1. This table comes from Barry Vacker's book, The End of the World — Again.This list is not exhaustive of all possible Apocalypses, but provides a good selection of the "end of the world" scenarios replicating throughout media, science, and culture.
2. Early Christians Apocalypses are written in the names of all the following figures except
3. Eugen Weber's "Apocalypses" was originally delivered as a lecture early in 1999 at the University of Toronto
4. 6 synonyms of Apocalypses from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 21 related words, definitions, and antonyms
5. Find another word for Apocalypses
6. Apocalypses: a sudden violent event that brings about great loss or destruction
7. What Are Some of the Important Apocryphal Apocalypses? The Book of Revelation is called an “apocalypse.” This means a writing which is an unveiling of the future
8. As there is a divine apocalypse revealed in Holy Scripture, there were also a number of apocryphal Apocalypses which were composed
9. From this more than two millennia history, he redresses the historical and religious amnesia that has consigned the study of Apocalypses and millennial thought to the ash heap of thought and belief.
10. John among the Apocalypses explains John's distinctive narrative of Jesus's life by comparing it to Jewish Apocalypses and highlighting the central place of revelation in the Gospel.
11. As for the plural form, it is simply Apocalypses, just as the plural of eclipse (which has a different etymology) is eclipses
12. ‘Science treasures its own Apocalypses, but the writer claims that the modern environmental movement lacks a sense of redemption and is therefore destined to remain in the political margins.’ ‘People's worlds end all the time; lots of people have personal Apocalypses on a daily basis.’
13. Apocalypses and Apocalypticism in Antiquity(Part I) IntroductionA series of scholarly milestones punctuates the history of the study of ancient Apocalypses and apocalypticism
14. Horsemen, Apocalypses is a Main Story Mission and part of IGN’s Red Dead Redemption 2 Walkthrough.This guide highlights mission strategies and Gold Medal requirements.
15. Firearms/Ammo/FFL Transfers - Check out our deals and specials at www.Apocalypsesports.com !!!
16. Apocalypses Everywhere When you do that Google search on apocalypse, you’ll also get the most fashionable current meaning of the word: “Any event involving destruction on an awesome scale; [for example] ‘a stock market apocalypse.'” Welcome to the age of Apocalypses everywhere.
17. [Apocalypses] is an elegant and amazingly concise account which we are advised to treat as a travel book of a journey through the underworld of popular religion
18. Few novels have so successfully told stories of two Apocalypses
What Does Apocalypse REALLY Mean? Did you know the word "apocalypse" originated in the Greek language and literally means an "uncovering"? It is a disclosure or revelation of great knowledge , an event that uncovers something important hidden in plain sight .
Apocalypse is defined as a group of Jewish and Christian writings such as the Book of Revelation, the last book in the Holy Bible, which predict events at the end of the world. The Book of Revelation of the New Testament is an example of the Apocalypse.
Bizarre Prophecy Claims Apocalypse Is Coming In December 2019. It's the first few days of a new year, which means people are going through the annual rigmarole of starting diets, cutting down on their drinking and just trying to be slightly better people.
Antonyms for apocalyptic. noun: anticlimactic, noncritical, unprophetic, trivial, insignificant, inconsequential, indecisive, unimportant. Usage examples for apocalyptic. A new apocalyptic seal of melody and harmony was let fall upon it.