See also: Anglo Anglophile Anglophilia Anglophilic Anglophobe Anglophenia Anglophobia Anglophone Anglophonic Anglomania Anglomaniac Anglosajon Anglosajona Anglosphere Anglo-indian Anglo-irish Anglo-saxon Angle Angler Anglican Anglicization Angled Anglico Anglet Anglia Anglian Anglicist Anglicize Anglais Anglesey Angling Anglicized
1. Anglo definition is - Anglo-american
2. How to use Anglo in a sentence.
3. Anglo synonyms, Anglo pronunciation, Anglo translation, English dictionary definition of Anglo
4. Anglo - definition of Anglo by The Free Dictionary.
5. Anglo definition, a white American of non-Hispanic descent, as distinguished especially from an American of Mexican or Spanish descent
Anglo, American, As, An
6. Definition of Anglo in the Definitions.net dictionary
7. What does Anglo mean? Information and translations of Anglo in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
8. Discover all the latest job opportunities at Anglo American & sign up for job alerts in your area.
All, At, Anglo, American, Amp, Alerts, Area
9. Anglo Diamond in Des Moines offers thousands of diamonds and beautiful engagement rings from world-class designers Tacori & Verragio.
Anglo, And, Amp
10. Anglo-Saxon, term used historically to describe any member of the Germanic peoples who, from the 5th century CE to the time of the Norman Conquest (1066), inhabited and ruled territories that are now in England and Wales
Anglo, Any, And, Are
11. The peoples grouped together as Anglo …
12. The Eternal Anglo or Angloposting refers to a series of memes, exploitable images and conspiracy theories critical of Britain, and specifically English people, which often reference various historical controversies involving Britain and its alleged transgressions against other nations, primarily Germans
Anglo, Angloposting, And, Alleged, Against
13. Working at Anglo American; Job opportunities
At, Anglo, American
14. Anglo American is a global mining company that mines a diverse range of products in South Africa i.e
Anglo, American, Africa
15. "The Anglo American Engage app gives you an easy way to stay in touch with the information that's important to you, wherever you are
Anglo, American, App, An, Are
16. - get important messages from Anglo American straight to your phone - give your feedback on important topics - keep in touch with company information - hear from leaders - find out what Anglo American is doing in your community"
17. Anglo-Eastern Univan Group is a leading, independent provider of ship management services to ship owners around the world
18. Anglo-American definition is - an inhabitant of the U.S
Anglo, American, An
19. Anglo American Plc is a mining company, which engages in the exploration and mining of precious base metals and ferrous metals
Anglo, American, And
20. [Short for Anglo-American.] An′glo adj
Anglo, American, An, Adj
21. Usage Note: In contemporary American usage, Anglo is used primarily in distinguishing a white English-speaking person from a person of Hispanic
22. Anglo-Catholic parishes exist in all branches of American Anglicanism, from TEC to ACNA to the Continuum
Anglo, All, American, Anglicanism, Acna
23. One easy way to spot an Anglo-Catholic parish is to look for priests that are part of the Society of the Holy Cross (SSC)
An, Anglo, Are
24. This is the world’s largest fraternity for Anglo-Catholic priests.
25. The Anglo-German concertina was enormously popular all across Ireland during its heyday, amongst people of nearly all social and economic groups
Anglo, All, Across, Amongst, And
27. Anglo American Optical glasses come from one of the world's oldest glasses companies
28. With manufacturing facilities in England, Anglo American glasses are made with the best quality italian zyl made by Mazzucchelli, the maker of the world's finest optical plastics.Anglo American Optical Company LTD was founded in London in 1882, with over 120 years …
Anglo, American, Are
29. Anglo American is the second largest Australian and third largest global export metallurgical coal producer operating in open cut and underground mining.
Anglo, American, Australian, And
30. Anglo-Texans unwilling or unable to seek a priest in Catholic communities received permission from the authorities to sign a marriage bond, a practice common in the non-Anglican foothills of Virginia and the Carolinas before 1776, promising to formalize their union when a priest arrived
Anglo, , Anglican, And, Arrived
31. Two other reasons brought Anglo-American settlers to Texas.
32. Anglo American South Africa Education Programme; Healthy environment; Health and safety
Anglo, American, Africa, And
33. Anglo American Plc is advancing plans to convert its fleet of giant diesel-fueled mine trucks to hydrogen power as the company seeks to burnish its green credentials.
Anglo, American, Advancing, As
34. Anglo-Norman, also known as Anglo-Norman French (Norman: Anglo-Normaund), was a dialect of Old Norman French that was used in England and, to a lesser extent, elsewhere in Great Britain and Ireland during the Anglo-Norman period.
Anglo, Also, As, And
35. Anglo- word-forming element meaning "of or pertaining to England or the English (including the English inhabitants of North America and other places); of England and," from Medieval Latin Anglo-, combining form of Angli "the English" (see Angle).
Anglo, America, And, Angli, Angle
36. The history world has been afire with a debate about Anglo-Saxon studies
Afire, About, Anglo
37. Involving accusations of elitism, racism and sexism, the arguments have also called into question whether the term 'Anglo-Saxon' is itself still fit for purpose
Accusations, And, Arguments, Also, Anglo
38. Ship burials were rare in Anglo-Saxon England – probably reserved for the most important people in society – so it's likely that there was a huge funeral ceremony
39. Anglo American PLC is a global mining company
40. Anglo American jobs now available
Anglo, American, Available
41. The central theme of Anglo-Saxon history in England is the process by which a number of diverse Germanic peoples came to form the centralized kingdom which the Normans inherited from their English predecessors
42. Nestled between the glistening jewellery shops of Hatton Garden and the bustle of Leather Lane street market in Farringdon, Anglo is a modern British dining room by chef Mark Jarvis, ran by his head chef Anthony Raffo and manager Marie Danzanvilliers.
And, Anglo, Anthony
43. The Anglo-Italian Cup (Italian: Coppa Anglo-Italiana, also known as the Anglo-Italian Inter-League Clubs Competition and from 1976–86 as the Alitalia Challenge Cup, Talbot Challenge Cup or Gigi Peronace Memorial) is a defunct European football competition.
Anglo, Also, As, And, Alitalia
44. Anglo-America (also referred to as Anglo-Saxon America) most often refers to a region in the Americas in which English is a main language and British culture and the British Empire have had significant historical, ethnic, linguistic and cultural impact
Anglo, America, Also, As, Americas, And
45. Anglo-America is distinct from Latin America, a region of the Americas where Romance languages (Spanish, Portuguese and French) are prevalent.
Anglo, America, Americas, And, Are
46. The first Anglo-Japanese Alliance (日英同盟, Nichi-Ei Dōmei) was an alliance between Britain and Japan, signed in January 1902
Anglo, Alliance, An, And
47. The KS2 History curriculum explores the world of Anglo-Saxons as a part of British history, starting with the Stone Age and ending with the Viking and Anglo-Saxon struggle for power.
Anglo, As, Age, And
48. The perfect way to get children engaged with the Anglo-Saxon period is to learn all about the culture, language and lifestyle of these Anglo-Saxon people
Anglo, All, About, And
49. At Anglo-Eastern, we work to the highest standards for our clients and seafarers alike, offering both long- and short-term opportunities with shipowners all over the world
At, Anglo, And, Alike, All
50. As an Anglo-Eastern seafarer, we look after you, focusing on your health, education and welfare
As, An, Anglo, After, And
51. An Anglo-Saxon sells a horse to a Viking
52. If the Anglo-Saxons eradicated the Celtic language, the Viking's impact was significantly less
53. The Anglo-Saxon period typically refers to the time in Britain from the year 450 up until the Norman Conquest in 1066
54.  The Anglo-Saxons were a cultural group formed by Germanic people that moved from mainland Europe to Britain
55. The Anglo-Saxons are responsible for the majority of the modern English language as well as the legal system and general society in England today.
Anglo, Are, As, And
56. While Anglo-Saxon is an ancestor of modern English, it is also a distinct language
Anglo, An, Ancestor, Also
57. This is a list of elements in which the usage is Anglo-Saxon
Anglo (noun) · Anglos (plural noun)
As a combining form, "Anglo" means "English" (as in "Anglo-French Relations" which would mean relations between Great Britain/England and France). This is derived from "Anglo-Saxon," the term used to describe the ethnicity of the main English population, who settled England from the northern German/Danish coastal areas in the medieval period.
Anglo-american definition , belonging to, relating to, or involving England and America , especially the United States, or the people of the two countries: the Anglo-American policy toward Russia. See more.
In many parts of the United States, especially those with high Hispanic populations, "Anglo-American" is shortened to "Anglo" and applied to white Americans who are not of Hispanic or Latino origin and sometimes to those who are not of French origin , but the latter criterion is based on specific linguistic considerations and limited to Louisiana and parts of Texas .
Definition of Anglo-American 1 : an inhabitant of the U.S. of English origin or descent 2 : a North American whose native language is English and especially whose culture or ethnic background is of European origin