apology (noun) · apologies (plural noun)
See also: Apology
1. 1 a : an admission of error or discourtesy accompanied by an expression of regret a public Apology
2. A written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another: He demanded an Apology from me for calling him a crook
3. An acknowledgment expressing regret or asking pardon for a fault or offense: Please accept my Apology for being so late
4. Apology noun (SAYING SORRY) B1 [ C or U ] an act of saying that you are sorry for something wrong you have done: I have an Apology to make to you - I'm afraid I opened your letter by mistake.
5. Some common synonyms of Apology are alibi, apologia, excuse, plea, and pretext
6. While all these words mean "matter offered in explanation or defense," Apology usually applies to an expression of regret for a mistake or wrong with implied admission of guilt or fault and with or without reference to mitigating or extenuating circumstances.
7. Find 28 ways to say Apology, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus
8. To offer an Apology or excuse for some fault, insult, failure, or injury: You should apologize for being so insensitive.
9. An Apology is an expression of remorse for something you've done wrong, and serves as a way to repair a relationship after that wrongdoing
10. Apology, when sincere and intentional, is a powerful, perhaps even life-altering, tool for both the giver and the receiver
11. Apology has indeed changed my life
12. For example, “Bobby owes Grant an Apology for breaking his toy”
13. Apology” Bridge was an ambitious painter, with a few gallery shows under his belt, when he moved from Washington, DC, to NYC in 1977
14. The Apology of Socrates (Greek: Ἀπολογία Σωκράτους, Apología Sokrátous; Latin: Apologia Socratis), written by Plato, is a Socratic dialogue of the speech of legal self-defence which Socrates spoke at his trial for impiety and corruption in 399 BC.
15. Specifically, the Apology of Socrates is a defence against the charges of "corrupting the youth" and "not believing in the gods
16. Frankly, this place is an Apology for a hotel
17. Apology for [sth/sb] n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
18. Formal (apologia: defence of [sth], [sb]) apologie de [qch/qqn] nf + prép : The biography reads as an Apology …
19. Although in none of Plato’s dialogues is Plato himself a conversational partner or even a witness to a conversation, in the Apology Socrates says that Plato is one of several friends in the audience
20. What’s Your Apology Language? Just as our preferred Love Languages differ, each one of us has a preferred Apology Language that may differ from the people we love
21. This quiz will help you learn your Primary Apology Language so that you can better understand how to heal hurt in your relationships.
22. The truth in Black and white: An Apology from The Kansas City Star
23. Apology noun (SAYING SORRY) B1 [ C or U ] an act of saying that you are sorry for something wrong you have done
24. I have an Apology to make to you - I'm afraid I opened your letter by mistake
25. The Apology of Socrates to the Jury is Xenophon’s literary contribution to the many apologia written to explain the trial of Socrates (399 BC) to the Athenian public
26. Apology for [sth/sb] n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
27. Formal (apologia: defence of [sth], [sb]) apologia di nf sostantivo femminile: Identifica un essere, un oggetto o un concetto che assume genere femminile: scrittrice, aquila, lampada, moneta, felicità : The biography reads as an Apology …
28. Other articles where Apology is discussed: Plato: Early dialogues: The Apology represents the speech that Socrates gave in his defense at his trial, and it gives an interpretation of Socrates’ career: he has been a “gadfly,” trying to awaken the noble horse of Athens to …
29. The Apology Paperback – September 13, 2011
30. Synonyms for Apology in Free Thesaurus
31. 21 synonyms for Apology: regret, explanation, excuse, confession, extenuation, mockery of, excuse for, imitation of, caricature of, travesty of
32. " The Apology is more than a reckoning with a man long dead; it's a healing exploration of how survivors can recover from sexual abuse." - USA Today, "Five Must-Read Books" "For those men--the famous and the unknown-- The Apology is a blueprint of contrition." - Ron Charles, The Washington Post
33. The passive voice, the couched, conditional language, the excuses, the justifications -- all the political equivalent of "I'm sorry if you feel that way." It was an "Apology" that no one should
34. What makes this Apology email great: This tone of this Apology is serious, but optimistic
35. Next they explain their fault, commitment to a resolution, a sincere Apology, and resources for finding more information
36. Apology is often the first step in correcting a wrong
37. The Apology was the first item of business when parliament opened in 2008, and was witnessed by the thousands of people gathered in Canberra for the event and was broadcast all over the country
38. The Apology elicited a wide range of emotions amongst those affected.
39. The Apology explores the lives of former "comfort women", the more than 200,000 girls forced into sexual slavery during World War II
40. Available on iTunes @ http://smarturl.it/iKON_WCB_FULL#iKON #아이콘 #WELCOMEBACK #지못미 #ApologyMore about iKON @http://www.yg-ikon.com/http://www.facebook.com
41. An Apology is what you say or do when you want to let someone know (or fool them into thinking) that you regret something
42. An Apology is nice, but chocolates or large bundles of cash are nicer
43. 13 hours ago · Jacob Blake wants an Apology and police reform from the Kenosha PD for his August 2020 shooting
44. The Apology is an act that is neither about problem-solving or negotiation nor about arbitration
45. In transformative mediation, the Apology represents an opportunity for acknowledgement that may transform relations.
46. The Elements of a Good Apology Letter
47. Sorry does seem to be the hardest word, but if you can master these steps in the Apology process, you’re sure to make a good impression
48. These guidelines apply whether you’re apologizing for a personal error, or you’re writing an Apology on behalf of a team or business
49. Apology By Plato Translated by Benjamin Jowett
50. 13 hours ago · Lawyer wants Kita’s Apology reciprocated
51. Another word for Apology: regret, explanation, excuse, confession, extenuation Collins English Thesaurus
52. The latest tweets from @SunApology
53. The “Apology” of Plato may be compared generally with those speeches of Thucydides in which he has embodied his conception of the lofty character and policy of the great Pericles, and which at the same time furnish a commentary on the situation of affairs from the point of view of the historian
54. So in the “Apology” there is an ideal