Apostle (noun) · Apostles (plural noun) · apostle (noun) · apostles (plural noun)
1. Apostle definition is - one sent on a mission: such as
2. How to use Apostle in a sentence.
3. Apostle, (from Greek apostolos, “person sent”), any of the 12 disciples chosen by Jesus Christ
4. The word Apostle most commonly refers to one of the 12 original disciples, or followers, who Jesus assembled to follow him and preach his message.
5. Answer: The word Apostle means “one who is sent out.” In the New Testament, there are two primary usages of the word Apostle
6. The first is in specifically referring to the twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ
7. Apostle Definition In the Christian faith, Apostles were those entrusted by Jesus to help organize the church and spread the message of His teachings
8. The word Apostle comes from the Greek word, apostelló, meaning a messenger or one sent on a mission.
9. An Apostle was an official representative charged with a commission
10. Jesus chose twelve men from among his followers to be his Apostles. An Apostle of Jesus Christ is a messenger sent to spread the gospel of salvation
11. The Apostles of Jesus Christ …
12. Apostle resists easy scares in favor of a steady, slow-building descent into dread led by a commanding central performance from Dan Stevens.
13. Apostle 2018 TV-MA 2h 10m Horror Movies In 1905, a drifter on a dangerous mission to rescue his kidnapped sister tangles with a sinister religious cult on an isolated island.
14. The Apostle Matthew, also known as Saint Matthew and Levi, was one of the twelve disciples of Jesus Christ
15. Apostle One of a group made up especially of the 12 disciples chosen by Jesus to preach the gospel.
16. Apostle is a 2018 period horror film written, directed and edited by Gareth Evans and starring Dan Stevens, Lucy Boynton, Mark Lewis Jones, Bill Milner, Kristine Froseth, Paul Higgins and Michael Sheen.It had its world premiere at Fantastic Fest in September 2018
17. In the New Testament Gospels, Apostle is usually reserved for the 12 men Jesus chooses to comprise his close circle of followers
18. Find 15 ways to say Apostle, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
19. Like the Apostle Thomas, Philip’s only significant mentions come in the Gospel of John (and they’re still not that significant)
20. Church tradition identifies Philip as the missionary to Greece, Syria, and Phrygia, but even early on, Philip the Apostle was frequently confused with Philip the Evangelist (also known as Philip the Deacon), which
21. Someone who strongly supports a particular belief or political movement: an Apostle of world peace / liberty the Apostles [ plural ] the group of early Christians who travelled to different places telling …
22. The second and most important qualification of an Apostle is that God has chosen a man to be an Apostle
23. This qualification is revealed in Acts 1:24-26 when the Apostles asked God to direct the lots
24. The lots revealed His will regard the Apostles.
25. 21 synonyms of Apostle from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 12 related words, definitions, and antonyms
26. Apostle: a person who actively supports or favors a cause
27. But the middle-ground viewpoint acknowledges there is a difference between being gifted as an Apostle (little "a") and possessing the authority of an Apostle (capital "A").
28. Original Word: ἀπόστολος, ου, ὁ Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine Transliteration: apostolos Phonetic Spelling: (ap-os'-tol-os) Definition: a messenger, one sent on a mission, an Apostle Usage: a messenger, envoy, delegate, one commissioned by another to represent him in some way, especially a man sent out by Jesus Christ Himself to preach the Gospel; an Apostle.
29. The Apostle title is generally for individuals that feel this is a more Biblically appropriate title
30. The Apostle is first class - beautifully filmed and photographed and directed with a knowing hand --- Just buy it, enjoy it and remember to thank me later
31. Jude, also called Judas, Thaddaeus, or Lebbaeus, (flourished 1st century ce; Western feast day October 28, Eastern feast days June 19 and August 21), one of the original Twelve Apostles of Jesus.He is the reputed author of the canonical Letter of Jude that warns against the licentious and blasphemous heretics
32. Paul the Apostle, commonly known as Saint Paul and also known by his Hebrew name Saul of Tarsus, was a Christian Apostle (although not one of the Twelve Apostles) who spread the teachings of Jesus in the first-century world
33. The office of Apostle was held by a limited number of men chosen by Jesus including the twelve disciples (Mark 3:13-19) and Paul (Romans 1:1)
34. The requirements for the office of Apostle included being a faithful eyewitness of Jesus’ ministry and His resurrection (Acts 1:21-22; 1 Corinthians 9:1) and being personally called by Jesus (Galatians
35. Apostle (n.) Old English apostol "messenger," especially the twelve witnesses sent forth by Jesus to preach his Gospel (Luke vi.13), from Late Latin apostolus, from Greek apostolos "messenger, envoy," literally "person sent forth," from apostellein "send away, send forth," from apo "off, away from" (see apo-) + stellein in its secondary sense of "to send," from PIE *stel-yo-, suffixed form of
36. “Paul was an Apostle to the Gentiles par excellence, so much so that the church became predominantly Gentile by the end of the first century” (Ferguson 2005, 37)
37. The militant Apostle was scarcely dry from his immersion when be began his preaching to the Jews of Damascus (Acts 9:20), with no apparent success entered into the record.
38. According to the list occurring in each of the Synoptic Gospels (Mark 3:13-19, Matthew 10:1-4, Luke 6:12-16), the Twelve chosen by Jesus near the beginning of his ministry, those whom also He named Apostles, were
39. Apostle is a provider of technologies and services for public health and life sciences
40. Our innovations feature Apostle MagTouch Nucleic Acids Isolation Automation System, Apostle MiniMax cfDNA technologies (see Science), and others
41. Our response to help our community fight COVID-19 together: High Quality *, Low Cost **, Fast #, Safe ##, Apostle COVID-19 Viral RNA Isolation Automation …
42. Apostle Salako ?who was a two-term member of the House of Representatives from 2003 to 2011 represented Remo Federal Constituency of Ogun State and vied for the Ogun East Senatorial District under the PDP in the party's primaries.
43. Apostle is the best in a field that requires a lot of patience for tiny humans and tiny teeth
44. ” in 15 reviews “ Gregory Apostle has taken care of both my children's teeth since the beginning
45. The final days of Paul the Apostle are the subject of the new movie “Paul, Apostle of Christ,” written and directed by Andrew Hyatt for Affirm Films
46. Apostle definition: The Apostles were the followers of Jesus Christ who went from place to place telling Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
47. 4 Antique Sterling Apostle Spoons, George Unite, Atkin Brothers - Harry Atkin, Roberts & Belk, Victorian Silver Master Salt Spoons IndustrialBlonde
48. Add to Favorites Vintage EPNS Boxed Teaspoons, Vintage EPNS Teaspoons and Apostle Design Sugar Tongs, Vintage Flatware, EPNS Silver plated Flat Ware
The apostles are the disciples of Jesus and all were canonised (made saints) with the exception of Judas. A saint is anyone who has led a virtuous life and or martyred for their faith and usually has miracles attached to them. With the exception of Judas Iscariot, all the Apostles are Saints. An apostle is basically a messenger.
The term apostle comes from the Greek word “apostolos” meaning “messenger”. Apostles mean the “sent forth ones.” Apostle is a person who is a special witness or messenger chosen by Jesus to preach the gospel. Apostles refer to the group of 12 main disciples of Jesus selected by Jesus to learn and preach gospel.
What does apostle mean? The word apostle most commonly refers to one of the 12 original disciples , or followers , who Jesus assembled to follow him and preach his message . According to the Bible, the 12 apostles were Simon Peter, the brothers James and John, Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James the son of Alpheus, Thaddaeus, Simon the Zealot, Judas Iscariot.
An Apostle Is One Who Is Commissioned. The term apostle was also used in the New Testament to describe an individual who was commissioned and sent by a community or church to preach the gospel. Saul of Tarsus, a persecutor of Christians who was converted when he had a vision of Jesus on the road to Damascus, is also called an apostle.