See also: Antithesis Antithesis” Thesis Antidote Antigen Anticipate Antithetical Antiquity Antics Antipathy Anticipation Antibody Antiquated Antiseptic Antibiotic Antique Antioxidant Antisocial Anticipated Anti
1. But Antithesis normally means simply "opposite". Thus, war is the Antithesis of peace, wealth is the Antithesis of poverty, and love is the Antithesis of hate.
2. Antithesis definition, opposition; contrast: the Antithesis of right and wrong
3. Antithesis synonyms, Antithesis pronunciation, Antithesis translation, English dictionary definition of Antithesis
4. The direct or exact opposite: Hope is the Antithesis of despair
5. Antithesis definition: Antithesis is a literary and rhetorical device where two seemingly contrasting ideas are expressed through parallel structure.
Antithesis, And, Are
6. Antithesis, (from Greek antitheton, “opposition”), a figure of speech in which irreconcilable opposites or strongly contrasting ideas are placed in sharp juxtaposition and sustained tension, as in the saying “Art is long, and Time is fleeting.”
Antithesis, Antitheton, Are, And, As, Art
7. Antithesis is a figure of speech that juxtaposes two contrasting or opposing ideas, usually within parallel grammatical structures. For instance, Neil Armstrong used Antithesis when he stepped onto the surface of the moon in 1969 and said, "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."
Antithesis, Armstrong, And
8. Antithesis is a rhetorical term for the juxtaposition of contrasting ideas in balanced phrases or clauses.
9. Antithesis Antithesis is the term used to refer to an author's use of two contrasting or opposite terms in a sentence for effect. The two terms are set near each other to enhance or highlight the contrast in opposite meaning
Antithesis, An, , Are
10. Sometimes, characters in literary works are the Antithesis of each other.
11. 7 synonyms of Antithesis from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 6 related words, definitions, and antonyms
Antithesis, And, Antonyms
12. Find another word for Antithesis
13. Antithesis: something that is …
14. The exact opposite, or opposition: [ C ] The relaxed company management is the Antithesis of a formal bureaucracy.
15. Antithesis (Greek for “setting opposite”) means “a contrast or opposite.” For example, when something or someone is the opposite of another thing or person
16. As a rhetorical device, Antithesis pairs exact opposite or contrasting ideas in a parallel grammatical structure.
17. Antithesis can be defined as "a figure of speech involving a seeming contradiction of ideas, words, clauses, or sentences within a balanced grammatical structure
18. An Antithesis must always contain two ideas within one statement.
An, Antithesis, Always
19. An Antithesis is used when the writer employs two sentences of contrasting meanings in close proximity to one another
An, Antithesis, Another
20. Whether they are words or phrases of the same sentence, an Antithesis is used to create a stark contrast using two divergent elements that come together to …
Are, An, Antithesis
21. Antithesis examples can be commonly spotted in novels, poems and quotes
22. In fact, you can find people often using quotes like 'to err is human, to forgive is divine' to inculcate good acts in others, which is a very valid example of Antithesis.
23. Antithesis (n.) 1520s, "opposition, contrast," originally in rhetoric, "the bringing of contrary ideas or terms in close opposition;" 1530s as "that which is in (rhetorical) opposition or contrast," from Late Latin Antithesis, from Greek Antithesis "opposition, resistance," literally "a placing against," also a term in logic and rhetoric, noun of action from antitithenai "to set against
Antithesis, As, Against, Also, And, Action, Antitithenai
24. Antithesis definition, opposition; contrast: the Antithesis of right and wrong
25. Antithesis: 1 n exact opposite “his theory is the Antithesis of mine” Type of: oppositeness , opposition the relation between opposed entities n the juxtaposition of contrasting words or ideas to give a feeling of balance Type of: rhetorical device a use of language that creates a literary effect (but often without regard for literal significance)
26. Antithesis literally means "opposite." It’s used by writers and speakers to compare two opposite ideas to achieve a contrasting effect
Antithesis, And, Achieve
27. Find 24 ways to say Antithesis, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Antithesis, Along, Antonyms, And, At
28. Antithesis (ann-TIH-thuh-suhs), put simply, means the absolute opposite of something
Antithesis, Ann, Absolute
29. Antithesis is an effective literary device because humans tend to define through contrast
30. Therefore, Antithesis can help readers understand something by defining its opposite.
31. In writing, an Antithesis is a device used to show contrast between two unlike objects or individuals
32. 🔊 It goes without saying that freedom is the Antithesis of captivity
33. 🔊 In the fairytale, the sweet caring girl is the Antithesis of her two evil stepsisters
34. Antithesis Contradictions Between the Old Testament Deity and the New Testament God
35. O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and Contradictions [Antithesis] of gnosis falsely so called.-- From …
Avoiding, And, Antithesis
36. Adjectives for Antithesis include antithetic, antithetical, antithesized, antithesizing, Antithesised and Antithesising
Adjectives, Antithesis, Antithetic, Antithetical, Antithesized, Antithesizing, Antithesised, And, Antithesising
37. Love is the Antithesis of selfishness
38. Students finishing their education at 16 is the very Antithesis of what society needs
39. The current establishment is the Antithesis of democracy
40. Antithesis is a literary device in which an opposition or contrast of ideas is expressed using a parallel grammatical structure
41. Antithesis (an-TIH-theh-sis): Figure of balance in which two contrasting ideas are intentionally juxtaposed, usually through parallel structure; a contrasting of opposing ideas in adjacent phrases, clauses, or sentences.
Antithesis, An, Are, Adjacent
42. The direct or exact opposite: Hope is the Antithesis of despair
43. Antithesis is the juxtaposition of opposites
44. ‘The Antithesis creates balance but also invites the reader to weigh the scales.’ ‘As a matter of fact no Antithesis exists between deduction and induction.’ ‘For Luther, the main Antithesis is not between philosophy and theology; it is between good theology and bad theology, according to Gerhard Ebeling.’
Antithesis, Also, As, And, According
45. ‘The Antithesis creates balance but also invites the reader to weigh the scales.’ ‘As a matter of fact no Antithesis exists between deduction and induction.’ ‘For Luther, the main Antithesis is not between philosophy and theology; it is between good theology and bad theology, according to Gerhard Ebeling.’
Antithesis, Also, As, And, According
46. The triad thesis, Antithesis, synthesis is often used to describe the thought of German philosopher Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
47. It is the Antithesis of democracy
48. Examples from the Corpus Antithesis • But to suggest that the conflict was over political rather than intellectual matters is to introduce a false Antithesis
49. • Coercion and domination subvert the integrity of love by creating power relationships that are its Antithesis.
And, Are, Antithesis
50. Antithesis definition: The Antithesis of something is its exact opposite
51. As nouns the difference between Antithesis and paradox is that Antithesis is a proposition that is the diametric opposite of some other proposition while paradox is a self-contradictory statement, which can only be true if it is false, and vice versa.
As, Antithesis, And
52. The main difference between Antithesis and paradox is that Antithesis is the juxtaposition of two contrasting ideas or words in the same statement to create a contrasting effect whereas paradox is a statement or an idea that seems to be contradictory but contains a latent truth.
Antithesis, And, An
53. Both Antithesis and paradox are two figures of speech that contain two contradictory ideas.
Antithesis, And, Are
54. Antonyms for Antithesis include epitome, same, similarity, confirmation, acknowledgement, admission, avowal, acknowledgment, reaffirmation and equal
Antonyms, Antithesis, Acknowledgement, Admission, Avowal, Acknowledgment, And
55. What is the opposite of Antithesis? Antonyms for Antithesis (opposite of Antithesis)
56. Although both may have words or phases that seem contradictory or opposite, Antithesis and Paradox are two different rhetorical devices
Although, Antithesis, And, Are
57. Antithesis relies on contrast, generally emphasizing the scale, magnitude or importance of two events, where as paradox is a confusing statement that usually conveys hidden truth after some thought.
Antithesis, As, After
58. Antithesis made me crying tears of joy, because there is really not much to criticize, unbelievable
59. The formula, thesis-Antithesis-synthesis, does not explain why the thesis requires an Antithesis
60. The Antithesis: Inception is a novel that is part of a series, and I was skeptical at first because I haven’t read any of the previous books within the series
Antithesis, And, At, Any
Antithesis Examples as Noun
Examples of Antithesis:
As nouns the difference between antithesis and juxtaposition is that antithesis is a proposition that is the diametric opposite of some other proposition while juxtaposition is the nearness of objects with no delimiter . As a verb juxtaposition is to place in juxtaposition.
Difference Between Antithesis and Paradox Definition. Antithesis is the juxtaposition of two contrasting ideas or words in the same statement to create a... Effect. Writers use antithesis to create a contrasting effect and bring the audience's attention to the point he or she... Structure. Antithesis often has a parallel structure whereas paradox doesn't have a set... Examples. More ...