appellative (noun) · appellatives (plural noun)
1. Tending toward or serving for the assigning of names: the Appellative function of some primitive rites
2. ‘A word of warning, Appellative names within the Society tend to be awarded by others often out of the recipient's own injudicious utterances.’
3. Appellative definition is - of or relating to a common noun
4. History and Etymology for Appellative
5. EXAMPLE SENTENCES FROM THE WEB Hence Appellative words bearing any affinity with the names of the deceased are presently abolished
6. THE ETHNOLOGY OF THE BRITISH COLONIES AND DEPENDENCIES ROBERT GORDON LATHAM We shall add, at the end, the Appellative names contained in the laws, with their original and explication.
7. Appellative definition: an identifying name or title ; appellation Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
8. Identifying word or words by which someone or something is called and classified or distinguished from others Familiarity information: Appellative used as a noun is very rare.
9. Appellative (Crossword clue) We found 11 answers for “Appellative”. This page shows answers to the clue Appellative, followed by 3 definitions like “ A common name, distinction from a proper name ”, “ A common name, in distinction from a proper name ” and “ Inclined to …
10. Appellative is a crossword puzzle clue
11. Appellative is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted 1 time
12. As an Appellative or a pejorative, it is a term that was used quite widely; in fact, we can trace the term back almost a thousand years before the time of Moses
13. Appellative A common name, in distinction from a proper name
14. A common name, or Appellative, stands for a whole class, genus, or species of beings, or for universal ideas.Thus, tree is the name of all plants of a particular class; plant and vegetable are names of things that grow out of the earth
15. Definition of Appellative_1 adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
16. Appellative Meaning: "serving to name or mark out, common (as opposed to proper)," from Latin appellativus, from appellat-,… See definitions of Appellative.
17. Appellative - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
18. Additionally, Appellative is the adjective form for appellate or the appeals court system in the United States
19. Synonyms for Appellative include title, moniker, handle, designation, name, denomination, cognomen, appellation, denotation and compellation
20. Definitions and Meaning of Appellative in English Appellative adjective
21. Inclined to or serving for the giving of names Synonyms: naming Examples - the Appellative faculty of children - the Appellative function of some primitive rites; pertaining to or dealing with or used as a common noun; noun
22. Definition of Appellative_2 noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
23. Translation for 'Appellative' in the free English-Spanish dictionary and many other Spanish translations.
24. Translation for 'Appellative' in the free English-French dictionary and many other French translations
25. Appellative pronunciation with meanings, synonyms, antonyms, translations, sentences and more Which is the right way to pronounce the word Milliarde in German? MILL-yar-duh
26. Definitions and Meaning of Appellative in English Appellative adjective
27. Inclined to or serving for the giving of names Synonyms: naming Examples - the Appellative faculty of children - the Appellative function of some primitive rites; pertaining to or dealing with or used as a common noun; noun
28. Since 1520s, like Jack, it has been used generically, as a common Appellative of lads and servants, as the name of a typical man of the common folk, of a Scottish or North Country seaman, etc.
29. Listen to music by Appellative on Apple Music
30. Find top songs and albums by Appellative including Lighthouse, Preface and more.
31. Use Appellative in a sentence, Appellative meaning?, Appellative definition, how to use Appellative in a sentence, use Appellative in a sentence with examples
32. An earlier usageOrigin of Appellativeclassical Latin appellativus from past participle of appellare, appeal 3
33. Wrote this riff in 2015, in fact it’s the channel trailer on the Appellative YouTube account if I remember correctly
34. Comment on the syllables in Appellative
35. A comprehensive resource for finding syllables in Appellative, how many syllables are in Appellative, words that rhyme with Appellative, how to divide Appellative into syllables, how to pronounce Appellative, how to break Appellative into syllables, and how to pronounce Appellative.
36. The Spanish for Appellative is apelativo
37. The Appellative faculty of children 1; the Appellative function of some primitive rites 1; pertaining to or dealing with or used as a common noun 1; identifying word or words by which someone or something is called and classified or distinguished from others 1
38. Latin: ·(grammar) Appellative, belonging to a species Antonym: prōprius
39. A general Appellative (i.e., a common noun) capable of being used in reference to a whole class of entities can also be used with an individual reference
40. Synonyms for Appellative in Free Thesaurus
41. 16 synonyms for Appellative: appellation, cognomen, denomination, designation, epithet, name
42. Appellative Meaning in English to Urdu is نام, as written in Urdu and Naam, as written in Roman Urdu
43. There are many synonyms of Appellative which include Appellation, Cognomen, Designation, Epithet, Handle, Moniker, Nickname, Tag, Title, etc.
44. Quick definitions from WordNet (Appellative) noun: identifying word or words by which someone or something is called and classified or distinguished from others adjective: pertaining to or dealing with or used as a common noun adjective: inclined to or serving for the giving of names ("The Appellative …
Definition of appellative 1 : of or relating to a common noun 2 : of, relating to, or inclined to the giving of names Other Words from appellative
Definition of appellate. : of, relating to, or recognizing appeals specifically : having the power to review the judgment of another tribunal an appellate court.
Synonyms for appellant. one that asks a higher authority for something, as a favor or redress. Synonyms. appealer. petitioner. suitor.