See also: Appalled
1. Definition of Appalled : affected by strong feelings of shock and dismay … the Allied commanders were Appalled to learn that 300 glider troops had drowned at sea
2. — Kathleen McAuliffe I was amazed, impressed, Appalled, …
3. Appalled adjective horrified, shocked, stunned, alarmed, frightened, scared, terrified, outraged, dismayed, daunted, astounded, unnerved, disquieted, petrified, disheartened We are all Appalled that these items are still on sale.
4. Adjective overcome with horror, shock, outrage, or dismay: I am Appalled at the very idea of selling one’s vote.
5. 28 synonyms and near synonyms of Appalled from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 4 antonyms and near antonyms
6. Find another word for Appalled.
7. Stacie MacDonald, a former Republican candidate for the House of Delegates who is helping to finance the lawsuit, said in a statement she was “absolutely Appalled” at the county’s steps because of the fragile state of the economy.
8. Appalled is an adjective that describes feeling shocked and disappointed
9. Being Appalled happens suddenly, like when you find out your little sister has been blogging about your family, telling embarrassing stories. Appalled comes from the Latin word pallescere, meaning "to grow pale" — the kind of shock that drains the color from your face.
10. Having strong feelings of shock or disapproval: an Appalled silence / fascination I am absolutely Appalled by/at the state of our cities.
11. The definition of Appalled means you were shocked, disgusted or scared
12. Being stunned by pictures of abused children is an example of being Appalled.
13. Verb (used with object) to fill or overcome with horror, consternation, or fear; dismay: He was Appalled by the damage from the fire
14. I am Appalled at your mistakes.
15. The Crossword Solver found 86 answers to the Appalled crossword clue
16. / əˈpɔːl / to make someone have strong feelings of shock or of disapproval: I was Appalled at/by the lack of staff in the hospital
17. The state of the kitchen Appalled her.
18. I'd Appalled as a veteran that the U
19. So I say explictly I am an avid listener and supporter of public radio and I am Appalled as to the rightousness that is being presented here
20. Like most of us, I watched Appalled as the Oslo bombing was followed by the tracking down and killing of so many innocent young people on Utoya.
21. What's the noun for Appalled? Here's the word you're looking for
22. The state of being Appalled or alarmed
23. Examples: “One patient, in walking through the street, may be quite Appalled …
24. The idiocy of his behaviour Appalled her
25. Appalled at/by: I was Appalled by his arrogant attitude.
26. If you are Appalled by something, you are shocked or disgusted because it is so bad or unpleasant
27. She said that the Americans are Appalled at the statements made at the conference
28. We are Appalled that such items are still on sale
29. Synonyms: horrified, shocked, stunned, alarmed More Synonyms of Appalled
30. Fatal Portland shooting witness: 'Appalled' by 'people in the street celebrating' victim's death Gabriel Johnson says he holds the city and mayor responsible for the fatal shooting in Portland
31. It Appalled her, nevertheless, to discern here, again, a shadowy reflection of the evil that had existed in herself
32. A vision of the future like some dim, gaunt monster sometimes Appalled her, but luckily to-morrow never comes
33. The tactlessness of these ministers shocked many people who were Appalled …
34. Synonyms for Appalled in Free Thesaurus
35. 18 synonyms for Appalled: horrified, shocked, stunned, alarmed, frightened, scared, terrified
36. Examples of Appalled in a sentence When the stranger approached us and pulled down his pants, we were Appalled
37. 🔊 The religious teen was Appalled when she opened a profanity-filled email
38. 🔊 Since Jake lived a sheltered life as a teen, he was Appalled by many of the things he saw in his college dormitory
39. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English ap‧palled /əˈpɔːld $ əˈpɒːld/ ●○○ adjective very shocked and upset by something very bad or unpleasant Appalled by I was Appalled by what I saw
40. Appalled at He was Appalled at how dirty the place was.
41. So Appalled Lyrics: One hand in the air if you don't really care / Two hands in the air if you don't really care / It's like that sometimes, I mean ridiculous / It's like that sometimes, this shit
42. What is the definition of Appalled? What is the meaning of Appalled? How do you use Appalled in a sentence? What are synonyms for Appalled?
43. Appalled - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
44. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Appalled adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (shocked) (voz inglesa) en shock loc adj locución adjetiva: Unidad léxica estable formada de dos o más palabras que funciona como adjetivo ("de fácil manejo
45. Appalled - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
46. What is the definition of Appalled? What is the meaning of Appalled? How do you use Appalled in a sentence? What are synonyms for Appalled?
47. Definition of Appalled in the Definitions.net dictionary
48. What does Appalled mean? Information and translations of Appalled in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
49. The evidence put forth at the court Appalled most of the jury
50. An Appalled expression/silence; We watched Appalled as the child ran in front of the car
51. Appalled at something They were Appalled at the waste of recyclable material.; Topics Feelings c1
52. Appalled 'Appalled' is a 8 letter word starting with A and ending with D Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Appalled We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Appalled will help you to finish your crossword today
53. Meaning, Sentences, Synonyms and Antonyms for Appalled
54. Imagine this scenario: you don’t study the whole semester and you open your books a night before the exam; you’ll surely be Appalled to look at the syllabus that was covered in the last six months.
55. Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupSo Appalled · Kanye West · JAY-Z · Pusha T · Prynce Cy Hi · Swizz Beatz · RZAMy Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy℗ 2
56. Appalled Lyrics: Yea, uh huh uh huh / (CashFlow on the beat) / Yea, lawd! / Uh huh uh huh uh huh uh huh uh huh uh huh / Yea, look / I got a whole lotta stress I needa get off of my chest / …
57. The UN chief on Monday issued a statement saying he was "Appalled" by the reported killing over the weekend of dozens of protesters calling for the restoration of democracy, at the hands of the country's military.
58. SC ‘Appalled’ as UP cops arrest Jaypee IRP for e-way crash Delhi riots: Court says 100 suspicions don’t make a proof Fulfil the funding dream for your startup, here’s how Delhi: Lack of
59. Appalled (31 Occurrences) Noah Webster's Dictionary (imp
60. Multi-Version Concordance Appalled (31 Occurrences)
61. Leviticus 26:32 I will bring /a/Appalled.htm - 15k
62. "So Appalled" is a song by American hip hop recording artist Kanye West from his fifth studio album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010)
63. Appalled (comparative more Appalled, superlative most Appalled) Shocked, horrified by something unpleasant
64. I am Appalled that the ECR Group, which contains the British Conservatives, has submitted an amendment to this proposal which reduces its coverage
65. 'Shocked, Appalled' At Underaged Marijuana Rules: Lawrence Chief - Lawrenceville, NJ - Under the new law, police is prohibited from informing the parents of underage marijuana users unless
66. In response, HDF Kino today released a statement saying the cinema industry was “Appalled” to be at the “very bottom of the opening schedule”
67. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and several US lawmakers have said that they are Appalled by the ongoing acts of hate against Asian Americans and …
68. Appalled is an adjective that describes feeling shocked and disappointed
69. Being Appalled happens suddenly, like when you find out your little sister has been blogging about your family, telling embarrassing stories
70. Appalled comes from the Latin word pallescere, meaning "to grow pale" — the kind of shock that drains the color from your face
71. “I was Appalled,” Mayorga said
72. With Tenor, maker of GIF Keyboard, add popular Appalled animated GIFs to your conversations
verb (used with object), ap·palled, ap·pal·ling. appall. to fill or overcome with horror, consternation, or fear; dismay: He was appalled by the damage from the fire. (tr) to fill with horror; shock or dismay
Definition of appalling : inspiring horror, dismay, or disgust living under appalling conditions appalling savagery : very bad in a way that causes fear, shock, or disgust : being shocking and terrible He suffered appalling injuries.
verb (used with object) to fill or overcome with horror, consternation, or fear; dismay: He was appalled by the damage from the fire. I am appalled at your mistakes.
Main entry: aghast, appalled, shocked, dismayed. Definition: struck with fear, dread, or consternation. Antonyms: unafraid, fearless.