appear (verb) · appears (third person present) · appeared (past tense) · appeared (past participle) · appearing (present participle)
1. Appear definition is - to be or come in sight
2. How to use Appear in a sentence.
3. 'Appear' When someone or something Appears, they move into a position where you can see them
4. You also use Appear to say that something becomes available for people to …
5. 34 synonyms of Appear from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 65 related words, definitions, and antonyms
6. Appear definition, to come into sight; become visible: A man suddenly Appeared in the doorway
7. Appear verb (BE PRESENT) B1 [ I ] to start to be seen or to be present: He suddenly Appeared in the doorway.
8. Find 91 ways to say Appear, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
9. We use Appear to say how something looks or seems to look
10. We usually follow it by an adjective or by a to-infinitive: They Appear very disappointed
11. There Appears to be a problem with the car.
12. Appear - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
13. The Crossword Solver found 153 answers to the Appear crossword clue
14. Appear comes from the Latin apparere meaning "to Appear, come in sight, make an Appearance." Whether literally materializing or seeming to be true, the word Appear is used to describe something coming into sight or presenting itself
15. The word can also be used to describe an actor Appearing in a play.
16. Synonyms for Appear in Free Thesaurus
17. 72 synonyms for Appear: seem, be clear, be obvious, be evident, look (like or as if), be apparent, be plain, be manifest, be patent, look (like or as if), seem
18. Appear has won several national and international prizes for revenue growth, internationalization and technology
19. Appear is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, is privately held and has a AAA financial ranking.
20. Synonyms for Appear include seem, look, feel, act, resemble, sound, come off as, look like, strike as and strike you as
21. Conjugate Appear in every English verb tense including present, past, and future.
22. Appear verb conjugation to all tenses, modes and persons
23. Search the definition and the translation in context for “ Appear ”, with examples of use extracted from real-life communication
24. See 10 authoritative translations of Appear in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
25. Appear (v.) late 13c., "come into view," from stem of Old French aparoir, aperer "Appear, come to light, come forth" (12c., Modern French apparoir), from Latin apparere "to Appear, come in sight, make an Appearance," from ad "to" (see ad-) + parere "to come forth, be visible; submit, obey," which is of uncertain origin; de Vaan says from a PIE *prh-o-"providing."
26. If someone or something Appears to have a particular quality or characteristic, they give the impression of having that quality or characteristic
27. Cancerous cysts can sometimes Appear as normal ones at first, so we have to do further testing.
28. The Appear ABR Packager is a modular software solution providing powerful video ingest and segmentation engine, high-performance storage solution, just-in-time packager/DRM engine and origin server in one complete suite
29. I don't want to Appear in a gown if all of the other women are in cocktail dresses.
30. What does Appear mean? To Appear is to seem or look a certain way
31. (verb) An example of someone that may Appear to be smart is a college profes
32. To become visible: a plane Appearing in the sky
33. To be shown or included: That logo Appears on all their sports equipment
34. To come into existence: New strains of viruses Appear periodically
35. To give the impression of being in a certain way; seem: The child Appeared unhappy
36. Appear as a character on stage or Appear in a play, etc.; "Gielgud Appears briefly in this movie" "She Appeared in `Hamlet' on the London stage" 7
37. Present oneself formally, as before a (judicial) authority; "He had to Appear in court last month" "She Appeared on several charges of theft"
38. Appear as definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation
39. A man will Appear in court today charged with the murder
40. She is expected to Appear at Dumfries Sheriff Court on Monday
41. She Appeared on six charges of theft
42. They will Appear before magistrates tomorrow
43. He has been asked to Appear as a witness for the defence
44. Word family (noun) Appearance ≠ disAppearance reAppearance (verb) Appear ≠ disAppear reAppear From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Related topics: Law ap‧pear /əˈpɪə $ əˈpɪr/ ●●● S2 W1 verb 1 seem [ linking verb] used when saying how someone or something seems.
45. Appearance Vox populi The way something looks or Appears
46. See Ace of spades Appearance, Anchovy paste Appearance, Bag-of-worms Appearance, Bearskin rug Appearance, Beaten brass/si
47. Find 116 ways to say Appear AS, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
48. Whereby (formerly Appear.in) is ranked #1 in ease of use on G2 Crowd
49. Definition of Appear written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
50. Make text Appear one line at a time
51. Select the Animations tab, and then pick an animation, such as Appear, Fade In, or Fly In
52. ‘It would Appear that one of Earth's rarest bird species might have gone extinct.’ ‘So, trapped in the musty atmosphere of planet earth, they Appear clumsy and fragile.’ ‘Canada's three major cities Appear to be in some kind of rivalry with one another.’
53. Come into being or existence, or Appear on the scene 6
54. Appear as a character on stage or Appear in a play, etc
55. Appear personally at the time and place stated below: The court address above Other: 2
56. Genesis 1:9 View whole chapter See verse in context And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land Appear: and it was so
57. Genesis 12:7 View whole chapter See verse in context And the LORD Appear ed unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who Appear ed unto him.
58. Symptoms may Appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus
59. Appear, Appear that vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat." (with clause: seem) parere che, sembrare che vi verbo intransitivo: Verbo che non richiede un complemento oggetto: "Dormivo quando mi ha telefonato" - "Passate pure di qua" It …
60. Symptoms of COVID-19 typically Appear …
61. Optical illusion makes ship Appear to float 00:36
62. To get the Adobe Acrobat tab to Appear, first make sure that you have the latest version of Office 2016 and that your version of Adobe Acrobat is compatible with it
63. Appear Online in League using Command Prompt
64. Are you ready for your friends to be able to contact you again? Going back to normal and Appearing online is easy
65. Follow these steps to Appear online
66. Step 1: Command Prompt; Step 2: Open the command prompt – cmd.exe and run it as an administrator again – just like you did to Appear offline.
67. .Appear(), Is this function really as a part of jQuery library? I could not find .Appear() function in jQuery doc
68. Can anyone please tell me difference between Appear() and show()?
69. Share your Appear.in room links here