ANTIRACISTS [ˌan(t)ēˈrāsəst, ˌanˌtīˈrāsəst]
1. Three Categories: Segregationists, Assimilationists, and Antiracists A group we can call segregationists has blamed Black people themselves for the racial disparities
2. A group we can call Antiracists has pointed to racial discrimination.
3. Last week, Columbia linguist, author, and self-described liberal John McWhorter published a masterful second installment of his most recent work “ The Elect: Neoracists Posing As Antiracists And Their Threat To A Progressive America.”
4. John McWhorter is publishing excerpts from his new book, The Elect: The Threat to A Progressive America from Anti-Black Antiracists
5. Kendi is on a mission to push those of us who believe we are not racists to become something else: Antiracists, who support ideas and policies affirming that …
6. Antiracists must be allies of transgender people, intersex people, homosexuals, non-binary people, and women
7. He also looks at how Antiracists can also be closeminded and need to be courageous rather than fearless.
8. Kendi emphasizes that “focusing on ‘racial discrimination’ takes our eyes off” the policy goals he and other self-proclaimed Antiracists support.
9. “I have always admired the Jehovah’s Witnesses, They are Antiracists, and mingled with one another
10. What makes the difference is that today’s Third Wave Antiracists have a particular weapon in their arsenal that lends them outsized power, much more impactful than a cream pie
11. The history of racist ideas tells us what strategies Antiracists should stop using
12. According to Antiracists, “whiteness” is a mindset allegedly created by white people’s privilege and prejudice, which causes them to wittingly or unwittingly regard other races as inferior, and to uphold institutions that sustain racial inequality.
13. The elect: the threat to a progressive america from anti-black Antiracists Serial excerpt No
14. This is a growing collection of short portraits of White Antiracists in U.S
15. Antiracists follow a religion that harms black people in countless ways In Between the World and Me, required reading for millions of undergraduates nationwide for years now, Ta-Nehisi Coates states that he had no sympathy for the white cops …
16. And to me, Antiracists fundamentally reject savior theology, that goes right in line with racist ideas and racist theology, which they say, you know what, black people, other racial groups, the reason why they are struggling on Earth is because of what they’re behaviorally doing wrong
17. Even after Braden became a dedicated antiracist, she received mentorship from more experienced White Antiracists like Aubrey Williams and James Dombrowski, whose names have fallen into obscurity and deserve to be lifted up… as do the names of so many other mentors
18. It is only Antiracists that are focused not just on legal segregation and discrimination, but also on internal feelings of superiority or inferiority that move society beyond racism
19. The concept of collective teacher efficacy is a powerful one: We can partner with other similarly minded White educators to help us unpack some of our biases, expand our understanding, and help us develop new strategies in our continued work as Antiracists.
20. Antiracists, on the other hand, know that there aren’t any genetic differences between races
21. And to me, Antiracists fundamentally reject savior theology, that goes right in line with racist ideas and racist theology, which they say, you know what, black people, other racial groups, the reason why they are struggling on Earth is because of what they're behaviorally doing wrong.
22. Everyday activities with Antiracists : Whites for racial justice; White panic; The ironic value of dishonor; Saviors and segregation; Color capital and white debt; Hailing whiteness; Beyond good and evil