antebellum (adjective) · ante-bellum (adjective)
See also: Antebellum
1. Examples of Antebellum in a Sentence Recent Examples on the Web At her big age, Rachael absolutely knew that an Antebellum era themed-party that had been banned by the school and had to be held off campus was a bad idea
2. Antebellum ( 2020) Antebellum. This video file cannot be played
3. Before or existing before a war, especially the American Civil War; prewar: the Antebellum plantations of Georgia.
4. Antebellum fails to connect its images with any meaning, making for a largely unpleasant experience lacking any substantial scares.
5. The literal Latin definition of Antebellum means ‘before the war,’ though its meaning in America goes far beyond that
6. History, ‘Antebellum’ is primarily used …
7. The dictionary definition of Antebellum literally means "before the war," coming from the Latin phrase, ante bellum.
8. Antebellum is an artistic failure of two directors whose lofty goals supersede their ability to meet them
9. The country group formerly known as Lady Antebellum will keep its new name, Lady A, after connecting with blues singer Anita White who has …
10. “Antebellum” has aspirations of mind-blowing narrative complexity along the lines of an M
11. This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Antebellum.
12. The Antebellum South was a period in the history of the southern United States, from the late 18th century until the start of the American Civil War in 1891
13. The Antebellum period is defined as the time between the formation of the U.S
14. Antebellum - belonging to a period before a war especially the American Civil War nonmodern - not modern; of or characteristic of an earlier time Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection
15. The Antebellum South was a period in the history of the southern United States from the late 18th century until the start of the American Civil War in 1861, The development of separate northern and southern economies, westward expansion of the nation, and a spirit of reform marked the era.
16. Synopsis The film starts on what appears to be an 1800's era Antebellum plantation
17. For those not in the know, the word “Antebellum” is typically used to refer to the pre-Civil War Old South, when slavery was still legal and plantations were commonplace
18. Antebellum parties, then, are celebrations of the Antebellum-era south and of the Confederacy.
19. Antebellum is a Latin term that means "before the war." The Antebellum period in the United States was the time period before the American Civil War , which began in 1861
20. Antebellum architecture (meaning "prewar", from the Latin ante, "before", and bellum, "war") is the neoclassical architectural style characteristic of the 19th-century Southern United States, especially the Deep South, from after the birth of the United States with the American Revolution, to the start of the American Civil War
21. Antebellum architecture is especially characterized by Georgian
22. Antebellum Successful author Veronica Henley (Janelle Monáe) is finishing a book tour before she returns home to her husband and daughter
23. Watch Antebellum full movie starting September 18
24. The Antebellum South is known as a racist period in American history which granted zero rights to black people and profited off their slave labor under white power
25. The Antebellum South was a period in the history of the southern United States, from the late 18th century until the start of the American Civil War in 1861.
26. Use the adjective Antebellum to describe something that happened before the American Civil War
27. You could talk about touring a historic Antebellum plantation house in Georgia, for example.
28. Antebellum (2020) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
29. In the new horror film Antebellum, Janelle Monáe plays an enslaved woman on a plantation run by Confederate soldiers
30. Ironically, the Antebellum South’s quest for economic independence via slave-produced cotton made the culture more dependent than ever on outside economies
31. Check out the official Antebellum trailer starring Janelle Monáe! Let us know what you think in the comments below
32. Finally discover Antebellum, the ultimate movie event – NOW AVAILABLE - Everywhere At Home On Demand
33. Antebellum is a term used to describe culture in the Southern United States before the American Civil War when slavery was an accepted practice
34. Delivery & Pickup Options - 162 reviews of Antebellum "Incredible new restaurant in Flowery Branch! We had a party of 4 go on the weekend, no problem getting seated, we did make reservations beforehand too
35. Switching from Lady Antebellum to Lady A was just abbreviating a racist idea
36. The “Antebellum” is still implied
37. Reserve a table at Antebellum, Flowery Branch on Tripadvisor: See 242 unbiased reviews of Antebellum, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #1 of 71 restaurants in Flowery Branch.
38. “Antebellum” marks the duo’s feature film debut after spending the last decade directing luxury advertising campaigns and short films centered around social justice issues
39. Finally discover Antebellum, the ultimate movie event – NOW AVAILABLE - Everywhere At Home On Demand
40. Antebellum is located in the Historic District of Flowery Branch
41. Antebellum is a celebration of southern cuisine.
42. Check out the official Antebellum Teaser Trailer starring Janelle Monáe ! Let us know what you think in the comments below
43. Antebellum is a new horror thriller directed, written and produced in part by Gerard Bush and Christopher Renze
44. Finally discover Antebellum, the ultimate movie event – NOW AVAILABLE - Everywhere At Home On Demand
45. Photos emerged of the 24-year-old attending an Antebellum plantation-themed fraternity formal in 2018
Definition: The word antebellum means before the war, but it refers specifically to the period in US history before the Civil War and after the War of 1812, the years 1815-1861. The origin of antebellum is Latin, ante meaning before and bellum meaning war.
Antebellum is a Latin word meaning "before the war". In United States history and historiography "Antebellum" is sometimes used instead of the term "pre-Civil War," especially in the South.
Antebellum means "before the war," but it wasn’t widely associated with the U.S. Civil War (1861-1865) until after that conflict was over. The word comes from the Latin phrase ante bellum (literally, "before the war"), and its earliest known print appearance in English dates back to the 1840s.
Examples of Antebellum in a sentence American slaves once lived and worked on this large antebellum farm. 🔊 While the author's first novel is placed in the present day, his current release takes places during the antebellum period in the early 1800's. 🔊