antagonize (verb) · antagonizes (third person present) · antagonized (past tense) · antagonized (past participle) · antagonizing (present participle) · antagonise (verb) · antagonises (third person present) · antagonised (past tense) · antagonised (past participle) · antagonising (present participle)
1. English Language Learners Definition of Antagonize
2. : to cause (someone) to feel hostile or angry : to irritate or upset (someone) See the full definition for Antagonize in the English Language Learners …
3. Antagonize definition, to make hostile or unfriendly; make an enemy or antagonist of: His speech Antagonized many voters
4. To incur the dislike of; provoke hostility or enmity in: Antagonized her officemates with her rude behavior
5. Synonyms & Antonyms of Antagonize. to implant bitter feelings in
6. Everything he said just Antagonized the other side even more.
7. To anger someone enough to dislike and oppose you: The company doesn’t want to Antagonize one of its biggest oil suppliers
8. (Definition of Antagonize from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © …
9. To Antagonize is defined as to act in a way that is contrary
10. An example of two groups that frequently Antagonize each other are the democrats and the republicans.
11. “But the SARS-CoV-2 virus has anti-interferon genes which can stop or Antagonize the production or effect of interferon,” said Yuen, who measured the effects in human lung tissue
12. Antagonize Whether with biting remarks or hurtful words, you are adept at making creatures angry with you
13. How to Antagonize Peaceful Kraggons in the Torgue-o! Torgue-o! Mission in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
14. To Antagonize is to provoke someone to react angrily
15. If your mother tells you to stop antagonizing your brother, she's asking you to stop making him mad. Antagonize shares the same Greek roots with the word agony, so think about how much agony you cause …
16. We found 4 answers for “Antagonize”
17. This page shows answers to the clue Antagonize, followed by 3 definitions like “To act in opposition”, “Act in opposition to” and “Provoke the hostility of”.A synonym for Antagonize is pester.
18. Slang) He didn't want to Antagonize …
19. ‘the aim was to Antagonize visiting supporters’
20. ‘Why go out of the way to offend and Antagonize religious people?’
21. What is the opposite of Antagonize? Antonyms for Antagonize (opposite of Antagonize)
22. Antagonize somebody to do something to make somebody angry with you
23. Not wishing to Antagonize her further, he said no more
24. Synonyms for Antagonize include aggravate, hassle, agitate, annoy, gall, irritate, offend, provoke, needle and rile
25. If you Antagonize someone, you make them feel angry or hostile towards you
26. He didn't want to Antagonize her.
27. It would be unwise to Antagonize him; he has a pretty short fuse
28. Anabel told her therapist that her husband Antagonizes her all the time.
29. An‧tag‧o‧nize (also antagonise British English) /ænˈtæɡənaɪz/ verb [ transitive] to annoy someone very much by doing something that they do not like Do not Antagonize your customers
30. Antagonize Destiny 2 Montage Sniping Voidlock Warlock #1 Trials Of The Nine Curse Of Osiris Exotic Items Show less Read more The Journey To Rank G Play all
31. What is the definition of Antagonize? What is the meaning of Antagonize? How do you use Antagonize in a sentence? What are synonyms for Antagonize?
32. Definition of Antagonize in the Definitions.net dictionary
33. What does Antagonize mean? Information and translations of Antagonize in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
34. Definition and synonyms of Antagonize from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
35. This is the British English definition of Antagonize.View American English definition of Antagonize.
36. Antagonize - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
37. Antagonize somebody to do something to make somebody angry with you
38. Not wishing to Antagonize her further, he said no more
39. Synonyms for Antagonize in Free Thesaurus
40. 24 synonyms for Antagonize: annoy, anger, insult, offend, irritate, alienate, hassle, aggravate
41. Do not Antagonize that woman,she is dangerous
42. It would be dangerous to Antagonize him
43. He didn't want to Antagonize her
44. Don't Antagonize the neighbours by making a noise
45. Some personalities Antagonize;others s
46. Antagonize translation in English - French Reverso dictionary, see also 'antagonise',antagonist',antagonism',antagonistic', examples, definition, conjugation
47. Antonyms for Antagonize include pacify, placate, appease, calm, disarm, mollify, soothe, agree, aid and conciliate
48. Furturene is able to Antagonize aldosterone at the mineralocorticoid receptor in the kidneys, thereby increasing sodium excretion while inhibiting potassium excretion
49. (Furterene, NCI Thesaurus) Any of the synthetic agents that bind to and Antagonize growth hormone receptors, resulting in inhibition of somatotrophic actions triggered by growth
50. Antagonize (third-person singular simple present Antagonizes, present participle antagonizing, simple past and past participle Antagonized) to work against; to oppose (especially to incite reaction) The other children constantly Antagonized Joe to the point of tears.
51. If you Antagonize someone, you make them feel angry or hostile toward you
52. He didn't want to Antagonize her
53. Synonyms for Antagonized in Free Thesaurus
54. 24 synonyms for Antagonize: annoy, anger, insult, offend, irritate, alienate, hassle, aggravate
55. Antagonize (v.) 1630s, "to compete with" (obsolete); 1742, "act in opposition to, struggle against continuously," from Greek Antagonizesthai "to struggle against, oppose, be a rival," from anti "against" (see anti-) + agonizesthai "to contend for a prize," from agon "a struggle, a contest" (see agony).Meaning "make antagonistic" is by 1882.
56. Benefit: As a standard action, you can Antagonize a foe that can see and hear you by attempting a Diplomacy or Intimidate check (DC = 10 + your opponent’s total Sense Motive skill bonus, or 15 + 1-1/2 × the opponent’s CR, whichever is higher).
57. Antagonize [sb], also UK: antagonise [sb] ⇒ vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat." (make hostile) inimicarsi⇒, farsi nemico vtr verbo transitivo o transitivo pronominale: Verbo che richiede un complemento oggetto: "Lava la mela prima di mangiarla" - "Non mi aspettavo un successo
58. Examples of Antagonize in a sentence
59. If you Antagonize the dog, he will bite you
60. 🔊 The man made a huge mistake when he decided to Antagonize the bees in his yard
61. Conjugate Antagonize in every English verb tense including present, past, and future.
62. Find 19 ways to say Antagonize, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
63. Definition of Antagonize written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
64. Nonhuman data suggest that in some strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa, azithromycin can Antagonize tobramycin
65. Translation for 'to Antagonize' in the free English-Spanish dictionary and many other Spanish translations.
66. How to say Antagonize in English? Pronunciation of Antagonize with 2 audio pronunciations, 24 synonyms, 2 antonyms, 12 translations, 7 sentences and more for Antagonize.
67. To Antagonize it is to thrust at the beginning point of that freedom for which brave men have laid down their lives in every land since the formation of society
68. The indulgence of the reader is asked, and it is hoped that he will endeavor to harmonize conflicting statements upon these disputed questions rather than Antagonize them.