See also: Antiphony Antiphonal Antipathy Antiphonally Antiphons Antiphonary Antidote Antigen Anticipate Antithesis Antithetical Antiquity Antics Anticipation Antibody Antiquated Antiseptic Antibiotic Antique Antioxidant Antisocial Anticipated Anti
1. Definition of Antiphony : responsive alternation between two groups especially of singers Examples of Antiphony in a Sentence Recent Examples on the Web The Italian Jewish composer Salamone …
2. W hen we founded Antiphony in 2001, we had a vision of creating a unique consulting firm to break new ground in the field of innovation. Our founding partners brought together a distinctive combination of academic and corporate experience – blending cutting-edge, theoretical concepts with real-world perspectives of senior executives.
Antiphony, Academic, And
3. Antiphony: 1 n a verse or song to be chanted or sung in response Synonyms: antiphon Types: gradual (Roman Catholic Church) an antiphon (usually from the Book of Psalms) immediately after the epistle at Mass Type of: church music , religious music genre of music composed for performance as part of religious ceremonies n alternate (responsive)
Antiphony, Antiphon, An, After, At, As, Alternate
4. Antiphony also helped InfoLogix develop a multi-faceted communications campaign to persuasively tell its story to customers, employees, analysts and the media. Drawing from internal InfoLogix experts, Antiphony created new thought-leadership materials, case studies, and customer testimonials for use in InfoLogix’s marketing collateral library.
Antiphony, Also, Analysts, And
5. Definition of Antiphony in the Definitions.net dictionary
6. What does Antiphony mean? Information and translations of Antiphony in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
7. ‘The alleluias are strong and simple, with mainly two-part Antiphony (back-and-forth) between the men and the women.’ ‘Harris's style is strong and assertive, imbued with an American melos of hymn tunes and folksongs, and using the orchestra to create powerful effects of block Antiphony.’
Alleluias, Are, And, Antiphony, Assertive, An, American
8. Chris Katsaropoulos is the author of more than a dozen titles, including two novels, Fragile and Antiphony, which is scheduled for release November 2011 from Luminis Books
9. Hypernyms ("Antiphony" is a kind of): music (an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner)
Antiphony, An, Artistic, Auditory, And
10. Derivation: antiphonal (relating to or resembling an antiphon or Antiphony)
Antiphonal, An, Antiphon, Antiphony
11. Antiphony (plural antiphonies) ( music , singing ) alternate , or responsive singing by a choir split into two parts; a piece sung or chanted in this manner alternate, or responsive ideas or opinions ; juxtaposition
Antiphony, Antiphonies, Alternate
12. Antiphony Meaning: "alternate or responsive singing," 1590s, from antiphon + -y (1)
Antiphony, Alternate, Antiphon
13. Alternative terms for Antiphonary are Antiphonal or Antiphony.The term comes from the Latin antiphonarium, antiphonarius, antiphonarius liber, antiphonale, which came from the Greek antíphonon "antiphone, anthem".
Alternative, Antiphonary, Are, Antiphonal, Antiphony, Antiphonarium, Antiphonarius, Antiphonale, Ant, Antiphone, Anthem
14. Antiphony contains examples of:
15. A Day in the Limelight: The side-story Shards gives the perspectives of Aladdin and his friends during the main story, though it’s a lot shorter since the last two-thirds of Antiphony take place in the Mirror of Fiereve and the Land of Black Sand, respectively.
Aladdin, And, Antiphony
16. What is the definition of Antiphony? What is the meaning of Antiphony? How do you use Antiphony in a sentence? What are synonyms for Antiphony?
17. Synonyms for Antiphony noun alternate (responsive) singing by a choir in two parts noun a verse or song to be chanted or sung in response Want to thank TFD for its existence?
18. See authoritative translations of Antiphony in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
Antiphony, And, Audio,
19. Another way to say Antiphony? 48 synonyms for Antiphony (other words and phrases for Antiphony).
Another, Antiphony, And
20. If Antiphony is the logic of digital culture, then the meme is its animating force
21. In Antiphony, music and musicians from China and the United States coalesce in one of the most unexpected collaborations the global village has yet produced
22. Antiphony antinomija sucralfate nadziranje hissatsu wyraziciel ekstraordinara hollands expectantly staircase cowrie sijaan glucosinolates determined number text attribute gokken digestive pharmacology mehrdeutig Heu, modo itera omnia quae mihi nunc nuper narravisti, sed nunc Anglice? obliger zazvoniti bucle a body nabo Spermium community paper
Antiphony, Antinomija, Attribute, Anglice
23. Antiphony should be included in every survey course on Scandinavian literature and/or culture
24. TONIGHT! Composer Matthew Patton adapted a piece from Guy Maddin's "My Winnipeg" for Antiphony to perform at Knox United Church
Adapted, Antiphony, At
25. Antiphony 17 is a valid Scrabble Word in CSW, formerly SOWPODS (Other Countries) Antiphony 18 is a valid word in WWF
26. Definitions for the word, Antiphony (n.) A musical response; also, antiphonal chanting or signing
Antiphony, Also, Antiphonal
27. Such is the case with this epic poem cum novel Antiphony by the Occasionally a diamond so settled in the crust of the earth can go unnoticed, perhaps lacking the light it requires to send dazzling prisms to the eyes of the chaotic mass of shufflers preoccupied with the instant gratification of technologies competing with the air itself for push
28. Listen to music by Antiphony on Apple Music
29. Find top songs and albums by Antiphony including Jeckyll & Hyde, Brute Force and more.
And, Albums, Antiphony, Amp
30. Antiphony, Otherwise: Speakers & Abstracts
Antiphony, Amp, Abstracts
31. Sentence with the word Antiphony
32. The two took up a kind of Antiphony, one against the other, now rising in volume, now dying down to a low grumble, again suddenly bursting like an explosion.
Antiphony, Against, Again, An
33. The cathedral, of course, always adds powerfully to the atmospherics at work - whether wrapping an evocative halo around the divided-chorus Antiphony in Elizabeth Poston's "Jesus Christ the Apple …
Always, Adds, Atmospherics, At, An, Around, Antiphony, Apple
34. This mode of complex Antiphony is defined here as steady responsa
35. In the three songs analyzed here , the 'composite text' issued from such a pairing of distant verses displays a high level of coherency, new literary properties, images and metaphors, echo patterns typical to Antiphony and even 'composite meanings' ignored by the linear reading.
Analyzed, And, Antiphony
36. Antiphony — noun (plural nies) Date: 1592 responsive alternation between two groups especially of singers … New Collegiate Dictionary
37. Antiphony — antiphonic /an teuh fon ik/, adj
Antiphony, Antiphonic, An, Adj
38. Antiphony's 4th annual Spring Concert will be featured at the Winnipeg Art Gallery on April 28, 2012
Antiphony, Annual, At, Art, April
antiphonal(Noun) An antiphon; a piece sung or chanted in an antiphonal manner. antiphonal(Adjective) Characterized by antiphones or antiphony; incorporating alternate, or responsive singing by a choir split into two parts.
O Antiphons. The O Antiphons, also known as the Greater Antiphons, are a set of seven separate antiphons, each beginning with an “O,” and followed by a title or special attribute of the Christ-child whose birth will be commemorated on Christmas.
Antiphonal music is that performed by two choirs in interaction, often singing alternate musical phrases. Antiphonal psalmody is the singing or musical playing of psalms by alternating groups of performers. The term “antiphony” can also refer to a choir-book containing antiphons.