See also: Anterior Anteriorly Anterior/ventral Colporrhaphy Tibialis Motive Ventral Antecedent Antebellum Ante Antediluvian Antenna Antepartum Antenatal Anterolisthesis Antigen Anteroom Antechamber Antennae Antedate Anterograde Antecubital
1. Anterior generally appears in either medical or scholarly contexts
2. Anatomy books refer to the Anterior lobe of the brain, the Anterior cerebral artery, the Anterior facial vein, etc
Anatomy, Anterior, Artery
3. Scholar and lawyers may use Anterior to mean "earlier in time or order".
4. Anterior definition, situated before or at the front of; fore (opposed to posterior)
5. Anterior located in front; situated before or at the front of; fore (opposed to posterior); going before in time or sequence; preceding; earlier: events Anterior to the outbreak of war Not to be confused with: exterior – external, outer; originating or acting from the outside; being on the outer side: the exterior surface; suitable for outdoor use
Anterior, At, Acting
6. Anterior (in animals) that part of the animal, usually the head, which proceeds first in forwards movement. (in plants) that part of the INFLORESCENCE which is furthest away from the main stem
Anterior, Animals, Animal, Away
7. Some common synonyms of Anterior are antecedent, foregoing, former, preceding, previous, and prior. While all these words mean "being before," Anterior applies to position before or ahead of usually in space, sometimes in time or order
Anterior, Are, Antecedent, And, All, Applies, Ahead
8. The Anterior lobe of the brain When might antecedent be …
9. The Anterior of anything is the front — in humans, it's the area toward the head of the body, opposite of the posterior. Anterior can also refer to something that came before, as in " Anterior to the discovery of vaccines." The word Anterior is one of those words that are spelled the same in English today as they were in their Latin origins.
Anterior, Anything, Area, Also, As, Are
10. En Anteriores ocasiones on previous occasions; el día Anterior the day before; un texto Anterior a 1140 a text dating from before 1140; las horas Anteriores a la operación the hours before the operation; la discusión Anterior al asesinato the discussion prior to the killing; los enfrentamientos Anteriores a la guerra the clashes leading up to o preceding the war; eso fue muy Anterior a tu
Anteriores, Anterior, Al, Asesinato
11. Anterior is the anatomical term for indicating that an organ or structure is towards the front of the body. It is usually used to indicate the position in relation to another organ or structure and may mean that it is ‘in front of’ another organ or structure.
Anterior, Anatomical, An, Another, And
12. ACL injury An ACL injury is a tear or sprain of the Anterior cruciate (KROO-she-ate) ligament (ACL) — one of the strong bands of tissue that help connect your thigh bone (femur) to your shinbone (tibia).
Acl, An, Anterior, Ate
13. Anterior is defined as something that is put in front of something. An example of a room that is in the Anterior of the house is the foyer.
Anterior, As, An
14. The term Anterior is typically used in combination with other words that describe the location of a body part
15. For example, the belly button may be described as Anterior, mid-abdominal, meaning it is located on the front of the body in the middle of the abdomen.
As, Anterior, Abdominal, Abdomen
16. Anterior refers to the ‘front’, and posterior refers to the ‘back’. Putting this in context, the heart is posterior to the sternum because it lies behind it
17. Anterior myocardial infarction carries the worst prognosis of all infarct locations, mostly due to larger infarct size.
18. Total hip replacement with Anterior approach refers to surgeries done from in front of the hip
19. Anterior repair is used to tighten the front (Anterior) wall of the vagina
20. This condition is known as Anterior wall prolapse, cystocele or dropped bladder.
21. Anterior hip replacement is a common type of total hip replacement
22. Anterior (not comparable) (anatomy) Nearer the forward end, especially in the front of the body; nearer the head or forepart of an animal
Anterior, Anatomy, An, Animal
23. Anterior hip replacement (AHR) is surgery to replace a hip joint damaged by wear, injury, or disease
24. A nosebleed comes from the front of your nose (Anterior) or the back of it (posterior).
25. While Anterior hip replacement has some possible advantages, it is unlikely that the surgical approach is the most critical factor in determining the long-term success of a hip replacement surgery
Anterior, Advantages, Approach
26. Anterior hip replacement may provide some benefits in terms of speeding the early recovery timeline, although even this is a subjective debate.
27. Anterior uveitis includes iridocyclitis and iritis
28. Iritis is the inflammation of the Anterior chamber and iris
29. Anywhere from two-thirds to 90% of uveitis cases are Anterior in …
Anywhere, Are, Anterior
30. Anterior tibial stress fracture
31. The first is a tibial stress fracture—not the run-of-the-mill kind, which occurs on the inside edge of the tibia, but one that occurs on the “leading edge” of the shin, or the Anterior surface in medical terms.
32. Synonyms for Anterior in Free Thesaurus
33. 30 synonyms for Anterior: front, forward, fore, frontward, earlier, former, previous, prior, preceding
34. Therefore an Anterior myocardial infarction is the death of heart muscles of the front, and possibly the side and septum, of the left ventricle
An, Anterior, And
35. However, there is significant controversy over the optimal muscle-sparing approach: mini-posterior approach (MPA) or direct Anterior approach (DAA).
36. Anterior pelvic tilt, also known as "lower crossed syndrome", is a postural pattern associated with a prominent arch in the lower back
Anterior, Also, As, Associated, Arch
37. Luckily, here's a quick daily routine you can use to fix Anterior …
38. Is that Anterior is (anatomy) nearer the forward end; nearer the head of an animal or the front of a human while ventral is (anatomy) on the front side of the human body, or the corresponding surface of an animal, usually the lower surface
Anterior, Anatomy, An, Animal
39. As adjectives the difference between Anterior and ventral
As, Adjectives, Anterior, And
40. Anterior uveitis is one of four different forms of a disease that causes about 10 percent of blindness cases
41. An Anterior placenta is when the placenta attaches to the front wall of the uterus
An, Anterior, Attaches
42. Anterior definition: Anterior describes a part of the body that is situated at or towards the front of another Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Anterior, At, Another, And
43. 1 hour ago · Anterior pelvic tilt can lead to a slew of issues, ranging from a pain in the lower back—known as the lumbar spine—and poor performance in …
Ago, Anterior, As, And
44. The Anterior scalene muscle (Latin: scalenus Anterior), lies deeply at the side of the neck, behind the sternocleidomastoid muscle.It arises from the Anterior tubercles of the transverse processes of the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth cervical vertebrae, and descending, almost vertically, is inserted by a narrow, flat tendon into the scalene tubercle on the inner border of
Anterior, At, Arises, And, Almost
45. Serratus Anterior pain can be uncomfortable, but it typically resolves on its own without significant treatment
46. Direct Anterior total hip replacement is an option for most patients with severe arthritis of the hip
Anterior, An, Arthritis
47. Patients may not be suitable candidates for the direct Anterior approach if they have abnormal anatomy (i.e
Anterior, Approach, Abnormal, Anatomy
48. Anterior uveitis can result from a trauma to the eye, such as being hit in the eye or having a foreign body in the eye
49. Anterior uveitis occurs in the front of the eye
50. Serratus Anterior muscle (Musculus serratus Anterior) The serratus Anterior muscle is a fan-shaped muscle at the lateral wall of the thorax.Its main part lies deep under the scapula and the pectoral muscles
Anterior, At, And
51. Anterior placenta is the medical term for a placenta that connects to the front of the uterus
52. An Anterior placenta will sit between the front of the stomach and the fetus.
An, Anterior, And
53. Anterior a nuestro tiempo expr expresión: Expresiones idiomáticas, dichos, refranes y frases hechas de tres o más palabras ("Dios nos libre", "a lo hecho, pecho")
54. The Anterior cingulate cortex can be divided anatomically based on cognitive (), and emotional components.The dorsal part of the ACC is connected with the prefrontal cortex and parietal cortex, as well as the motor system and the frontal eye fields, making it a central station for processing top-down and bottom-up stimuli and assigning appropriate control to other areas in the brain.
Anterior, Anatomically, And, Acc, As, Assigning, Appropriate, Areas
55. The Anterior scalene, AKA scalenus Anterior (scalenus anticus; Latin: musculus scalenus Anterior) muscle is one of the lateral muscles of the neck, belonging to the scalene group
Anterior, Aka, Anticus
56. Anterior ankle impingement is a source of chronic ankle pain seen in athletes that complain of longstanding chronic pain in the front of their ankle
Anterior, Ankle, Athletes
57. Anterior ankle impingement typically occurs in athletes who have played years in sports that involve a kicking motion or repeated ankle extremes of motion.
Anterior, Ankle, Athletes