensiveness
Apprehensive, Apprehender, Apprehenders, Apprehending, Apprehendings, Apprehensibility, Apprehension, Apprehensions, And, Apprehensiveness
20. The definition of Apprehensive is a person who is upset or worried about some future event or about the possibility that something will happen
21. Apprehensive = nervous or worried "Move to the bed, and lie face down
22. Remove your tunic first." Jonas did so, a little Apprehensively.
23. Divide Apprehensive into syllables: ap-pre-hen-sive Primary syllable stress: ap-pre-hen-sive Secondary syllable stress: ap-pre-hen-sive How to pronounce Apprehensive: ap-ri-hen-siv How to say Apprehensive: How to pronounce Apprehensive
24. Wondering why Apprehensive is 1 8 5 7 3 2 9 6 4 syllables? Contact Us! We'll explain.
25. The Crossword Solver found 161 answers to the Apprehensive crossword clue
26. Examples of Apprehensive in a sentence
27. With recent job cuts, Kate is Apprehensive about losing her job
28. 🔊 I am a bit Apprehensive crossing the busy street
29. 🔊 Terry, a brave and willing man, is the least Apprehensive of danger
30. 🔊 Apprehensive about the consequences of texting and driving, Jill turned her phone off
Apprehensive, About, And
31. Late Middle English (in Apprehensive (sense 2)): from French appréhensif or medieval Latin apprehensivus, from Latin apprehendere ‘seize, grasp’ (see apprehend).
Apprehensive, Appr, Apprehensivus, Apprehendere, Apprehend
32. Apprehensive (adj.) late 14c., "capable of perceiving, fitted for mental impression," from Medieval Latin apprehensivus, from Latin apprehens-, past-participle stem of apprehendere "take hold of, grasp" physically or mentally (see apprehend).
Apprehensive, Adj, Apprehensivus, Apprehens, Apprehendere, Apprehend
33. The long delay had made me quite Apprehensive
34. We'd been a little Apprehensive about their visit
35. He was rather Apprehensive of failure
36. I am Apprehensive that she may fall ill
37. She was deeply Apprehensive about
38. Apprehensive - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
39. As Cagey has said, 'Apprehensive of' has a different meaning from 'Apprehensive about'
As, Apprehensive, About
40. We can say this person is not Apprehensive of any difficulty: because he does not expect any.
41. Apprehensive, Melvin looked her in the eye and gave her the What is it? look
42. He even tried to stop being Apprehensive and drift along the present which was so
Apprehensive, And, Along
43. He took an Apprehensive peep from time to time and slipped behind him again at once.
An, Apprehensive, And, Again, At
44. Translation for 'Apprehensive' in the free English-Polish dictionary and many other Polish translations.
45. Another word for Apprehensive: anxious, concerned, worried, afraid, alarmed Collins English Thesaurus
Another, Apprehensive, Anxious, Afraid, Alarmed
46. Someone who is Apprehensive is afraid that something bad may happen
47. People are still terribly Apprehensive about the future
Are, Apprehensive, About
48. [ + about] Synonyms: anxious, concerned, worried, afraid More Synonyms of Apprehensive Apprehensively graded adverb [ADVERB with verb]
About, Anxious, Afraid, Apprehensive, Apprehensively, Adverb
49. Synonyms for Apprehensive in Free Thesaurus
50. 26 synonyms for Apprehensive: anxious, concerned, worried, afraid, alarmed, nervous
Apprehensive, Anxious, Afraid, Alarmed
51. Apprehensive Dental Care is located at 9418 37th Ave, Jackson Heights, NY
Apprehensive, At, Ave
52. ‘An anxious start I was a bit Apprehensive at the start of this week.’ ‘If the horse gets Apprehensive or frightened, his back tightens and shortens.’ ‘She wore an expression that could either be read as Apprehensive or frightened, depending.’ ‘Why were these people frightened and so Apprehensive if he had committed no crime?’
An, Anxious, Apprehensive, At, And, As
53. See 4 authoritative translations of Apprehensive in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
Apprehensive, And, Audio,
54. • Dr Gottlieb reassures Apprehensive patients that the operation is a simple procedure
55. • The Secret Service gets Apprehensive when people even walk on this part of the colonnade
56. Apprehensive that • They were deeply involved in the welfare of their families - Apprehensive that something might go wrong.
57. How to say Apprehensive in English? Pronunciation of Apprehensive with 1 audio pronunciation, 11 synonyms, 4 translations, 5 sentences and more for Apprehensive.
Apprehensive, Audio, And
58. The Apprehensive Patient serves the Clifton, NJ area from their convenient office location
59. Definition of Apprehensive in the Definitions.net dictionary
60. What does Apprehensive mean? Information and translations of Apprehensive in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
61. An Apprehensive face/glance/look; The long delay had made me quite Apprehensive
62. Apprehensive about/of something I was a little Apprehensive about the effects of what I had said
63. You have no reason to be Apprehensive of the future
64. Apprehensive that… She was deeply Apprehensive that something might go wrong
65. Apprehensive - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
66. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Apprehensive adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (anxious) ansioso/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").
Apprehensive, Adj, Adjective, An, Anxious, Ansioso, Adjetivo, Alta
67. The Eatontown, NJ dental office of The Apprehensive Patient provides Invisalign invisible braces, teeth whitening, cosmetic dentistry, & more! Call today to schedule an appointment with our office.
Apprehensive, Amp, An, Appointment
68. Find 56 ways to say Apprehensive, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Apprehensive, Along, Antonyms, And, At
69. Apprehensive (comparative more Apprehensive, superlative most Apprehensive) Anticipating something with anxiety or fear
Apprehensive, Anticipating, Anxiety
70. Apprehensive adj inquieto I was feeling a little Apprehensive sentía cierta aprensión, me sentía inquieto he is Apprehensive that he might fail the exam teme or le preocupa suspender el examen she is Apprehensive that some accident might befall her children teme que or le preocupa que sus hijos puedan tener un accidente
Apprehensive, Adj, Aprensi, Accident, Accidente
71. Definition of Apprehensive written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
Apprehensive, Audio, And
72. Meet Apprehensive Andy: tongue-in-cheek humor and motivation inspired by my life with OCD and social anxiety
Apprehensive, Andy, And, Anxiety
73. Apprehensive Films is an independent American film production and distribution company
Apprehensive, An, American, And
74. Established in 1997 as a production company, Apprehensive Films' main focus was low-budget Grindhouse-inspired films shot in Super 8 mm film and 16 mm film
As, Apprehensive, And
75. In 2006, Apprehensive Films became a DVD distributor specializing in cult, horror and exploitation film
76. In 2009, Apprehensive Films took over the