1. Definition of Anther : the part of a stamen that produces and contains pollen and is usually borne on a stalk — see flower illustration Other Words from Anther Example Sentences Learn More about Anther …
2. 1. Anther - the part of the stamen that contains pollen; usually borne on a stalk stamen - the male reproductive organ of a flower reproductive structure - the parts of a plant involved in its reproduction
3. Anther [ ăn ′thər ] The pollen-bearing part at the upper end of the stamen of a flower
4. Most Anthers occur at the tip of a slender, stemlike filament and have two lobes.
5. The Anther is a structure found in the male reproductory part of the flower refers to as “ Stamen ” or “ Androecium ”
6. In most orchids the Anther is a caplike structure at the apex of the column
7. The Anther of some of the more primitive orchids is superficially similar to that of a lily or amaryllis
8. In Habenaria and its allies the Anther projects beyond the apex of the column but…
9. The Anther is the part of a flowering plant that is responsible for the production of pollen, which plays a key part in plant reproduction
10. The stamen is made up of two parts: the filament and the Anther; the filament holds and positions the Anther.
11. Anther: Odor Description: Green, Fresh, Floral, Hyacinth Anther is a powerful ingredient with a green, fruity and fresh character
12. Used primarily in soaps and detergents, Anther gives great power to …
13. This is an online community site and tool developed by Anther to make the process of networking and getting set up in online matches quick and effortless!
14. The Anther of a flower comprises the part of the stamen where pollen is produced
15. The pod-like Anther is attached to the stamen which presents as a slender filament
16. Most plants have about half a dozen Anthers encircling the flower’s center
17. The Anther may appear in a color range from light yellow to deep red
18. The Anthers contain microsporangia, tiny sacs in which pollen is formed
19. After its formation, the pollen rests on the Anther, from which it is carried by wind or the actions of various insects, such as bees
20. Definition of Anther in the Definitions.net dictionary
21. What does Anther mean? Information and translations of Anther in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
22. Anther Flowers Delivery deliveries from 10am until 7pm, Monday to Saturday
23. What does Anther mean? The part of a stamen that produces and releases the pollen
24. Anthers (Figure 9.26) are discrete pollen containing units, found in the stamens of the great majority of angiosperms
25. Anthers typically consist of two compartments called thecae (singular theca), with each theca containing two microsporangia (the fusion product of which is a locule)
26. (Thus, Anthers are typically tetrasporangiate.)
27. Anther In botany, the fertile part of a male sex organ in a flower
28. The Anther produces and distributes pollen, and together with its connecting filament forms a stamen.
29. The male organs are the Anthers and the filaments, which together are the stamen
30. Anther We found strong positive correlations between Anther height and corollatube length in both morphs
31. From the Cambridge English Corpus Strong positive correlations (r > 0.9) between Anther …
32. Anthers (Figure 9.26) are discrete pollen containing units, found in the stamens of the great majority of angiosperms
33. Anthers typically consist of two compartments called thecae (singular theca), with each theca containing two microsporangia (the fusion product of which is a locule)
34. (Thus, Anthers are typically tetrasporangiate.)
35. The Anther is a key structure in the reproduction of flowering plants
36. Anther Wall: Epidermis, endothecium, middle wall layers (2-3 layered), and the tapetum (outer and inner layers) constitute the Anther wall
37. Epidermis: The epidermis is a single layered protective sheath of the Anther
38. It divides anticlinally and tries to keep space with the enlarging internal tissues of the Anther
39. MAnther is mostly used as a playful term, but it can pack a punch as a way to call out sexist double standards about dating age differences and older dudes creeping on younger girls
40. Although mAnther often refers to straight men, it’s also used in the gay community to describe older guys who chase after younger men.
41. He is a MAnther!! A male pAnther which is the male version of a female
42. Transverse sections of (a) young and (b) mature Anthers
43. Anther that part of the STAMEN of a flower that produces the male GAMETES and that is located at the end of a flexible stalk (the filament)
44. Each Anther usually has four ‘pollen sacs’ in which POLLEN GRAINS (HAPLOID) develop by a process of MEIOSIS
45. A list of words that start with Anther (words with the prefix Anther)
46. We search a large scrabble dictionary for scrabble words starting with Anther - we take the letter or word you enter, and generate all words starting with Anther
47. In addition there is a list of Words that end with Anther, words that contain Anther, and Synonyms of Anther.
48. Anther culture is a technique by which the developing Anthers at a precise and critical stage are excised aseptically from unopened flower bud and are cultured on a nutrient medium where the microspores within the cultured Anther develop into callus tissue or embryoids that give rise to haploid plantlets either through organogenesis or
49. Anther dehiscence is the final function of the Anther that causes the release of pollen grains
50. The Anther wall breaks at a specific site.
51. In Arabidopsis thaliana, the tapetal cells are formed at Anther stage 5, function at Anther stages 5–9, and degenerate via programmed cell death starting from Anther stage 10 to release their contents for pollen wall formation (Sanders et al., 1999)
52. Anther's Ladder, sometimes referred to as Smashladder or Smash Ladder, is a website used to facilitate online play between players for Super Smash Bros., Super Smash Bros
53. Created by top professional player Anther in March …
54. Anther have a lobe like structure on their top which contains pollen grains
55. The oval shaped of structure in the flower is called an Anther and the function of an Anther is to produce and bear the pollen of the flower
56. Anther Tree Services specialises in all aspects of tree work, which includes pruning, felling, stump grinding, and planting
57. The incumbent Anther has been identified as the key synapomorphy for the subfamily Epidendroideae; however, there are two general ways of reaching the inflexion of the Anther in this group, one way by the reorientation of growth in the early ontogenetic stages of the Anther (called vandoid morphology), and the other, as the result of elongation
58. The timely release of mature pollen following Anther dehiscence is essential for reproduction in flowering plants
59. AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR17 (ARF17) plays a crucial role in pollen wall pattern formation, tapetum development, and auxin signal transduction in Anthers
60. Appropriate cell division and differentiation ensure normal Anther development in angiosperms
61. BARELY ANY MERISTEM 1/2 (BAM1/2) and RECEPTOR-LIKE PROTEIN KINASE2 (RPK2), two groups of leucine-rich repeat receptor-like protein kinases, are required for early Anther …
62. Anther Cherry Gin 2021 is here! Over 600 kilos of fresh Tasmanian Cherries were hand pitted and soaked in Anther Gin to make this drop
63. The 2021 Anther Cherry Gin is dark red in colour with a juniper kick and subtle sweet earthy notes on the finish.
64. 2) Anther wall factor:- The Anther wall provide the nourishment in the development of isolated pollen of a number of species
65. There are reports that glutamine alone or in combination with serine and myo inositol could replace the Anther wall 8.
66. Anther - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
67. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Anther n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
68. The Anther of a tomato flower is shaped like a hollow tube, with the pollen produced within the structure, rather than on the surface, as in most species
69. At the stage of Anther dehiscence, there was one-layer Anther wall of endothecium and the tapetal layer was digested completely to nourish the pollen grains.
70. Includes unlimited streaming of Anther via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more
71. The Anther is the male reproductive organ in seed plants
72. Defects in Anther development leading to male sterility are widely used in agriculture to increase crop yields (Tester and Langridge, 2010).In angiosperms, Anther …
73. Defects of Anther development lead to pollen sterility, and therefore, reproductive control via Anther development is a major factor in determining plant yield.
74. The Anther family name was found in the USA, Canada, and Scotland between 1841 and 1920
75. The most Anther families were found in the USA in 1880
76. In 1880 there were 7 Anther families living in Iowa
77. This was about 25% of all the recorded Anther's in the USA
78. Iowa and 1 other state had the highest population of Anther families in 1880.
Definition of anther : the part of a stamen that produces and contains pollen and is usually borne on a stalk — see flower illustration technical : the part of a flower that contains pollen : the enlargement at the tip of a flower's stamen that contains pollen
The anther and filament of the stamen is where the pollen is produced and carried until a pollinator comes by and takes the pollen to another flower. The anther is where the pollen is specifically held in the flower, and the filament is a small stem like structure that holds up the anther up higher...
The anther is the part of a flowering plant that is responsible for the production of pollen, which plays a key part in plant reproduction. It is a part of the stamen, the male component of the reproduction system of a flower. The stamen is made up of two parts: the filament and the anther;
Definition of anther. : the part of a stamen that produces and contains pollen and is usually borne on a stalk — see flower illustration.