See also: Apprehend Apprehended Apprehending Apprehender Apprehendable Apprehensive Apprehension Appropriate Approbation Approach Apprise Appreciate Appraise Appreciative Approximately Appreciable Apprentice Appreciated Approachable Approaching Apprenticeship Appreciably Appropriacy Apprised Appraisal Apprehensiveness Appraising Approximation
1. Apprehend definition is - arrest, seize
2. How to use Apprehend in a sentence
3. Apprehend definition, to take into custody; arrest by legal warrant or authority: The police Apprehended the burglars
Apprehend, Arrest, , Apprehended
4. Apprehend synonyms, Apprehend pronunciation, Apprehend translation, English dictionary definition of Apprehend
5. 43 synonyms of Apprehend from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 39 related words, definitions, and antonyms
Apprehend, And, Antonyms
6. Find another word for Apprehend
7. Apprehend: to have a clear idea of.
8. Find 55 ways to say Apprehend, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Apprehend, Along, Antonyms, And, At
9. Apprehend has three very different definitions.Apprehend may mean to take someone into custody on suspicion of having committed a crime.Apprehend may also mean to understand something or to perceive something
10. It is this meaning which often confuses English speakers, as it means that in some circumstances the word Apprehend may be considered a synonym for comprehend.
11. See 6 authoritative translations of Apprehend in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
Apprehend, And, Audio,
12. Still, he was about to Apprehend a fugitive who'd eluded the police for eleven years.: Because she didn't seem to be armed, police cars did not Apprehend her as she alternated between stops and starts and conversations with curious bystanders.: The incident caused a traffic jam along the Banda Aceh-Medan route as police officers conducted a sweep of the area hoping to Apprehend the attackers
About, Apprehend, Armed, As, Alternated, And, Along, Aceh, Area, Attackers
13. Apprehend - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
14. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Apprehend [sb] ⇒ vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat." (arrest) arrestar a vtr + prep: capturar a vtr + prep: prender a vtr + prep: Police Apprehended the suspect as he tried to leave the building.
Apprehend, Arrest, Arrestar, Apprehended, As
15. Apprehend 'Apprehend' is a 9 letter word starting with A and ending with D Crossword clues for 'Apprehend' Clue Answer; Apprehend (3) NAB: Capture, catch (3) Slap handcuffs on (3) Put the cuffs on (3) Capture, as a burglar (3) Arrest someone (3) Apt rhyme of "grab" (3) Slap the cuffs on (3)
Apprehend, And, Answer, As, Arrest, Apt
16. We "Apprehend" many truths which we do not "comprehend" [Richard Trench, "On the Study of Words," 1856] The metaphoric extension to "seize with the mind" took place in Latin and was the sole sense of cognate Old French aprendre (12c., Modern French appréhender); also compare apprentice)
Apprehend, And, Aprendre, Appr, Also, Apprentice
17. Definition of Apprehend in the Definitions.net dictionary
18. What does Apprehend mean? Information and translations of Apprehend in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
19. Synonyms for Apprehend in Free Thesaurus
20. 82 synonyms for Apprehend: arrest, catch, lift, nick, capture, seize, run in, take, nail, bust
21. What is an Order to Apprehend? •An Order issued by the Probate Judge: 1
22. A Coaching and Financial Education Company "Take Charge of Your Life, Live with Purpose and Impact the World" -Coach Shaddae Renee Email: [email protected]ApprehendVirtual.com Phone: 646-580-8506
23. Examples of Apprehend in a sentence
24. It took five police cruisers to Apprehend the drunk driver
25. 🔊 Hopefully the law enforcement agents will Apprehend the killer before he harms anyone else
Agents, Apprehend, Anyone
26. 🔊 If the agents Apprehend the drug king before he makes the deal, they will prevent a huge shipment of cocaine from hitting the streets
27. How many syllables in Apprehend? 9 8 4 7 6 5 3 1 2 syllables
28. Divide Apprehend into syllables: ap-pre-hend Primary syllable stress: ap-pre-hend Secondary syllable stress: ap-pre-hend How to pronounce Apprehend: ap-ri-hend How to say Apprehend: How to pronounce Apprehend
29. Wondering why Apprehend is 9 8 4 7 6 5 3 1 2 syllables
30. To Apprehend is to capture or arrest, as when the police try to Apprehend criminals and bring them to justice
Apprehend, Arrest, As, And
31. You also Apprehend a concept when you understand it, grasping or capturing its meaning.
32. What is the definition of Apprehend? What is the meaning of Apprehend? How do you use Apprehend in a sentence? What are synonyms for Apprehend?
33. Translation for 'Apprehend' in the free English-German dictionary and many other German translations.
34. Apprehend', verb transitive [Latin Apprehendo, of ad and prehendo, to take or seize.]
Apprehend, Apprehendo, Ad, And
35. In this literal sense, it is applied chiefly to taking or arresting persons by legal process, or with a view to trial; as to Apprehend a thief.
Applied, Arresting, As, Apprehend
36. Definition of Apprehend written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
Apprehend, Audio, And
37. State Police Apprehend Missouri fugitives in Carrizozo Nicole Maxwell, Alamogordo Daily News 1/30/2021 US Coronavirus: If vaccinations pick up while cases drop, US would be 'closer to being safe
38. ‘Historians, in other words, need to Apprehend and to understand the rough as well as the respectable manhood of American workers.’ ‘Knowing, by contrast, refers to mental states' faculty to perceive or Apprehend what appears.’
Apprehend, And, As, American, Appears
39. As to the interdiction by the non-intercourse act, I Apprehend that was founded on the violation of our neutral rights by the belligerent powers, the President of the United States being authorized to renew trade whenever the edicts violating our lawful commerce should be revoked.
As, Act, Apprehend,
40. Apprehend definition: If the police Apprehend someone, they catch them and arrest them
Apprehend, And, Arrest
41. Context examples “I Apprehend you never supposed my worldly circumstances to be very good,” replied the assistant
42. Seward, that you hardly Apprehend my wish
43. Apprehend actually isn’t all that new, or at least the use of that fungus as a pesticide isn’t
Apprehend, Actually, All, At, As
44. … about twenty reviews which are A product called Apprehend uses this fungus, which apparently is very Getting rid of bed … I had a pest control company charge me $450 to treat my upstairs for Bed Bugs.
About, Are, Apprehend, Apparently
45. What does Apprehend mean? To take into custody; arrest
46. (verb) Apprehended the murderer.
47. "Apprehend" means to take into custody or grasp mentally
48. While "Apprehend" sometimes means "understand," it is best to use "comprehend" because it's easier for most people to understand
49. II If hee Apprehend you flout him, once, he will flie at you
50. 101 I Apprehend that secrecy is as necessary now as ever it was.
51. Apprehend is an episode of May I Have a Word where Phil correctly defined the word
52. 1 Plot 2 Prizes 3 Trivia 4 Transcript 5 Featured on WordGirl episodes In Round 1, Tommy buzzes in first and guesses that Apprehend means "to dress like a pirate, like Captain Tangent in that last sceneor like ME this past Halloween!" while holding up a photo of him, wearing a paper hat and eye patch and
53. Translation for 'to Apprehend' in the free English-Swedish dictionary and many other Swedish translations.
54. To take into custody; arrest: Apprehended the murderer
55. To grasp mentally; understand: "Science is the systematic method by which we Apprehend what is true about the real world in which we live" (Richard Dawkins)
56. KJV Dictionary Definition: Apprehend Apprehend
57. Apprehendo, of ad and prehendo, to take or seize
Apprehendo, Ad, And
58. In this literal sense, it is applied chiefly to taking or arresting persons by legal process, or with a view to trial; as to Apprehend a thief.
Applied, Arresting, As, Apprehend
59. Police Apprehend 1 suspect in deadly Atlanta spa shootings rampage Former FBI deputy director: Strong indicator shooter targeted specific group …
60. Police Apprehend York County fugitive in carport after chase across Pennsylvania Turnpike Shelly Stallsmith, York Daily Record 1/26/2021
Apprehend, After, Across
61. Apprehend somebody (of the police) to catch somebody and arrest them
Apprehend, And, Arrest
62. The police Apprehended an armed suspect near the scene of the crime
Apprehended, An, Armed
63. The thief was Apprehended in the act of stealing a car
64. 1 day ago · Merrimack police Apprehend suspect wanted in Nashua; charges filed by both departments By Dean Shalhoup - Senior Staff Reporter Mar 24, 2021 Anthony Clark, 24, of 728 Main St, Manchester
Ago, Apprehend, Anthony
65. (WTNH) — Connecticut State Police helped Friday morning Apprehend an 18-year-old man accused of kidnapping two juvenile girls from New …
Apprehend, An, Accused
apprehend (verb) · apprehends (third person present) · apprehended (past tense) · apprehended (past participle) · apprehending (present participle)