1. In the 19th century, English speakers borrowed Aplomb, meaning "composure," from French
2. "Aplomb" can also mean "perpendicularity" in French and comes from the phrase a plomb, meaning "perpendicularly or literally "according to the plummet." A plummet is a lead weight that is attached to a line and used to determine vertical alignment.
Aplomb, Also, And, According, Attached, Alignment
3. Aplomb synonyms, Aplomb pronunciation, Aplomb translation, English dictionary definition of Aplomb
4. Self-confident assurance; poise: "It is native personality that endows a man to stand before presidents or generals with Aplomb" .
5. While all these words mean "a state of mind or a manner marked by easy coolness and freedom from uncertainty, diffidence, or embarrassment," Aplomb implies a manifest self-possession in trying or challenging situations. handled the reporters with great Aplomb In what contexts can assurance take the place of Aplomb?
All, And, Aplomb, Assurance
6. Aplomb It's the sort of scene a rom-com director with a deft touch might have managed with Aplomb; here the effect is cringe-inducing.
7. The definition of Aplomb is a strong belief in yourself and the ability to remain calm under pressure. To know with certainty that you are the best person for the job and then to perform it well is an …
Aplomb, And, Ability, Are, An
8. Of perfect intellectual acuteness and Aplomb, he sprang from a Virginia pedigree and was born in Kentucky.
Acuteness, And, Aplomb
9. 'Aplomb' is a 6 letter word starting with A and ending with B Crossword clues for 'Aplomb' Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Aplomb We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Aplomb …
Aplomb, And, Answers
10. Above are the results of unscrambling Aplomb
Above, Are, Aplomb
11. Aplomb is an amazing dojo that teaches martial arts and life skills needed to be productive citizens in today’s society. My son has been a part of Mission Viejo North for over a year now and we have been thoroughly impressed by the high quality of service
Aplomb, An, Amazing, Arts, And
12. Aplomb presents the products of international quality to every customer
13. How Many Words can be Made From Aplomb? Above are the words made by unscrambling A P L O M B (ABLMOP).Our unscramble word finder was able to unscramble these letters using various methods to generate 58 words!Having a unscramble tool like ours under your belt will help you in …
Aplomb, Above, Are, Ablmop, Able
14. Aplomb is the ultimate test for cool: grace under pressure. Use Aplomb to show great restraint under even the most trying circumstances
15. In retail, it's always a good idea to handle the angry customers with Aplomb
Always, Angry, Aplomb
16. Dougherty does a great slow burn, has a better-than-average singing voice and fires off Edna's zingers with great Aplomb. She received his bits of news with the Aplomb of a resourceful commander
Average, And, Aplomb
17. She had a quiet Aplomb, which would be called 'sang-froid' in a man.
18. Aplomb BodyPack Transmitter with Lapel & Headset Mic for WM333 WM333B Brand: Aplomb
19. Definition of Aplomb confidence and skill shown, especially in a difficult situation; keeping your cool Examples of Aplomb in a sentence Because the negotiator handled the hostage situation with Aplomb, the kidnapper released everyone without harm
20. Aplomb Whiting guides the reader through the complexities of tax policy with Aplomb, and his judgements are thought-provoking
Aplomb, And, Are
21. DESCRIPTION A special, exclusively formulated concrete plays the starring role in the Aplomb lamps, a model that combines sophistication with texture to cast a concentrated beam of light downwards.
22. Crossword Clue The crossword clue Aplomb with 7 letters was last seen on the March 11, 2021.We think the likely answer to this clue is PANACHE.Below are all possible answers to this clue ordered by its rank
Aplomb, Answer, Are, All, Answers
23. In classical ballet, Aplomb (French pronunciation: [aplɔ̃]) refers to an unwavering stability maintained during a vertical pose or movement
Aplomb, Apl, An
Aesthetic, And, Aplomb, Any
25. Aplomb in a sentence (1) Carried off the difficult situation with Aplomb
26. (2) Ms Sharpe handled their questions with great Aplomb
27. (3) He delivered the speech with his usual Aplomb.
28. DESCRIPTION Making up an integral part of the architecture, but with its own personality in the overall design, the Aplomb wall lamp is made with a special concrete that releases a …
An, Architecture, Aplomb
29. How to say Aplomb in English? Pronunciation of Aplomb with 1 audio pronunciation, 9 synonyms, 1 meaning, 11 translations, 4 sentences and more for Aplomb.
Aplomb, Audio, And
30. See authoritative translations of Aplomb in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
Aplomb, And, Audio,
31. Aplomb (usually uncountable, plural Aplombs) self-confidence ; poise ; composure
32. Definition of Aplomb noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
33. With Reverso you can find the French translation, definition or synonym for Aplomb and thousands of other words
34. You can complete the translation of Aplomb given by the French-English Collins dictionary with other dictionaries such as: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Larousse dictionary, Le Robert, Oxford, Grévisse
35. Aplomb Technologies is a solution provider company involved in the business of providing IT solutions to companies in all business domains on IT, Financial,Telecom, Health, Retail, Manufacturing, Insurance and Media
Aplomb, All, And
36. Aplomb was established in 1999 by like-minded people from different verticals of academia with a view that education can uplift the standard of living of the society at large
Aplomb, Academia, At
37. Synonyms for Aplomb in Free Thesaurus
38. 35 synonyms for Aplomb: self-possession, confidence, stability, self-confidence, composure, poise, coolness, calmness, equanimity, balance, self-assurance
39. A special, exclusively formulated concrete plays the starring role in the Aplomb lamps
40. The especially large and slimline design of the Aplomb Large …
41. (əplɒm, əplʌm) uncountable noun [usu with N] If you do something with Aplomb, you do it with confidence in a relaxed way.
42. What a situation for a man who prided himself upon his Aplomb, and upon bringing all that he undertook to the very highest standard of success! (Rodney Stone, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) Always mature for her age, she had gained a certain Aplomb in both carriage and conversation, which made her seem more of a woman of the world than she was, but her old petulance now and then
Aplomb, And, All, Arthur, Always, Age
43. ‘It is a film that attempts to succeed on two different levels, and manages it with Aplomb on both.’ ‘Wherever required, women salespersons are executing their tasks with Aplomb.’ ‘Once you get it moving on a motorway, though, it buzzes along with Aplomb.’ ‘The striker, making his debut, put the spot kick away with Aplomb.’
Attempts, And, Aplomb, Are, Along, Away
44. Source: Dictionary.com - The world's favorite online dictionary! * Aplomb [uh-plom, uh-pluhm] * noun imperturbable self-possession, poise, or assurance
45. Origin of Aplomb French 1820-1830 First recorded in
46. Aplomb Technology® is providing best solutions in movie playout software
47. Find 12 ways to say Aplomb, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Aplomb, Along, Antonyms, And, At
48. With a classic shape and medium coverage of your curvy-bits, the Aplomb will stretch in all directions to equally compliment big-busts, no-butts, petite pears, the tallest triangles, and all the beautiful in-betweens.
And, Aplomb, All
49. Aplomb is Galway’s newest menswear and lifestyle store