1. In the early part of the 20th century, Chinese writers generally dated the Annexation of Tibet to the 18th century
2. 2 : something that is annexed … defended their Annexations with fire and sword
Annexed, Annexations, And
3. The fact of being annexed: Annexation of the two parts of the Bronx in 1874 and 1895 gave New York City the last of its five boroughs.
Annexed, Annexation, And
4. Annexation, a formal act whereby a state proclaims its sovereignty over territory hitherto outside its domain
5. Unlike cession, whereby territory is given or sold through treaty, Annexation is a unilateral act made effective by actual possession and legitimized by general recognition.
Annexation, Act, Actual, And
6. Find 14 ways to say Annexation, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Annexation, Along, Antonyms, And, At
7. Voluntary Annexation of noncontiguous areas (G.S
8. Involuntary Annexation of contiguous areas, subject to urban development standards, mandatory service provisions, and a referendum requiring approval by a majority of voters in the area to be annexed (G.S
Annexation, Areas, And, Approval, Area, Annexed
9. Annexation is the process by which the city adds unincorporated areas of Snohomish County to the city’s boundaries
Annexation, Adds, Areas
10. Following Annexation, properties receive public services such as police services, road maintenance, planning and permitting from the city, as opposed to Snohomish County.
Annexation, As, And
11. Annexations A boundary change to a municipality can be initiated by the municipality or by an individual
12. Where cities continue to use corridor Annexation to support economic development, cities and counties need to work together to agree on the most effective way to serve developments in outlying areas
Annexation, And, Agree, Areas
13. A Closer Look at Annexation in Tennessee
14. This is known as Annexation, …
15. / ˌæn.ekˈseɪ.ʃ ə n / possession taken of a piece of land or a country, usually by force or without permission: The country's Annexation of its neighbour caused an outcry
16. The other definition of Annexation is in regards to personal property that is separate from the property to which it is attached or on which it is located
17. Examples of Annexation in Real Estate
18. Annexation: 1 n incorporation by joining or uniting Synonyms: appropriation Type of: incorporation including by incorporating n the formal act of acquiring something (especially territory) by conquest or occupation “the French Annexation of Madagascar as a colony in 1896” “a protectorate has frequently been a first step to Annexation ” Type
Annexation, Appropriation, Act, Acquiring, As
19. Annexation was approved by the Texas and U.S
Annexation, Approved, And
20. One unique feature of the Annexation agreements was a provision permitting Texas to retain title to its public lands.
21. Annexation is the process by which cities extend their municipal services, regulations, voting privileges and taxing authority to new territory.
22. Annexation is a simple concept, but a complex issue
23. The following information is to help explain in general what Annexation is, why and how it is accomplished, and what benefits there are
Annexation, And, Accomplished, Are
24. What Is Annexation? Annexation is the process by which a municipality, such as the City of Tucson, extends its boundary to include neighboring urban areas and future growth areas.Arizona Revised Statute 9
Annexation, As, Areas, And, Arizona
25. An area proposed for Annexation to vote on approval or rejection of the Annexation
An, Area, Annexation, Approval
26. Scores of Annexation bills were filed, and legislative committees held numerous hearings on these bills in front of raucous, standing-room-only crowds.
27. The Annexation of Texas, the Mexican-American War, and the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, 1845–1848 During his tenure, U.S
Annexation, American, And
28. Polk accomplished this through the Annexation of Texas in 1845, the negotiation of the Oregon Treaty with Great Britain in 1846, and the conclusion of the Mexican-American War
Accomplished, Annexation, And, American
29. The Annexation of Texas to the United States became a topic of political and diplomatic discussion after the Louisiana Purchase in 1803 and became a matter of international concern between 1836 and 1845, when Texas was a republic.
Annexation, And, After
30. The Texas Annexation was the 1845 Annexation of the Republic of Texas into the United States of America, which was admitted to the Union as the 28th state on December 29, 1845
Annexation, America, Admitted, As
31. Boundaries of Texas after the Annexation in 1845
32. The Annexation of Texas is but another name for the perpetuity of slavery; and we who now enjoy the rights and hold the soil of the Union, must bid farewell forever to the hope of relieving ourselves from the danger, the odium, and the disgrace inseparable from this pernicious institution
Annexation, Another, And
33. Theodore sedgwick, an opponent of texas Annexation
34. What is Annexation? Annexation is the procedure for bringing unincorporated areas of a county into an adjacent incorporated city
Annexation, Areas, An, Adjacent
35. The most common form of Annexation is the “petition method”, whereby property owners (or residents) of the area sign a petition asking to become part of the City.
Annexation, Area, Asking
36. Breaking news about Annexation from The Jerusalem Post
37. Read the latest updates on Annexation including articles, videos, opinions and more.
Annexation, Articles, And
38. Annexation is the process of bringing property into the ity limits
39. Annexation transfers territory from unincorporated towns to cities and villages
40. Wisconsin statutes authorize a number of different Annexation …
41. Annexation involving land will occur when a city or local government expands its original jurisdiction to cover more territory
42. Annexation 1 Introduction Annexation is the legal process that transfers property from an unincorporated unit of government to incorporated one
43. The Annexation of Crimea was a triumph of political manipulation over national interests and common sense
44. Ali'iolani Hale, completed in 1874, was the home of the Hawaiian Legislature in the days before Annexation
45. A "shoestring Annexation" is a term used for an Annexation by a city, town or other municipality in which it acquires new territory that is contiguous to the existing territory but is only connected to it by a thin strip of land
Annexation, An, Acquires
46. It is sometimes called a "flagpole Annexation" because the territory resembles a flagpole, in which the connection is the "pole" and the annexed territory the "flag".
Annexation, And, Annexed
47. Annexation is the response to growth, and is intended to be pursued in a manner whose fiscal impact on the incorporated City is fundamentally positive
48. Therefore, the Annexation of areas whose problems are so great that they overwhelm the revenue streams, which …
Annexation, Areas, Are
49. Annexation would force Israel to choose between abandoning its commitment to democracy, or abandoning its status as a majority-Jewish state
Annexation, Abandoning, As
50. Annexation is the process of transferring land from one jurisdiction to another
51. Following Annexation, it would become a local matter and consequently easier for Israel to build there
52. Annexation continued in some of these cities, such as Waukesha, throughout the twentieth century
53. Milwaukee’s Annexation battles created several distinct local patterns
54. Annexations and consolidations in the 1950s added more than fifty square miles to the city and provided Milwaukee with a remarkably large volume of open land within city
Annexations, And, Added
55. The city of Converse will host a public hearing March 23 on its proposed Annexation of nearly 900 acres of Bexar County land within its extraterritorial jurisdiction into city limits
56. Annexation is the process by which a city adds land to its jurisdiction
57. Most persons requesting Annexation do so in order to obtain utility service through the Public Works Commission.
58. Annexation definition: the act of annexing , esp territory , or the condition of being annexed Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Annexation, Act, Annexing, Annexed, And
59. Municipalities can annex territory using either a (1) “Resolution for Annexation by Referendum” or a (2) “Resolution for Annexation by Owner Consent.”
60. Annexation petitions can be requested by landowners who would like to receive the City of Raleigh water and sewer services
61. To start the Annexation process, petitioners must fill out an Annexation Petition Application and submit it to the Planning and Development Department by …
Annexation, An, Application, And