See also: Anticline Antidote Anticipate Antigen Antithesis Anticipation Antipathy Antihero Antithetical Antics Antibody Antiquated Antiquity Anticipated Antisocial Antidiuretic Antibiotic Anti Hero Antibodies
1. A fold of rock layers that slope downward on both sides of a common crest. Anticlines form when rocks are compressed by plate-tectonic forces
2. An Anticline is a fold that is convex upward, and a syncline is a fold that is concave upward
An, Anticline, And
3. An anticlinorium is a large Anticline on which minor folds are superimposed, and a synclinorium is a large syncline on which minor folds are superimposed.
An, Anticlinorium, Anticline, Are, And
4. Anticline definition is - an arch of stratified rock in which the layers bend downward in opposite directions from the crest.
Anticline, An, Arch
5. Anticline [ ăn ′tĭ-klīn′ ] A fold of rock layers that slope downward on both sides of a common crest. Anticlines form when rocks are compressed by plate-tectonic forces.
Anticline, Anticlines, Are
6. An Anticline is a structural trap formed by the folding of rock strata into an arch-like shape. The rock layers in an anticlinal trap were originally laid down horizontally and then earth movement caused it to fold into an arch-like shape called an Anticline.
An, Anticline, Arch, Anticlinal, And
7. The Anticline Overlook is named for the curved, uplifted Kane Creek Anticline visible across the Colorado River to the north
8. About 5200 feet of salt-baring rocks, remnants from ancient seas, lie beneath the Kane Creek Anticline in the Paradox Member of the Hermosa Formation.
About, Ancient, Anticline
9. Syncline and Anticline Syncline and Anticline are terms used to describe folds based on the relative ages of folded rock layers. A syncline is a fold in which the youngest rocks occur in the core of a fold (i.e., closest to the fold axis), whereas the oldest rocks occur in the core of an Anticline.
And, Anticline, Are, Ages, Axis, An
10. This Anticline brought the coal seams close to the surface at a 35 to 40 degree angle going north towards Bellevue
Anticline, At, Angle
11. Anticline is a fold system in the rock formation which is in form of an inverted arc or a trough. It is an important structure which forms a structural trap of oil and gas accumulation
Anticline, An, Arc, And, Accumulation
12. Anticline créations - Fournisseur de Meubles & Objets Deco - Fabrication de mobilier sur mesure & Aménagements d'espaces professionnels +33 (0)4 68 54 91 68 [email protected]Anticline.fr Contact fr
Anticline, Ations, Amp, Am
13. Anticline This is an uplifted and folded terrain (called an Anticline), with eons of erosion exposing its interior structure.
Anticline, An, And
14. Is that antiform is (geology) a topographic feature which is composed of sedimentary layers in a convex formation, but may not actually form a real Anticline (ie, the oldest rocks may not be exposed in the middle) while Anticline is (geology) a fold with strata sloping downwards on each side.
Antiform, Actually, Anticline
15. Anticlines are folded rock formations that have an upwards convex shape
Anticlines, Are, An
16. This means that Anticlines look like a lowercase “n” or an uppercase “A” (“A is for Anticline” is a common phrase for remembering the shape of Anticline)
Anticlines, An, Anticline
17. Anticline is a type of fold that has an arch-like shape
Anticline, An, Arch
18. Generally, an Anticline is convex up, and the hinge is the location at which the curvature is highest
An, Anticline, And, At
19. Definition of Anticline noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
20. What does Anticline mean? A fold with strata sloping downward on both sides from a common crest
21. Anticline definition: a formation of stratified rock raised up, by folding , into a broad arch so that the Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Anticline, Arch, And
22. The Ortley Anticline is the highpoint to the east of the Mosier Syncline, and comprises the Columbia Hills on the Washington side and the Rowena basalts on the Oregon side
23. This Anticline is also refered to as the "Columbia Hills Uplift" and it is the western end of a series of Anticlines and synclines known as the Yakima Fold Belt.
Anticline, Also, As, And, Anticlines
24. The Anticline mitts are a stylish, modern set of cuffed fingerless gloves featuring a striking pattern of twisted ribbing and diagonal cables that wrap elegantly around the wrist and hand.
Anticline, Are, And, Around
25. Definition of Anticline in the Definitions.net dictionary
26. What does Anticline mean? Information and translations of Anticline in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
27. Anticlines form many excellent hydrocarbon traps, particularly in folds with reservoir -quality rocks in their core and impermeable seals in the outer layers of the fold
28. The research indicates that the axis of the Anticline, which has a wing angle greater than 45 degrees, and the turning position form tectonic stress concentration and accumulate a great deal of elastic energy.
Axis, Anticline, Angle, And, Accumulate
29. In structural geology, an Anticline is a fold that is convex up and has its oldest beds at its core
An, Anticline, And, At
30. An Anticline or antiform has a crest, which is the highest point on a given stratum along the top of the fold
An, Anticline, Antiform, Along
31. A hinge in an Anticline is the locus of maximum curvature or bending in …
32. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia In structural geology, a syncline is a fold with younger layers closer to the center of the structure, whereas an Anticline is the inverse of a syncline
33. ‘The field evidence includes the presence of several longitudinal extensional folds such as a rollover Anticline and drag folds that are related to normal faults in the area.’ ‘This mechanical failure results in a topographic valley along the crest of the Anticline.’
As, Anticline, And, Are, Area, Along
34. Nesson Anticline is the largest hydrocarbon productive structure in the North Dakota portion of the Williston basin
35. Nesson Anticline was discovered in 1951, just a few months after discovery of oil in the Williston basin
36. Anticline definition: a formation of stratified rock raised up, by folding , into a broad arch so that the Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Anticline, Arch, And
37. Anticline ends a little ways up Unconformity and provides access to the bottom of Fire Canyon
Anticline, And, Access
38. Use this part of the trail to add diversity to loops and connect over to BLM Road #5941B and the continuation of Anticline
Add, And, Anticline
39. North Dakota's Nesson Anticline
40. THE NESSON Anticline is a geo logic freak subdividing the vast Willis ton Basin.
41. Anticline and syncline (Diagram by Phyllis Newbill) Anticlines are folds in which each half of the fold dips away from the crest
Anticline, And, Anticlines, Are, Away
42. You can remember the difference by noting that Anticlines form an “A” shape, and synclines form the bottom of an “S.”
Anticlines, An, And
43. Recumbent Anticline definition is - an overturned Anticline having its axial plane more nearly horizontal than vertical.
Anticline, An, Axial
44. The Pinedale Anticline has been estimated to contain 159 TCF of in-place sweet gas (Law and Spencer, 1989), of which less than 1% has been produced
45. Geology 12 - Formation of Anticlines and synclines demonstrated using plastercine.
46. The Pinedale Anticline ROD records the decision made by the BLM Wyoming State Director, in consultation with the USDA—Forest Service, U.S
47. Army Corps of Engineers, and the State of Wyoming (cooperating agencies in the preparation of the EIS), for managing the Federal surface and mineral estate in the Pinedale Anticline Oil and Gas Exploration
Army, And, Agencies, Anticline
48. Anticline is an antonym of syncline
Anticline, An, Antonym
49. Syncline is a coordinate term of Anticline
50. In contextgeologylang=en terms the difference between syncline and Anticline is that syncline is (geology) a concave-upward fold in rock strata while Anticline is (geology) a fold with strata sloping downwards on each side
51. As nouns the difference between syncline and Anticline
As, And, Anticline
52. The Anticline, located about 60 miles southeast of Jackson, is the largest natural gas field in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, and is authorized for up …
Anticline, About, And,
53. Anticline Last updated January 24, 2020
54. Cross-sectional diagram of an Anticline Anticline exposed in road cut (small syncline visible at far right)
An, Anticline, At
55. In structural geology, an Anticline is a type of fold that is an arch-like shape and has its oldest beds at its core
An, Anticline, Arch, And, At
56. A typical Anticline is convex up in which the
57. 1- Apply What You Learned During the Course to Form an Anticline? How Many Ways Can You Use to Make It? 2- Analyze The Stresses That Causing Anticline in Each Way? 3- What Do You Need to Do to Make This Anticline A- Asymmetrical Fold B- Overturned Fold C- Recumbent Fold
Apply, An, Anticline, Analyze, Asymmetrical
58. ADVERTISEMENTS: Difference between Anticline and Syncline are: Related posts: What is the difference between first three strokes of a Diesel Engine with those of Petrol Engine? What is the Theory of Cost-Push Inflation? What is the difference between Article 226 and Article 32 ? 325 Words Essay on Advertisements Complete information on Absolute and Difference […]
Advertisements, Anticline, And, Are, Article, Absolute
59. Other articles where Syncline is discussed: mountain: Alpine- (or Himalayan-)type belts: …regularly spaced folds—alternating Anticlines and synclines—and thrust on top of one another
Articles, Alpine, Alternating, Anticlines, And, Another
60. Anticline: see foldfold, in geology, bent or deformed arrangement of stratified rocks
ANTICLINE [ˈan(t)ēˌklīn, ˈantīˌklīn]
Freebase(0.00 / 0 votes)Rate this definition: Anticline. In structural geology, an anticline is a fold that is convex up and has its oldest beds at its core.
As nouns the difference between anticline and monocline is that anticline is (geology) a fold with strata sloping downwards on each side while monocline is (geology) a unidirectional dip in strata that is not a part of an anticline or syncline.
In an anticline, the oldest beds, the ones that were originally underneath the other beds, are at the center, along the axis of the fold. The axis is an imaginary line that marks the center of the fold on the map. In map view, a syncline appears as a set of parallel beds that dip toward the center.
A river anticline is a geologic structure that is formed by the focused uplift of rock caused by high erosion rates from large rivers relative to the surrounding areas. An anticline is a fold that is concave down, whose limbs are dipping away from its axis, and whose oldest units are in the middle of the fold.