1. The first known use of Anyways was in the 13th century See more words from the same century From the Editors at Merriam-Webster Merriam-Webster’s Great Big List of Words You Love to Hate
2. Anyways is a real word and has seen use meaning "in any manner or respect" for over 800 years
Anyways, And, Any
3. Many believe the newer usage of "Anyways" meaning "at any rate, in any case" is not a real word, but it and other modern usages of "Anyways" have consistent use for at least 100 years as well confirming that it is a real word.
Anyways, At, Any, And, As
4. Merriam-Webster identifies Anyways as an archaic corruption of anywise, an expression meaning “in any way whatsoever.” In Old and Middle English, it was quite common to end adverbs in -s
Anyways, As, An, Archaic, Anywise, Any, And, Adverbs
5. Synonyms for Anyways include anyhow, anyway, regardless, whatever, anywho, in any case, always, leastwise, leastways and further
Anyways, Anyhow, Anyway, Anywho, Any, Always, And
6. Anabell asks, "It is correct or incorrect to say 'Anyways' to someone? As in 'Anyways, call me later!' 'Anyways' sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me." The correct word is anyway, which is probably why the sound of Anyways bothers you so much
Anabell, Asks, Anyways, As, Anyway
7. Anyways is a colloquial variant of the adverb anyway. It has a casual tone and may be considered out of place in formal or serious writing
Anyways, Adverb, Anyway, And
8. Although considered informal, Anyways is not wrong.
9. Anyways is a nonstandard dialect and informal variation of the word anyway. When used, it also functions as an adverb
Anyways, And, Anyway, Also, As, An, Adverb
10. You wouldn’t understand Anyways
11. Anyways, it’s time for a new focus.
12. Follow us on Instagram to keep up to date with Anyways Creative updates, and new projects as they are announced
Anyways, And, As, Are, Announced
13. To stay up to date with Anyways' newest projects, announcements and updates, sign up below
Anyways, Announcements, And
14. Anyways A term used by complete and utter cunts
15. Anyway is a common adverb used to mean “in any case,” while any way is an adjective-noun phrase that means “whichever path” or “in any manner.” Anyways is the informal form of anyway. While less common in formal writing, Anyways abounds …
Anyway, Adverb, Any, An, Adjective, Anyways, Abounds
16. Anyways synonyms, Anyways pronunciation, Anyways translation, English dictionary definition of Anyways
17. Anything but, anything goes, anything like, anytime, anyway, Anyways, anywhere, anywheres, anywise, ANZ, Anza Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © …
Anything, Anytime, Anyway, Anyways, Anywhere, Anywheres, Anywise, Anz, Anza
18. Anyways, I suggest you take a good look at the dictionary
19. Where I am from, we use “Anyways” in place of “so anyway” in the beginning of a sentence
Am, Anyways, Anyway
20. If your in a conversation that has drifted off subject, one would say, “Anyways,” and get back on subject
21. Anyways Anyways, the theory would be easy to test as digging down should lead to an exponential dropoff of the hydroxyl components thus formed.
Anyways, As, An
22. Anyways Apart from that, the intensity is only recorded and displayed for position 0 Anyways and the four calculation steps could just as well be merged into a single step
Anyways, Apart, And, As
23. Anyways While it may seem that the words ‘anyway’ and ‘Anyways’ should share the same definition and meaning, they don’t
Anyways, Anyway, And
24. This is not the case in the word ‘Anyways’, as […]
25. ‘You seem to hate her, Anyways, so I don't get why you had to put her up here, of all places.’ ‘I didn't really mind sitting alone and lunch is almost like a study hall to me Anyways.’ ‘Adam didn't seem to be listening, he had a dazed look on his face, but he nodded Anyways.’
Anyways, All, Alone, And, Almost, Adam
26. Stream/Download "Anyways":https://youngnudy.lnk.to/AnywaysIDSubscribe for more official content from Young Nudy:https://youngnudy.lnk.to/SubscribeFollow Youn
27. Synonym for anyway Not really a difference in meaning, but "Anyways" is always colloquial (and possibly more common in some regions than others)
Anyway, Anyways, Always, And
28. "Anyways" can have a friendly, folksy feeling to it
29. Synonyms for Anyways in Free Thesaurus
30. 5 synonyms for Anyways: anyhow, anyway, at any rate, in any case, in any event
Anyways, Anyhow, Anyway, At, Any
31. Definition of Anyways in the Definitions.net dictionary
32. What does Anyways mean? Information and translations of Anyways in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
33. “Anyways” with the S is considered slang, and is a …
34. Anyways is a long standing pub for me to go when I'm in the area
35. Anyways is a colloquial usage and is non-standard English.
36. ‘You seem to hate her, Anyways, so I don't get why you had to put her up here, of all places.’ ‘I didn't really mind sitting alone and lunch is almost like a study hall to me Anyways.’ ‘Adam didn't seem to be listening, he had a dazed look on his face, but he nodded Anyways.’
Anyways, All, Alone, And, Almost, Adam
37. Anyways Edit, test and publish alternative transport schemes
Anyways, And, Alternative
38. The use of Anyways also makes the people sound more casual and relaxed than anyway
Anyways, Also, And, Anyway
39. In America, it is an accepted word and people use both anyway and Anyways interchangeably as if they have the liberty to use any
America, An, Accepted, And, Anyway, Anyways, As, Any
40. The use of Anyways appears rustic while anyway is more formal in nature
Anyways, Appears, Anyway
41. What is the difference between Anyway and Anyways?
Anyway, And, Anyways
42. Anyways is an EP by The Starting Line, and is the band's first release containing new material since 2007
Anyways, An, And
43. On December 14, 2015, The Starting Line announced the release date and cover art for Anyways
Announced, And, Art, Anyways
44. Anyways definition: Anyways is a non-standard form of → anyway
45. Anyways Creative is part of The HudsonBec Group and a sister company to It’s Nice That, Lecture in Progress and If You Could Jobs
46. A friend of mine says "Anyways" all the time, and it's so ***** annoying, I've noticed so many other people say "Anyways" as well, it's one of my pet peeves
Anyways, All, And, Annoying, As
47. Translations in context of "Anyways" in English-Spanish from Reverso Context: Disguised pirates are somewhat inflationary Anyways during carnival.
48. Definition of Anyways (adverb): anyway
Anyways, Adverb, Anyway
49. Definition and synonyms of Anyways from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
50. This is the British English definition of Anyways.View American English definition of Anyways.
51. Anyways 90 followers on LinkedIn
52. Anyways offers a service to cities and municipalities so they can edit, test and publish new transport
53. “Anyways” at the beginning of a sentence usually indicates that the speaker has resumed a narrative thread: “Anyways, I told Matilda that guy was a lazy bum before she ever married him.” It also occurs at the end of phrases and sentences, meaning “in any case“: “He wasn’t all that good-looking Anyways.”
Anyways, At, Also, And, Any, All
54. One of my favourites at this year's Toronto International Film Festival, "Laurence Anyways" is a gritty drama showcasing what it means to be constricted by societal "norms" of being a certain gender.
Anyway is a common adverb used to mean “in any case,” while any way is an adjective-noun phrase that means “whichever path” or “in any manner.” Anyways is the informal form of anyway. While less common in formal writing, anyways abounds in everyday speech or dialogue. It often signals a transition.
‘Anyway’ and ‘anyways’ are next to each other as they appear alphabetically in the dictionary; ‘anyway’ comes first, however, since it lacks the extra letter at the end. There is no difference in the way the two words are spoken; the only difference in spelling is the additional ‘s’ at the end of anyways.
“Anyway” is an adverb meaning regardless. Simply put, “anyway” without an S is correct. Always use it without the S. “Anyways” with the S is considered slang, and is a part of nonstandard, colloquial, or informal English.
1. In any way or manner whatever: Get the job done anyway you can. 2. In any case; at least: I don't know if it was lost or stolen; anyway, it's gone. 3. Nevertheless; regardless: It was raining but they played the game anyway.