apportion (verb) · apportions (third person present) · apportioned (past tense) · apportioned (past participle) · apportioning (present participle)
1. Apportion definition is - to divide and share out according to a plan; especially : to make a proportionate division or distribution of
2. How to use Apportion in a sentence.
3. See synonyms for Apportion on Thesaurus.com verb (used with object) to distribute or allocate proportionally; divide and assign according to some rule of proportional distribution: to Apportion expenses among the three men.
4. Apportion synonyms, Apportion pronunciation, Apportion translation, English dictionary definition of Apportion
5. To distribute or allocate proportionally; divide or assign: Apportion the bonus among the staff.
6. 18 synonyms of Apportion from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 65 related words, definitions, and antonyms
7. Find another word for Apportion
8. Apportion: to give as a share or portion.
9. / əˈpɔːr.ʃ ə n / to give or share out something, especially blame or money, among several people or things: When we know how much is profit, then we can Apportion the money among/between us
10. The investigation into the air crash would inevitably Apportion …
11. Apportion: 1 v distribute according to a plan or set apart for a special purpose Synonyms: allocate Types: show 5 types hide 5 types reallocate , reApportion allocate, distribute, or Apportion anew ration , ration out distribute in rations, as in the army award , present give, especially as an honor or reward certificate present someone
12. EXAMPLE SENTENCES FROM THE WEB British health officials say that it’s the best way to Apportion a limited number of doses and contain a deadly wave of contagion that has pushed the country into a series of extended lockdowns and has overwhelmed hospitals in the past month
13. Ap·por·tioned, ap·por·tion·ing, ap·por·tions To divide and assign according to a plan; allot: "The tendency persists to Apportion blame as suits the circumstances" …
14. The Crossword Solver found 52 answers to the Apportion crossword clue
15. This process is typically known as Apportioning or Apportionment.
16. The definition of Apportion is to give out a certain amount of something to a number of people
17. If a country only had a certain amount of wheat and decided to ration it in a fair manner, that would be an example of Apportion …
18. Apportion (third-person singular simple present Apportions, present participle Apportioning, simple past and past participle Apportioned) To divide and distribute portions of a whole
19. The controlling party had Apportioned the voting districts such …
20. Dictionary entry overview: What does Apportion mean? • Apportion (verb) The verb Apportion has 2 senses:
21. Give out as one's portion or share Familiarity information: Apportion used as a verb is rare.
22. Apportionment is the determination of the percentage of a business’ profits subject to a given jurisdiction’s corporate income or other business taxes
23. States Apportion business profits based on some combination of the percentage of company property, payroll, and sales located within their borders
24. United States congressional Apportionment is the process by which seats in the United States House of Representatives are distributed among the 50 states according to the most recent decennial census mandated by the United States Constitution.Each state is Apportioned a number of seats which approximately corresponds to its share of the aggregate population of the 50 states.
25. Ap‧por‧tion /əˈpɔːʃən-ɔːr-/ verb [ transitive] formal to divide and share something between a number of people or organizations Apportion something to/amongst/between a scheme which will Apportion shares in state enterprises to the general public Funding will be Apportioned between the country’s local education authorities
26. → See Verb table Origin Apportion (1500-1600) French Apportionner, from …
27. Late 16th century from Old French Apportionner or medieval Latin Apportionare, from ad- ‘to’ + portionare ‘divide into portions’.
28. After that legislation is enacted, FTA publishes a Notice in the Federal Register that provides an overview of the Apportionments and allocations based on these funds for the various FTA programs as well as statements of policy and
29. Apportion 'Apportion' is a 9 letter word starting with A and ending with N Crossword clues for 'Apportion'
30. Apportion something The programme gives the facts but does not Apportion blame
31. Apportion something among/between/to somebody They Apportioned the land among members of the family
32. Oxford Collocations Dictionary Apportion is used with these nouns as the object: blame; See full entry.
33. Verb When you Apportion something such as blame, you decide how much of it different people deserve or should be given.
34. Apportionment generally refers to the division of business income among states by the use of an Apportionment formula
35. A trade or business with business income attributable to sources both inside and outside of California are required to Apportion such income.
36. For example, for an employee earning $10.00 per hour who worked 48 hours in a particular workweek in 2014 and then received a $2,600 annual production bonus at the end of 2014, the employer would--under these circumstances--be required to Apportion back $50.00 for each workweek ($2,600/52 weeks) in which the bonus was earned, and then
37. Apportion [sth] to [sb] vtr + prep (responsibility, etc.: assign to) asignar algo a loc verb locución verbal: Unidad léxica estable formada de dos o más palabras que funciona como verbo ("sacar fuerzas de flaqueza", "acusar recibo")
38. The president Apportioned the open cabinet seats to his closest colleagues.
39. Apportion Meaning: "divide and assign according to rule," 1570s, from French Apportionner, from Old French aporcioner… See definitions of Apportion.
40. Definition and synonyms of Apportion from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
41. This is the British English definition of Apportion.View American English definition of Apportion.
42. When and how will VA Apportion veterans benefits? First, let’s talk about the two types of VA Apportionment
43. Second, we’ll discuss when the VA will NOT Apportion a veteran or survivor’s benefits
44. There are two types of VA Apportionment
45. The first is known as “general Apportionment.”
46. Has used several formulae for Apportionment since 1790.
47. The power to Apportion responsibility under the Law Reform Act 1945 afforded a far more appropriate tool for doing justice than the blunt instrument of turpitude.: Also, any direct seats won by independent candidates are subtracted from the parliamentary total used to Apportion list seats.: By 1216 he was the dominant power in Wales, holding a council at Aberdyfi that year to Apportion lands
48. To divide into parts.Co-owners of property may decide to Apportion maintenance costs among themselves, according to the percentage of ownership enjoyed by each
49. Buyers and sellers usually Apportion real estate taxes so that the portion earned by local government before closing,but not yet paid because not yet due,will be paid by the
50. ReApportion: 1 v allocate, distribute, or Apportion anew “Congressional seats are reApportioned on the basis of census data” Synonyms: reallocate Type of: allocate , Apportion distribute according to a plan or set apart for a special purpose
51. Examples of Apportion in a sentence
52. At the center, we Apportion afternoon snacks so that all children get at least one juice and one snack
53. 🔊 The charity will Apportion funds in a manner that will allow it to feed as many people as possible
54. He Apportioned the cake out among the guests
55. He Apportioned out the applications among all those in the waiting room.
56. See authoritative translations of Apportion in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
57.  Similarly, a corporate employee who began working in another state solely due to a Pandemic-Related Circumstance will not be deemed to cause the corporation to be subject to tax in that state for purposes of determining the corporation’s right to Apportion or for purposes of application of the principles of throwback or throwout
58. Answer: A nonresident individual with income from a business, trade, or profession who must Apportion its business income to California under CCR section 17951-4 must use the single-sales factor for taxable years beginning on or after January 1, 2013, unless more than …
59. It's not easy to Apportion blame when a marriage breaks up
60. I don't wish to Apportion blame among you / to any of you
61. The programme gives the facts but does not Apportion blame
62. To Apportion expenses among the thr
63. Synonyms for Apportion in Free Thesaurus
64. 28 synonyms for Apportion: divide, share, deal, distribute, assign, allocate, dispense, give out
65. When I fill out my MA tax forms by hand, I can Apportion my income by days, even though my entire income is shown as MA income on my W-2.
66. Another word for Apportion: divide, share, deal, distribute, assign Collins English Thesaurus
67. To divide into parts.Co-owners of property may decide to Apportion maintenance costs among themselves, according to the percentage of ownership enjoyed by each
68. Buyers and sellers usually Apportion real estate taxes so that the portion earned by local government before closing,but not yet paid because not yet due,will be paid by the
69. Apportioned: adjective administered, allocated , allotted, appropriated , assigned , carved up, dealt, distributed , divided , divvied up, doled out, parceled out
70. Jurisdiction Percent (By Jurisdiction) Apportion Distance of Total X 80,000 lbs
71. Fun Facts about the name Apportion
72. How unique is the name Apportion? Out of 6,122,890 records in the U.S
73. Social Security Administration public data, the first name Apportion was not present
74. Weird things about the name Apportion: The name spelled backwards is
Apportion definition is - to divide and share out according to a plan; especially : to make a proportionate division or distribution of. How to use apportion in a sentence.
Definition of apportion. : to divide and share out according to a plan especially : to make a proportionate division or distribution of Representatives are apportioned among the states.
Definition of apportionment : an act or result of apportioning especially : the apportioning of representatives or taxes among the states according to U.S. law Synonyms Example Sentences Learn More about apportionment
When we know how much is profit, then we can apportion the money among/between us. The investigation into the air crash would inevitably apportion blame to certain members of the crew. apportion sth between sb/sth The costs will be apportioned between the buyer and the seller.