antiseptic (noun) · antiseptics (plural noun)
1. Antiseptic definition is - opposing microbial infection; especially : preventing or inhibiting the growth or action of microorganisms (such as bacteria) in or on living tissue (such as the skin or mucous membranes)
2. How to use Antiseptic in a sentence.
3. An Antiseptic is a substance that stops or slows down the growth of microorganisms. They’re frequently used in hospitals and other medical settings to reduce the risk of infection during surgery
4. Antiseptic An agent that kills or prevents the growth of bacteria. This term is generally restricted to agents that are sufficiently non-toxic for superficial application to living tissues
5. Antiseptics are chemicals that people apply to the skin
6. 38 rows · Antiseptics and germicides are chemical agents that destroy microorganisms that cause …
7. Commonly used in Antiseptic towels, a family of substances known as quaternary ammonium compounds are also considered Antiseptics
8. Benzalkonium chloride is a common active ingredient of over-the-counter Antiseptic first-aid sprays
9. Antiseptic technique and the use of chemical Antiseptics is a recent development in the history of surgery and medical treatment. This isn't surprising since the discovery of germs and Pasteur's proof that they could cause disease didn't occur until the last half of the 19th century.
10. Topical Antiseptic Drug Products The completion of the monograph for over-the-counter (OTC) Consumer and Health Care Antiseptic Products is part of FDA’s larger, ongoing review of Antiseptic …
11. An Antiseptic is a substance which inhibits the growth and development of microorganisms. For practical purposes, Antiseptics are routinely thought of as topical agents, for application to skin, mucous membranes, and inanimate objects, although a formal definition includes agents which are used internally, such as the urinary tract Antiseptics.
12. Synonyms & Antonyms of Antiseptic (Entry 1 of 2) 1 being clean and in good order known for keeping a strenuously Antiseptic kitchen, the floor of which does indeed seem fit for eating off of
13. / ˌæn.tiˈsep.tɪk / a chemical used for preventing infection in an injury, especially by killing bacteria: Antiseptic is used to sterilize the skin before giving an injection
14. Many of the ingredients for Antiseptics …
15. ProCure Hand Sanitizing Wipes Canister – 160 Wipes - Moisturizing Formula with Aloe and Vitamin E - Kills 99.99% of Germs – 6" x 6" Antiseptic Cleansing Cloths 3,138 Dealmed Sterile Alcohol Prep Pads, Antiseptic Latex-Free Wipes, Gamma Sterilized, 200 Count 2,919
16. Antiseptic synonyms, Antiseptic pronunciation, Antiseptic translation, English dictionary definition of Antiseptic
17. An agent that destroys bacteria: She used an Antiseptic …
18. MEDI-FIRST Antiseptic Spray, Non-Aerosol Generic Name(S): benzocaine-benzalkonium Cl View Free Coupon
19. Antiseptic wash products, also known as antibacterial soaps, are intended for use with water and are rinsed off after use, and include hand washes /soaps and body washes.
20. An Antiseptic is a chemical agent that slows or stops the growth of micro- organisms on external surfaces of the body and helps to prevent infections
21. Antiseptics should be distinguished from antibiotics that destroy micro-organisms inside the body, and from disinfectants, which destroy micro-organisms found on inanimate (non-living) objects.
22. Dettol is the most commonly used Antiseptic
23. Iodoform is also used as an Antiseptic for wounds
24. Some Antiseptics are germicidal in nature, implying that they have the ability to completely destroy microbes
25. These types of Antiseptics are referred to as bacteriocidal Antiseptics.
26. Antiseptics are the substances that carry out antisepsis
27. Tricia Christensen Date: January 19, 2021 Antiseptic ointments help prevent infections.
28. Antiseptic ointment is a medicine that helps prevent infections or possibly fight them, and is prepared in an oil base
29. Hospital Antiseptic Side Effects
30. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Hospital Antiseptic.
31. Nozin ® Nasal Sanitizer ® Antiseptic is specially formulated to clean and protect your nose, a primary reservoir of germs.
32. Antiseptic combines anti-, “against,” and septic
33. Antiseptics synonyms, Antiseptics pronunciation, Antiseptics translation, English dictionary definition of Antiseptics
34. An agent that destroys bacteria: She used an Antiseptic ointment on the cut
36. 3M™ Skin and Nasal Antiseptic is an effective pre-operative intervention for protection against bacteria and infection
37. Antiseptic deters include bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and viruses! Believe it or not, some mouthwash is an Antiseptic
38. M outhwash Antiseptics include ingredients such as cetylpyridinium chloride, chlorhexidine (available by prescription from your Dentist), or zinc chloride.
39. What Is The Difference Between Antiseptic And Antibiotic? [fa icon="calendar"] 5/24/17 9:00 AM / by Jill Tilton
40. ‘The 1994 rulemaking included definitions for Antiseptic drugs, broad spectrum activity, and healthcare Antiseptics.’ ‘And sage, thyme and myrrh contain Antiseptic actions that help prevent the growth of bacteria.’ ‘To prevent catheter-related infections, it is important to use an Antiseptic hand wash before starting a procedure.’
41. Mucus contains various minerals, Antiseptic enzymes (such as lysozymes), immunoglobulins, and glycoproteins (e.g., lactoferrin, mucin)
42. Examples from the Corpus Antiseptic • These are the upstanding citizens, the clean and the Antiseptic
43. • The room has the immaculate, Antiseptic air of a hospital laboratory
44. • the Antiseptic language of science • I entered a hall crammed with low stretcher beds, placed row upon row on an Antiseptic…
45. An Antiseptic is a type of disinfectant, but not all disinfectants are Antiseptics
46. For example phenol 0.2% is an Antiseptic and 5% solution is disinfectant 
47. Types of applied Surface Antiseptic is applied on living tissues including skin …
48. Synonyms for Antiseptic include antibacterial, sterilising, sterilizing, antibiotic, bactericidal, disinfectant, germicidal, decontaminating, prophylactic and
49. Synonyms for Antiseptic in Free Thesaurus
50. 20 synonyms for Antiseptic: hygienic, clean, pure, sterile, sanitary, uncontaminated, unpolluted
51. Antiseptic: 1 adj thoroughly clean and free of or destructive to disease-causing organisms “doctors in Antiseptic green coats” “the Antiseptic effect of alcohol” “it is said that marjoram has Antiseptic qualities” Synonyms: clean free from dirt or impurities; or having clean habits healthful conducive to good health of body or mind aseptic ,
52. Antiseptic definition: Antiseptic is a substance that kills germs and harmful bacteria
53. Orajel™ Antiseptic Mouth Sore Rinse is specially formulated to promote healing of canker sores, ease gum irritation, soothe cheek bites, and lessen denture irritation
54. Antiseptic mouthwashes contain Antiseptic to kill bacteria and help to freshen your breath.: It is likely that you will be prescribed antibiotics and an Antiseptic mouthwash to reduce the risk of your implant becoming infected.: To prevent catheter-related infections, it is important to use an Antiseptic hand wash before starting a procedure.: The onion family, including garlic and leeks, are
55. Antiseptic definition: clean and honest synonyms: incorrupt antonyms: corrupt, prescription medicine
56. Antiseptic (plural Antiseptics) (pharmacology) Any substance that inhibits the growth and reproduction of microorganisms